鋼の錬金術師 16 (Fullmetal Alchemist 16)

鋼の錬金術師 16 (Fullmetal Alchemist #16)

4.55 of 5 stars 4.55  ·  rating details  ·  2,844 ratings  ·  47 reviews

The brothers pursue fugitive May Chang to solve the mystery of why their alchemical powers were rendered inert, while she and Scar continue to be able to wield them. Meanwhile, Scar enlists some unlikely help to delve into the secrets of his brother's alchemical knowledge. And the newest, most horrifying homunculus makes an appearance...!
Published by ガンガンコミックス (first published March 22nd 2007)

Janeen-san
Edward and Alphonse head north so they can track down May Chang! They're burning with questions to ask her; Why were they unable to transmute after Gluttony regeritated them, and yet May and Scar were still able too? They journey into the freezing north, without telling Whinry, of course.
I thought the picture of Ed's face was hilarious! He wanted vengence on May Chang! He says, (and this time I've got the book to write it down correctly);

Ed: Dammit! Why can't she stay in one spot!?
Al: What are...more
Joe Malley
This review is about Fullmetal Alchemist volume 16. This is probably going to be my final review posted on this cite. There were plenty aspects to this book that appeased me. One of which was the fact that the cover of the book was something that I would never have expected them to go in a place like that. Another aspect was the pictures, go figure me saying that.
The things that go along with the cover are that it is in a snow area. This different aspect made me think what the Elric Brothers wou...more
Bitsy
In volume 16 it is back to the action after the volume long flashback last time, but first there is going to be a change of scenery. The brothers want to pursue May and Scar to ask them about how the perform their type of alchemy, referred to as the purification arts. Things still start with a slow disengage from the heavy, raw and emotional revealings of the previous volume, but once the boys skip town things begin to take on a sense of urgency.

I really enjoyed how the characters that took part...more
Smaileh
After the extended flashback of Vol. 15, we jump back to the story. Edward and Alphonse search for May Chang, the little girl with the black-and-white cat (which I still think looks more like a miniature panda.) They want to learn the purification style of alchemy that she can do. Scar breaks Dr. Marcoh out of prison heads north with him--not because he has any love for Marcoh but because Scar thinks Marcoh might still prove useful. May catches up with them and travels with them. Kimblee is rele...more
Sarah Sammis
Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 16 by Hiromu Arakawa takes the series in a new direction. Friends and colleagues are scattered.

Roy Mustang's squad is broken up and deployed to the four corners of the country, with Hawkeye being made Bradley's assistant. Mirroring their deployments, Ed, Al and the others split up. Ed and Al head north while others head east and west in hopes of keeping the scent off the brothers.

There's hope in frozen north of Fort Briggs in the form of a cut-throat leader and her wel...more
Federiken Masters
Jun 24, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Todo el mundo.
Recommended to Federiken by: Lo mismo
Sí que vengo atrasado con las reviews. Este tomo lo leí hace más de dos semanas y recién ahora lo reseño. Después me tengo que acordar de hacer lo mismo con los otros 5 tomos que ya llevo leídos (más algún otro de otra serie que seguramente estoy olvidando). Yendo a la historia en sí, no es el tomo que más me entretuvo, pero mantiene el puntaje porque acá se comienza a mostrar cómo funca la alquimia de oriente, toda la teoría de las venas del dragón, y meten un cacho más de metafísica en el cont...more
Bludhaven
Wow, I really like Arakawa's awesome world building. Even Automail isn't working that well everywhere - or so Ed is to find out when he travells to the coldest place in Amerestis.

Again some interesting new characters and the plot thickens considerably for everyone involved. Ed and Al try to find Mei, because they want to find out what Xing's different kind of Alchemy is all about. Mei is still following Scar around and the search leads them to the North...

Don't want to say much more. The charact...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
The Elric brothers head to North, while Scar and others are traveling as well. Another good volume with a cliffhanger.
Robert Beveridge
Hiromu Arakawa, Fullmetal Alchemist, vol. 16 (ViZ, 2007)

The two-volume-long flashback is (finally!) over, and we can get back into the action with the Elric brothers, Roy Mustang, Scar, the homunculi, and everyone else. Ed and Al find themselves shipped off to the far north in order to look for help finding out more about the alchemy of Xing, while Scar continues his quest for Dr. Marcoh—but what does he actually want with the good doctor, anyhow? The action is back and better than ever. Wonderf...more
Robert
Finally a wintry setting, something I can understand!
Majuchan
New Developments

Even the action is slightly reduced here, but the developments are really to die for... The Elric brothers as well as Ming and Dr. Marcoh continue their troublesome journey to the freezing north. Where the Elric Brothers met the elder she-Armstrong.

I'm so eager to know what would be next for the bunch regarding their quest about alchemy. Plus there is a new Homunculi!

Oh goody!

and oh by the way, this completes my reading goal for this year! Yay! Let's party! Happy New Year Everyon...more
Korynn
In my opinion one of the best and most cutting edge series out on the market. Where else are you going to read about people questioning the war crimes of a country run by an inhuman military dictator? (heh heh) This volume brings us back to the present as everyone shambles off to their new posts and Ed and Al refresh their dedication to each other and their quest. Scar and the Red Lotus alchemist have a show-down and a new character is introduced: Armstrong's older sister!!
Courtney
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

Action-packed, thickening plot, three-dimensional characters, and humor drizzled on each character, Fullmetal Alchemist is a book that should definitely be read by all. Left me with tears in my eyes and a warm heart for every character that you meet along Ed and Al's long journey.
Lusitarius
Humor came back in this volume. Actually, it was good - the last volume was bit gloomy without it. This volume ended too soon, I would have wanted to know even more of the events that took place in this volume. Like for example what happened to Scar? Did he find his commates? And we get to know Alex Louis Armstrongs sister! Whoa, isn't she something? ;)
Jay
This one -- covering the history of a war -- is my favorite so far. I've read a lot about the world wars in Europe, but nearly none from the point of view of Japan. I was so impressed that the author talked to veterans to get a better feel for how to portray them in this book. It shows.
earthy
The boys head north after May, hoping to get her to tell them more about Xing's alchemy. In the meantime, they meet Armstrong's crazy sister, a totally badass Major General, and Scar continues to amass a group of traveling companions and a strange sort of humanity.
Emily
this book represents the series as a whole. it's amazing! great story, love the characters (too much...both my favorites have come to sticky ends so far :( I cried and ranted to my family, who now think I'm mentally impaired.)
Agent
Kim
North to Briggs! The story really starts to heat up with the introduction of Kimblee and General Armstrong, Hawkeye's revelation of Mustang's plans, and the awesomeness that is Briggs.
Christa  Seeley
Didn't love this one as much as the last volume. But I am really intrigued by the North and the new alchemists the brothers have met there,
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
May 30, 2014 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Santos Santoni
Shelves: manga, need-to-review
We start off this volume with Chapter 62:Beyond the Dream.

More review to come when editing mode hits.
Cheers Pretties!
Corley
Susan
At some point I am going to have to go back and re-read them all from the beginning because I can't remember everything that happened.
Ubalstecha
This anime keeps evolving and getting better and deeper. I hope that some threads start getting tied up as it is getting very complicated.
Clovis
FMA Reread of 2012:

A 4.5/5.

I bet you cried over Dr. Knox's reunion.

And cooed over Selim Bradley's cuteness.

Because I sure did.
Kait
They head for Mount Briggs, where Armstrong's sister is. She's a very scary lady. I would not want to be on her bad side.
Christine
And it's back to the action! Armstrong's sister is going to be a great character, I just know it. Can't wait to read Vol. 17!
Jeffrey
Pretty much an in-between volume, where not too much happens as the players move to different places. Still, not bad.
Kailey
It was good, but it was mostly just filler. I suspect the next will have more plot changing moments
ArdnAskelA
Héhé, j'adore le fait qu'ils pensent tous que le panda est un "chat noir et blanc" XD
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: To Each His Own Bonds (Fullmetal Alchemist, #5)
  • Bleach Volume 20: End of Hypnosis (Bleach #20)
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 05: Announcement (D.Gray-man, #5)
  • Pandora Hearts, Vol. 11
  • Naruto, Vol. 18: Tsunade's Choice (Naruto, #18)
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 26 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #26) Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 09 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #9) Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 10 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #10) Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 23 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #23) Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 24 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #24)

“The Homunculi may have started the war, but we were the ones who carried it out.” 17 likes