What Color Is Your Brain: A Fun and Fascinating Approach to Understanding Yourself and Others

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  9 reviews

Why do you zig while others zag? What makes you seem unique or peculiar to some people, yet similar or comforting to others?

The differences are in our personalities and how they shade our perception and affect the way we work, live, and interact. Discovering and understanding our own strengths and idiosyncrasies while adapting to others can be an overwhelming task.

In re...more
Published October 1st 2007 by Slack Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about What Color Is Your Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Color Is Your Brain

Esteban del Mal
Disappointing.

The author attempts to distill the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator down to twelve questions and prescribes four different "brain colors" (personality types) based on responses.

Upon reading that yellow-brainers (for the record, I'm not a yellow-brainer) "choose careers as CEOs," I was out. Suitable for a workshop, perhaps, but pop psychology nonetheless.

I'm not going to rate it because I've been handing out too many one-star reviews lately and it's making me feel guilty in that distinc...more
Kristi Bernard
If you've ever wondered what your personality type is, there is a way for you to find out. Sheila Glazov has created a way for you to test yourself. It's quick and easy. If you take the test you will discover if your brain is yellow, blue, green or orange. Once you come to understand the dominant part of you brain and why you do the things you do it will help you understand and value your personality type, communicate effectively with others, work with co-workers, keep energy levels up and stres...more
Michelle
This is a simpler version of the Myers /Briggs, or Kiersey?, personality types. For those that don't like to read details, this would be more for you with lots of charts and diagrams and simpler language. I preferred Please Understand Me 2
Mandi Murphy
This book is full of interesting information. Identifying the color of mine and my husband's brains was intriguing. It actually did make me go, "Hmmm. That explains why he does this and I do that."

I thought the information could have been tied together a little better. There was also an entire chapter that explained how brain color can influence relationships with children, but it gave no guidance about how to discover a child's brain color.

Over all very interesting. I think I will read it agai...more
Shaghaf Awad
As written on the back cover of the book, it is a fun read. I enjoyed reading it a lot and chuckled a few times. Can't say the approach the author used is very sceienctific but it doensn't mean it wasn't helpful and enlightining.
Yoonmee
As the title says, this is a fun approach to understanding yourself and others. =) Although it is loosely based on the Myers Briggs personality test, I wouldn't necessarily call it a scientific personality test. Still, it's fun to read and it's always nice to have words and a framework with which to help remind us how to best interact with one another.
Farahin
The book is simple, and I have been reading it again and again for about 3 years now. This book really helps me understand myself and others better. It is a must-read.
Jack
A good guidebook to go back to esp when working with a diverse group.
Meghan
Interesting...insightful...food for thought....
Rose Blum
Rose Blum is currently reading it
Aug 04, 2014
Carrie Straka
Carrie Straka is currently reading it
Aug 07, 2014
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Gabriela Mendoza
Gabriela Mendoza marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Robin Boggs
Robin Boggs marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Gerardo Garcia
Gerardo Garcia marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Olusegun Dada
Olusegun Dada marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Sarah Johnson
Sarah Johnson marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Leticia Cruz
Leticia Cruz marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014