Start by marking “SPIDERS: Fun Facts and Amazing Photos of Animals in Nature (Amazing Animal Kingdom Series)” as Want to Read:

Quick! What comes to mind when I say the word “spider”? Are you creeped out—or are you one of those spider-lovers? No matter how you may feel about these eight-legged arachnids, one thing is for certain—you are sure to learn a whole lot you didn’t know about them before! This special report for young kids is jam-packed with fun facts, humor, and conversational-toned ...more
Published March 16th 2014 by Indie Author

To ask other readers questions about SPIDERS, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SPIDERS

Nancy Silk
May 09, 2014 Nancy Silk rated it it was amazing
"A Great Children's Study Guide on Spiders"

The layout in this series is very good, with chapters well defined and actual photos of described spiders. Spiders are fascinating insects... no, wait, they are not insects but are air breathing arthropods. They are fascinating to watch, sometimes very scary. Some are dangerous and children should learn to stay away from the poisonous spiders in their area. Personally, I've always enjoyed Daddy Long Leg spiders as they are harmless. But when spiders are
Chris The Story Reading Ape
Mar 18, 2014 Chris The Story Reading Ape rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
Another great little book in the Amazing Animal Kingdom Series by this author.

The level of language used will make it easy and fun for young readers, plus, the colour photos will add to their enjoyment.

As mentioned by the author near the start of the book, these photos can be enlarged for a better view.

See my review also at:

Jaguar
Jan 15, 2015 Jaguar rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-kindle
I love reading spider books (yes, it’s true), especially about the ones that can kill people. (I like to learn here!) Emma Child presented this book fabulously and you could read about a bunch of different spiders, if their venom was potent to humans, and if there were any human deaths from them. I would read this book again and I recommend this book for all ages (or anyone who isn’t afraid of spiders)

2014-Summer-Reading-Review
ronald brasel
Mar 21, 2014 ronald brasel rated it it was amazing
Great book!!!

I read the book and looked at the pictures with my 3 year old and he loved the picture detail. The layout was great and he was immediately able to point out the Black Widows which made me happy. This book would be even better for older children as the wording is for older than 3 for the most part but we enjoyed it very much!
Randy
Mar 23, 2015 Randy rated it it was amazing
Spiders always seem to bring out the worst in most people. Author Emma Child relieves some of that fear/suspicion in her book on the eight-legged creatures.

A primer first on common characteristics they all share, then brief discussions of some of the more common/known spiders. All illustrated with interesting photographs.
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
I am such a fan of Emma Child's books. They are filled with interesting facts and great pictures. Spiders are creepy to me, but my boys and I loved learning more about these creepy, crawly creatures! 4 stars
Jo
Spiders: Fun Facts & Amazing Photos of Animals in Nature is another on of Emma Child's excellent science books for children.
Whistlers Mom
Sep 24, 2016 Whistlers Mom rated it really liked it
I like spiders!

And it's not because of CHARLOTTE'S WEB (which I've never read.) If you're spooked by this author's claim that the average house has thirty spiders, relax. I think I've got my share and maybe yours, too. I catch-and-release, but if they're big enough that I'm sure they're not Black Widows or Brown Recluse, then I'm happy to peacefully co-exist. I swear I've met a few that were quite personable and I can understand people keeping tarantulas as pets.

When my nephew was a sprout he wa
Barbara Ann
Oct 18, 2015 Barbara Ann rated it it was amazing
Another entry in the Amazing Animals series of kindle books. The photos can be enlarged for closer inspection by young readers. I enjoyed this nonfiction book; facts were presented in an easy to read and interesting format.

Readers learn what a spider looks like, how they spin webs, the venom they engender, what they eat, and the families in which they live. The book is packed with little known information. I learned that crab spiders often live in tree trunks and that the diving bell spider live
Jane
Spiders: Fun Facts & Amazing Photos of Animals in Nature ~ Amazing Animal Kingdom ~ Book 6 is an excellent science book for elementary age children. Spiders are found in most parts of the world, so it is easy for the teacher to show the children real examples of what they are learning about in the fact full book by Emma Child.
Nancy C. Moyer
Nancy C. Moyer rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2015
Jessica L. Roth
Jessica L. Roth rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2014
OutlawPoet
OutlawPoet rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Keena
Keena rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Valerie M. Gargarello
Valerie M. Gargarello rated it did not like it
Nov 14, 2014
ita
ita rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2015
Zachary
Zachary rated it liked it
May 13, 2014
mas
mas rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Sara A Fehrenbach
Sara A Fehrenbach rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2015
Emma
Emma added it
Mar 17, 2014
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Sameh Tawifk
Sameh Tawifk marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Tamela Sutler
Tamela Sutler marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Zubair
Zubair marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Stacey
Stacey added it
Dec 03, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016