Baking with the St. Paul Bread Club: Recipes, Tips and Stories

Baking with the St. Paul Bread Club: Recipes, Tips and Stories

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  3 reviews
In St. Paul, Minnesota, a diverse group of men and women have found each other, united by a single passion: baking bread. Once a month, a professional production bakery is transformed into a lively forum for those hooked on this satisfying ritual. Veteran journalist and club member Kim Ode invites novices and masters alike to join these dedicated bakers in the kitchen as t...more
Published September 15th 2006 by Minnesota Historical Society Press

To ask other readers questions about Baking with the St. Paul Bread Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baking with the St. Paul Bread Club

Heidi Roth
My copy of "Baking with the St. Paul Bread Club" came to my kitchen in an interesting way. I rarely win things. I tend to be extremally fortunate with opportunities but raffles and drawings don't fall my direction very often. So imagine my surprise to be selected out of literally hundreds of people watching a demonstration of the a recipe from this book to win a copy to take home with me.

I was completely out of the habit of baking bread at the time. I dutifully carried the lovely book from Minn...more
Erica
This is a decent book with interspersed stories and recipes. The stories are short (2-3 pages) and well-written, and provide a bit of interesting bread history along with personal anecdotes.

There are a large variety of recipes here, so if you're into bread, you should find something you like. I tried the focaccia recipe and it was very tasty. (It was my first attempt at focaccia.)

I wouldn't recommend this book for the beginning baker, however. For example, the french bread recipe assumes some...more
Great recipes, great stories - and the author is from Brandon!
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Katya
Katya marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2013
Poeticdemise
Poeticdemise marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 10, 2012
Todd Schweim
Todd Schweim marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2012
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2011
Bart
Bart marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2011
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2007