Start by marking “World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War [Abridged 5-CD Set] (AUDIO CD/AUDIO BOOK)” as Want to Read:

Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Audio CD
Published by Random House Audio

To ask other readers questions about World War Z, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about World War Z

Devon H
Feb 01, 2016 Devon H rated it liked it
The premise for this novel was exceptional. Brooks wrote a zombie fiction as a history, and I think it's a remarkably unique style in an era of zombie novels. I listened to the audiobook as part of a challenge, and I loved the casting. There were so many voices and I loved how the tale included opinions from people all over the world (obviously falsified as this is a fictional story). That the disease was a worldwide phenomenon and affected everyone in different ways was a successful aspect of ...more
Kitt Tea
Oct 26, 2016 Kitt Tea rated it it was amazing
This is an incredible audio book. The interview styling of the novel leant it's self so well to the audio book medium. The cast did an incredible job of narrating the experience and keeping the audience captivated.

This book truly feels like a commentary on what has passed and what is yet to come.
Natalie Sciulli
Nov 06, 2016 Natalie Sciulli rated it really liked it
The cast for this audio book is stellar. I've read the book but to hear it come to life was amazing! Such an interesting way to tell a zombie apocalypse story, through interviews. Highly recommend this in print and audio!!
Lindsay
May 01, 2016 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Lets start with the one thing I really didn't like about this audiobook this is the abridged version which the only version I could get my hands on. Apparently when the move came out a less abridged (but still abridged version) came out, and apparently there is an unabridged version that isn't available in America .

That being said this was a really great audiobook. The story was interesting it was easy to suspend my disbelief and dive into this. The audiobook is preformed by a full cast which he
Ting
Oct 26, 2014 Ting rated it really liked it
I only listened to the abridged version of the audiobook.

I really enjoyed this book because of its setting/environment. For example, Brooks puts in details such as calling the undead "Zacks" or the info given on the weapons. My favorite narrator is actually Todd Wanio, because the stories of his time in service while the soldiers swept from the West to the East to get rid of the zombies were both entertaining and horrifying.

I thought it was an excellent idea to have so many different narrations
Whitney
This goes above and beyond most audiobooks! Clearly put some of the Brooks Family Hollywood connections to good use to build up an amazing cast of voice actors. Moreover, they bring to life an incredible story that is so much more than just a scare-fest zombie novel. It asks the question: What would the world be like if the entire Human Race - regardless of nationality, religion, race, physical ability, or social class - all had to join together to fight a common enemy?

Both entertaining and thou
Kristen
Jun 13, 2016 Kristen rated it really liked it
Awesome audiobook! The whole book is a collection of personal accounts of the war of the zombies against humanity. They had a different actor for each person which made listening really enjoyable. I didn't realize that I had the abridged edition until the last 20minutes :( so I don't think I will go back & catch the unabridged parts.

I am not "into" the whole zombie craze, but quite enjoyed this book.
John
Oct 26, 2015 John rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! Within a day I finished this Audio book and it was one of those few books that I was really sad to put down, I will make the time to read the unabridged version at some point, hopefully the rest of the stories are just as well written. I just loved the depth of this book, it feels like a very real description of events and the voice acting in this Audio book made it even better! So far my favorite read of the year.
Marcella
Oct 03, 2015 Marcella rated it really liked it
It's missing some of my favorite stories ( otherwise this would get a 5 stars). The actors are pitch perfect and really make the writings come to life - the music in between is a bit cheesy, but on the whole it's a great listen
Kisa Sandoval
Jul 15, 2015 Kisa Sandoval rated it really liked it
I first read this book in paperback a couple of years ago, by a friend encouraged me to listen to the audible version and I'm so glad I did, the all star cast of narrators really help bring the stories alive in a way just reading them never could. This is a great listen for the car!
Lisa
Oct 05, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, audio
This was the abridged audio version. I loved the stories and the way they were told. I plan to get my hands on the full version sometime soon because now I'm intrigued to hear the rest of the stories.
Nadia Michelle Rich
Sep 18, 2015 Nadia Michelle Rich rated it it was amazing
One of the best audio books out there. Can be gory, but the full cast reading keeps the listener on the edge of her seat.
Luke Harris
May 12, 2016 Luke Harris rated it liked it
How to make the apocalypse rather boring... Incredibly well researched, but without much narrative momentum.
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Nicole Miller
Nicole Miller rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2015
Haley
Haley rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
May 20, 2014
Ken Dalton
Ken Dalton rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it it was ok
Apr 02, 2016
Arioch
Arioch rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2014
Sharon Phillips
Sharon Phillips rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2016
Glad1981
Glad1981 rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2016
Kara
Kara rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Dawn Hope
Dawn Hope rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Vikki Anselmo
Jan 24, 2016 Vikki Anselmo rated it really liked it
I listed to the unabridged 10-CD set.
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Brandon Lowery
Brandon Lowery rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2015
Jane Foor
Jane Foor rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Josh Armendariz
Josh Armendariz rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Harloe
Harloe rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Max Brooks is The New York Times bestselling author of The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z. He has been called ”the Studs Terkel of zombie journalism.“

Brooks is the son of director Mel Brooks and the late actress Anne Bancroft. He is a 1994 graduate of Pitzer College. His wife, Michelle, is a screenwriter, and the couple have a son, Henry.
More about Max Brooks...