Start by marking “Forgive for Love: The Missing Ingredient for a Healthy and Lasting Relationship” as Want to Read:
Forgive for Love: The Missing Ingredient for a Healthy and Lasting Relationship

Forgive for Love: The Missing Ingredient for a Healthy and Lasting Relationship

Published January 1st 2008 by HarperOne (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Forgive for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgive for Love

Amina Al motery
Feb 22, 2015 Amina Al motery rated it it was ok
Shelves: amor-marriage
the idea of the book is a terrific one, forgiveness is a blessing quality human can have, it changes you from inside so that you can be able to give & love your partner, however i didn't like the repetitive ideas in the book and the countless cases in that therapy, it was too much to read about each single case with so many details i had to skip parts of the book, those tiny details and the style of writing them killed that interest to learn more about forgiveness.
Jane
Oct 06, 2012 Jane rated it liked it
Finding the love of your life and holding onto that relationship is more difficult than ever. The problem hasn't gone unnoticed. From relationship therapists to speed-dating, self-help books to online matchmaking, an entire industry has developed to help us navigate the bumpy road of relationships. Yet in spite of the availability of all these resources, many of us still struggle to discover and keep the love of our lives. That is, until now.

This groundbreaking book from the frontiers of psychol
Sally
Feb 23, 2008 Sally rated it did not like it
Shelves: self-help
While some of the ideas aren't bad, the presentation is very authoritative and normative; for me, not a helpful book.
Leslie
Jun 06, 2011 Leslie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I heard Luskin interviewed on NPR about his Stanford "Forgiveness Project", which enticed me to read the book. It contains some wonderful information: what forgiveness is (finding a peaceful place within) and isn't (i.e. forgetting; or saying the offense was okay), and the steps one takes to get from here to there. I was not fond of the use of anacronyms (PERT, HEAL) to remind us of mental exercises. However, the exercises were helpful for me. This book guided me through an important process in ...more
Julie
Feb 04, 2014 Julie rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Not sure I am going to read this word for word, but it has interesting definitions of forgiveness, stages of forgiveness, and steps to forgiveness. Includes a chapter on self-forgiveness. Many anecdotes and written by someone who has studied forgiveness for about 25 years. So few relationship books address the topic.
Amal
Mar 02, 2008 Amal rated it really liked it
Forgive!!! not a given process, takes a transformative journey to reach it. I agree with the author: you can't love and taste the sweetness of life and people if you don't learn and know how to Forgive.
Lauraking05
Jan 04, 2013 Lauraking05 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book. It offers attainable steps to living a life filled with forgiveness. I learned to recognize the difference in forgiving one incident as opposed to approaching all relationships through the eyes of forgiveness.
Courtney
Mar 11, 2008 Courtney rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed this book. I felt like it really cleared some misconceptions up for me about forgiveness. And has made it more clear and easy to forgive. It gave me some good tools and empowerment.
Debbie Jorgensen
Debbie Jorgensen rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Janis Hales
Janis Hales rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
Robyn
Robyn rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2015
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2013
John
John rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2012
Tammy L. Razewski
Tammy L. Razewski rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2015
Sheena Robinson
Sheena Robinson rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Bc Moore
Bc Moore rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2013
Ahf
Ahf rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2012
Tamara
Tamara rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2015
Sondra Eklund
Sondra Eklund rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2010
Laura rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2009
Ce Eshelman
Ce Eshelman rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
William Nye
William Nye rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Ce Eshelman
Ce Eshelman rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Raquel
Raquel rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2010
Courtney
Courtney rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Kristi
Kristi rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2012