Tangled Vines

Tangled Vines

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  301 ratings  ·  17 reviews
From the lush vineyards of California's Napa Valley to the glittering city lights of New York, this is the enthralling story of a glamorous news anchorwoman and a rugged vintner caught up in a turbulent web of passion, intrigue, and long-buried secret. A New York Times and national bestseller, from the author of Aspen Gold and Masquerade. HC: Little, Brown.
Published July 31st 1993 by Little Brown and Company (first published 1992)

Mistydawn Thrash
Meh.

It was a romance novel. The story line was based on wine-making and I'm not knowledgeable in the business of vintners. I did find some of the information about wines and the making of it, at times, interesting.

I did not find the story interesting. The emotional tug of abuse is possibly the only redeeming quality to this story. It's a tug that is undeniable. You feel for Miss Douglass from the moment that comes into play. The abuse portion of this story actually over-shadows the romance of i...more
Farshana Sihab
A good story line which could have been explored more in depth. It seems more on the surface, and an unusual ending. That was a surprise as I have never seen a romantic novel without all rosy endings!
Thumps up for those who love suspense stories.
Irene Lopez
not very interesting
Sandi Hall henning
A long time ago I read a few Janet Dailey's but they were a bit too traditional romantic novels for me. This one, "Masquerade", and "Silver Wings, Santiago Blues" I have to admit I did really enjoy reading (albeit 10 years ago). Would I try others by this author, probably not as my tastes have changed since then.
Shannon
It appeared to have an awesome plot in the beginning... and the steam just rolled thickley up to the last 20 pages. Then it flopped. A huge let down. I was so disappointed in the ending. Oh well. It was a loaner from my mom.
Tinytextiles
A novel which perpetuates the good and bad figures but which also tells the history of wine making in Napa valley and France. Found this part of the book most interesting. The story line is the usual--evil vs good.
Heather
dated, as it takes place in the 90's and the fashion references are hysterical. but good story. weird ending, actually did not end up sappy, pleasant surprise
Tiffany
a lighter read but some good mystery linked in with the romance
Monica
No chemistry, no excitement, no substance.

Jeanette
Very interesting. Brought Napa Valley to life. Romance.
Laura Millerick
this was one of my favorite authors for a time.
Camandwmm
A fairly good mystery, but lacked excitement.
Mandie
How did this book get published? DUMB.
Liz
No substance to this book.
Viv
dated book but not too bad
Jackie Simons
Read 10/96
Dakotabug
Dakotabug marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Madalina
Madalina marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Salena Arrington
Salena Arrington marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Delores Alger
Delores Alger marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Jun 21, 2014
Jenni
Jenni added it
Jun 20, 2014
  • Home Song
  • Golden Threads (Once Upon A Time, #1)
  • The Passions of Chelsea Kane
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Man From Half Moon Bay
  • With Hope (Dolan Brothers, #2)
  • Stolen by the Sheikh
  • Sara's Song
  • Triumph (Florida Civil War, #6)
  • The Legacy
  • Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress (Royal Brides, #8)
  • The Carousel
  • On Bear Mountain
  • Gambler's Woman
  • The Spiral Path
  • Dangerous to Know
  • Bad Boy of New Orleans
  • Going Home
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme...more
More about Janet Dailey...
This Calder Sky (Calder Saga #3) This Calder Range (Calder Saga #1) Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5) Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2) Calder Born, Calder Bred (Calder Saga #4)