Start by marking “Secret Silver Nights” as Want to Read:
Secret Silver Nights

Secret Silver Nights (The Drakes of California #5)

Will winning the race mean losing her love?

The third son of a powerful Northern California dynasty, Nico Drake has dreams of one day becoming governor of his state. First item on his agenda—beating his newest mayoral challenger. Ivy League dazzler Monique Slater is already swaying voters with her innovative ideas…and arousing an irresistible desire in the heart of her u
Published August 19th 2014 by Harlequin Kimani (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Silver Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Silver Nights

Dafort
Feb 16, 2015 Dafort rated it really liked it
CONCEPT
The concept of this story was a party two political candidates bidding for the same office, try to ignore the sparks flying between them, give in to temptation and embark on a secret sizzling affair while on the campaign trail.
STORY
Orsayor
Aug 16, 2014 Orsayor rated it really liked it
Secret Silver Nights is Book #5 in The Drakes of California series by Author Zuri Day. This book centers around the third son of the powerful California dynasty.

Niko Drake is very confident when it comes to becoming the next mayor of Paradise Cove. He has used all of finesse to guarantee that he will be victorious. What he didn’t count on was his competitor, Mo Slater aka Monique Slater. Once he finds out Mo Slater's true identity the race heats up. Monique Slater was the only person to beat Nik
Hsiau Wei
Oct 16, 2014 Hsiau Wei rated it really liked it
Niko thought that his competitor for the next mayor of Paradise Cove is a guy name Mo Slater. What he didn’t expect is that Mo Slater is a women by the name of Monique Slater, the one person that has beaten him in a debates in college. He is still bitter about his losing whenever he think about it. Monique know she is playing dirty by purposely hiding her true identity. She know that her competitor is strong and that she will have a hard time in running for the mayor office. The sparks between t ...more
Kiera
Oct 04, 2014 Kiera rated it really liked it
Another Drake finds his true love. As with her other books, author Zuri Day gives you hope and belief that love does indeed conquer all. This book was an awesome read, I loved the storyline, with love & politics making good bed fellows, and it was easily readable in one sitting. Whenever I pick up one of her books, I know that I'm practically guaranteed to fall in love with the characters' story, and that the book won't disappoint me.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a great
Reshemah
Sep 01, 2014 Reshemah rated it it was amazing
Secret Silver Nights is another great book in the Drakes of California series. Niko and Mo's story is wonderful. Sometimes the political aspect in a book can get boring really fast but Zuri Day didn't put too much emphasis on political stuff. She was still able to show the readers what happens during a campaign and how some politicians play dirty. But the love story was still there. I can't wait to read about the other Drake siblings.
Vee
Sep 02, 2014 Vee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shockingly boring.

I love zuri day work. so I was shocked that this book was boring. Monique and Niko have no chemistry at all. I've fallen asleep multiple times while reading this book. And that's unknown for me. I'm use to her characters having some kind of spice or sizzle. this book fell way short of that.
Karen
Aug 04, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing
This book was an excellent read that had quite a different storyline that led to a happy ending. Both Niko Drake and Monique Slater ran a good clean race to see who the Mayor of Paradise Cove would be. There were also a few kinks that took place before the race was won and most definitely some hot and steamy nights that produced a wonderful love story. Awesome read for me!
Lakysha Reid
Mar 12, 2015 Lakysha Reid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes Secrets are a Great thing.

This is book 4 of the series, it stayed true to the family lines. It was interesting how the candidates were able to build relationship while running for office. An avid fan of Zuri, I have fallen for the Drake family.
CHANDRA  FIELDS
Sep 17, 2014 CHANDRA FIELDS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secret Silver Nights

From the very first book that I read by Zuri Day I was hooked! She has a way of making you feel like you can see, feel, and touch the love that the characters have for each other! Another great book by her. I Loved it and you will to!
Josette Carter
Sep 27, 2014 Josette Carter rated it really liked it
I could not put the book down...the love they have for one another is beautiful...even though they were both running for mayor, they learned how to put the race aside & love each other...when you have that feeling anything is possible...
Mikka
Jan 01, 2016 Mikka rated it it was ok
Shelves: aa-romance
This was one of the weaker books in the series for me. The backstory for Niko and Mo didn't really make sense. I feel like it would have been better if the first time they ever met was during the campaign. Outside of their backstory it was a decent read.
Derlena
Mar 18, 2015 Derlena rated it it was amazing
This was a very good book to read. I love the plot and the idea of how they fell in love. Her descriptions are so good that I could imagine the characters as I read them. Love, love, love this author!
Shone
Dec 29, 2014 Shone rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
Politics and love equal distrust, secrets being told and or sold, and lack of communications. This is the position Mayoral candidates Monique "Mo" Slater and Nicodemus "Niko" Drake find themselves in,
Toni
Sep 10, 2014 Toni rated it it was amazing
Nico Drake and Monique "Mo" Slater are political adversaries. They were also adversaries in a college debate. What Nico didn't know is that Mo had feelings for him while in college. Someone is playing dirty, trying to ruin Monique's reputation and keep Nico from winning the Mayor's race.
Brenda
Sep 23, 2014 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Nico and Monique ... great couple ... great chemistry ... greater passion. I loved this book and could not put it down.
Kelly Murphy
May 14, 2015 Kelly Murphy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Silver

Such a great read. I'm really looking forward to the next book. These Drakes are something else no Neko is no different.
DERRICK GRIGSBY
May 30, 2016 DERRICK GRIGSBY rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SHE DID IT AGAIN

A MUST READ THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOOD IT HELD MY ATTENTION FROM THE BEGINNING TOO THE END. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK.
Stefanie
Stefanie rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Tracy Hale
Tracy Hale rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2014
Cheryl Mcneil
Cheryl Mcneil rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Monai
Monai rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Yolanda
Yolanda rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Ethel
Ethel rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Evelyn
Evelyn rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2015
Brenda Johnson
Brenda Johnson rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Danyell Legaux
Danyell Legaux rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Brittany Tuggle
Brittany Tuggle rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2014
Rhapsody Phoenix
Rhapsody Phoenix rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Vanessa Willis
Vanessa Willis rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Zuri Day is a hopeful romantic. She believes in happy endings, half-full glasses and dreams coming true. That's why she's thrilled to be a contributing writer to this genre...one of her favorites!

Zuri doesn't remember exactly how old she was when she picked up her first romance novel, but she does remember it was love at first sight. "It was probably a Harlequin," she recalled during a recent inte
More about Zuri Day...

The Drakes of California (7 books)
  • Diamond Dreams