Start by marking “Looking for Easter” as Want to Read:
Looking for Easter

Looking for Easter

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  87 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Little Bunny searches for Easter among the signs of spring in the forest.
Published March 1st 2008 by Albert Whitman & Company (first published February 15th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Looking for Easter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Looking for Easter

The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes by DuBose HeywardThe Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise BrownThe Easter Egg by Jan BrettThe Golden Egg Book by Margaret Wise BrownThe Egg Tree by Katherine Milhous
Easter Books
40th out of 179 books — 63 voters
The Golden Egg Book by Margaret Wise BrownThe Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes by DuBose HeywardThe Easter Egg by Jan BrettThe Bunny Who Found Easter by Charlotte ZolotowMinerva Louise and the Colorful Eggs by Janet Morgan Stoeke
Secular Easter Picture Books
6th out of 33 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa Vegan
Mar 26, 2011 Lisa Vegan rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Easter time reading for kids of all persuasions including vegans; kids who love animals & nature
Oh, I felt all soft and warm and fuzzy as I read this. This book is appropriate for the youngest child and, most importantly, children who come from families that normally celebrate Easter and those who do not. I read it because I’d read it was a vegan friendly Easter book (no animal milk chocolate bunnies, eggs for human consumption, etc.) and I was delighted to find that was true. Easter is “new life” and that is compatible with Christianity but also appropriate for non-Christians. I love the ...more
Kathryn
May 03, 2011 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kathryn by: Lisa Vegan
An absolutely adorable story of a little bunny who goes looking for Easter. What is Easter, exactly? Is it a grass basket, sweet berries, an egg... or is it perhaps all of these things, and even more? As bunny carries on his search and helps his (super cute!) meadow friends, he comes to find Easter in his own special way.

I love this book! The story and illustrations are so warm and cozy and hold such a sweet meaning without being didactic or cloying. It's a wonderful celebration of spring, and o
Danielle
Feb 08, 2015 Danielle rated it really liked it
I really thought this story was well done. I love how the rabbit went to several friends as he learned about what Easter was. He slowly gets the basket figured out and then so generously gives it up to help a bird make a home for his babies. The best part is at the end he is led back to his friends to see new birth of many babies. The moral of the story was that the meaning of Easter isn't baskets and candy....its the celebration of new birth.
Rachel
Feb 25, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: february
In the story the little bunny is looking for Easter. In his search he ends up helping all of his friends by collecting branches, digging holes, collecting berries, and in the end she gave her basket away to Robin as a next. We learned in the story that Easter comes with new life, it is new life. Children would have fun learning how animals lived in the wild and what they need to survive.
Haley
Feb 05, 2015 Haley rated it really liked it
Out of all of the books that I read today, this one was most likely my favorite. I know that Children have these sorts of questions as well, just like Little Bunny has questions. I think that it is told in such as way as to be easily understood and that children would find the pictures very pleasant, just like I did. A fun little Easter Tale.
Christopher Petty
Apr 16, 2014 Christopher Petty rated it liked it
The author seems to have left out that Easter is a religious holiday. If someone would introduce the poor bunny to Jesus then he could stop looking for Easter because he would understand its true meaning....which isn't about baskets, babies, sweets or springtime weather. A cute story but a definite miss.
Destiny
Oct 16, 2014 Destiny rated it it was amazing
Great book about the meaning of Easter that you can use in a classroom. You can't incorporate Jesus but this book tells the purpose of celebrating Easter and shows that doing good and serving others is the best way to celebrate that renewal of self and life. Great teaching opportunities.
Shasta
Jan 26, 2016 Shasta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Faith Friends 2016 - What does Easter smell, feel, and taste like? Great book to use for a jumping off place into the true meaning of Easter
Kim
Mar 31, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it
Adorable! It is a book more about spring than anything. A non-religious look at the Easter season and spring for little ones.
Caroline Dougherty
Oct 16, 2014 Caroline Dougherty rated it really liked it
Such a sweet and innocent story about the moral of Easter and new life! It resembles Christ without talking about Him.
Renee' Williams
May 09, 2014 Renee' Williams rated it liked it
Ok. More of a counting story.
Beth
Mar 31, 2014 Beth added it
Shelves: children-s, easter
New life is all around Little Bunny.
Tam
Jul 30, 2014 Tam rated it it was ok
Shelves: easter, season-spring
I think this book should be titled, "Looking for Spring" because it wasn't a typical "Easter" book. Most kids know about the Easter Bunny so it seems strange that this bunny doesn't even know what Easter is! That being said, I thought it had a great message about helping others.
Kim
Apr 06, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-to-kids
I loved this book and so did my little girl. What a sweet story about a little bunny searching for Easter and the wonder he discovers. It is a great Easter book for children who are too young understand fully the REAL Easter story.
Dolly
Jun 04, 2009 Dolly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2009, easter
This book is an adorable way to teach the real meaning of the Spring season and the idea that Easter means "new life." It's a wonderful story to read aloud to children. We've borrowed this book a few times from the library.
Heather
Feb 23, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, easter
21 months - A nice Easter book about spring and new life without needing to be religious. Very cute.
Teri
Apr 11, 2012 Teri rated it really liked it
Shelves: easter
Pleasantly surprised by this book--I liked the idea at the end of the book that Easter is new life.
Inspired Kathy
Sep 09, 2011 Inspired Kathy rated it really liked it
This is a non religious Easter book that focus on Spring, giving and new life.
Aiden
Aiden rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Renee
Renee added it
Mar 29, 2016
JINA YU
JINA YU marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
MsFictitious
MsFictitious rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Serena
Serena rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Smith Family
Smith Family rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Justine Goeden
Justine Goeden rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Shasta
Shasta added it
Mar 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dori Chaconas learned story pacing from an early age while entertaining her younger siblings. The author of such picture books as ON A WINTRY MORNING, ONE LITTLE MOUSE, and MOMMA, WILL YOU?, she lives in Germantown, Wisconsin.
More about Dori Chaconas...