Start by marking “The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)

The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed #3)

For fans of Lauren Kate's Fallen series comes the exciting conclusion to the trilogy that includes The Beautiful and the Cursed and The Lovely and the Lost. The Waverly sisters must save themselves before all is lost.

Since the Waverlys arrived in Paris, the streets have grown more fearsome by the day. As Ingrid learns to master her lectrux gift, she must watch Axia's power
Published April 14th 2015 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about The Wondrous and the Wicked, please sign up.

Ashley Unfortunately it is. Look at the description above, the "exciting conclusion to the trilogy." Maybe we can hope for another novella in the future…moreUnfortunately it is. Look at the description above, the "exciting conclusion to the trilogy." Maybe we can hope for another novella in the future though?(less)

Alyssa

Book Three of the Dispossessed series
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: April 14, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: Review copy sent by the publisher

***SPOILER FREE REVIEW (perhaps spoilers for books 1 and 2, but not this book)***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)

What an ending to remember!! WOW, I couldn't of asked for a better ending, though I REALLY wish it would of touched a little bit more on the after world, and how things are now that everything is all said and done. But nevertheless, this was another EPIC hit from Page Morgan. I'm starting to think this woman can write no wrong!!

BUT I JUST WANT ONE MORE BOOK!!! JUST ONE MORE PAGE MORGAN, PLEASE????????????????

BECAUSE...

SO...

description

SO, FOR NOW, THIS IS JUST A TEMPORARY...

~~~~~~~EDITED~~~~~~~
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
An ARC of this title was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own.

This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

Guys, if you haven't started this series yet, you are missing out on one of the most unique shifter stories out there. Forget that comparison to Lauren Kate in the synopsis up there. I liked those books when I didn't know what else was out there, but now I know better. Now I know that there are books like this out there. Books full of
Jen
Sep 07, 2015 Jen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, ya
LOVED.IT.SO.HARD.

This is one of those books that snuck up on me. I'm not a huge historical-anything fan because it involves keeping track of dates and timelines which for me, feels an awful lot like "mathing". (The mild form of dsylexia I have makes numbers a challenge sometimes.) BUT, when the audio for The Lovely and The Lost came up for review last spring, I took one look at that cover (the blue one), read the blurb, and decided to give it a shot. Because gargoyles and Paris.

I'm so glad I d
Juhina
The Dispossessed trilogy is officially one of my favourite YA trilogies. This trilogy has everything in it: supernatural, historical, paranormal, fantasy, romance, and kick butt feminist protagonists. This trilogy doesn't have a single POV, it somehow switches from one to the other, including the main protagonist Ingrid, her twin Grayson, her younger sister Gabby, as well as several other secondary characters (though at a minimum). Usually this would create confusion and you immediately like and ...more
Frannie Pan
I AM SPEECHLESS AND OVERWHELMED AND I JUST GOD, I NEED A MOMENT TO JUST COME BACK TO MYSELF.

REVIEW TO COME. SOON.
Colleen Houck
What a great end to a great series! I love the net things and the idea of them pulling out the demon/angel blood, filtering it, and then putting human blood back. That sounds really gross now that I read it but it was brilliant. Trust me. I have such a soft spot for the gargoyles. Especially Luc but also Marco. I imagined the end a bit differently. Won't give any spoilers but let's just say the sad thing that happened was really tragic to me and I held out hope that something awesome would come ...more
Tamara
Apr 29, 2015 Tamara rated it really liked it

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why so much POV changes?
Why skim through important encounters?
Why become so predicable at the end?
Why unnecessary endings of people?
Why so much action in so little words?
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????????

And then I cried at the end...........

Disappointed that the series is at an end when I feel there is unanswered questions due to the kind of predictable ending. Also, Disappointment with the book as a whole. :
Axie
This series is seriously underrated. It's romantic, action-packed, well-written, with great characterizations and a brilliant & unique paranormal world. Oh, and did I say romantic? Oh well, let me say it again. It's SUPER swoon-tastic w/ a million sailing SHIPS.
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Feb 04, 2015 Jaime (Two Chicks on Books) rated it it was amazing
The perfect finale!!! It was amazing! This is how you end a series! I loved every page. I cried, swooned, and laughed! And I kinda hope there a spin off ;)
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Apr 06, 2015 Jessica (a GREAT read) rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC from the author in a contest won on her blog, I was in no way compensated for this review.

I was positively ecstatic to have won Page Morgan's The Wondrous and the Wicked! Not only had I read The Lovely and the Lost as a wayy early ARC, but I was having a crummy week at the time of winning, so this definitely made me smile! And what a read it was! I loved it!

In the past few years, I have developed a love for gargoyles. No clue why. Think it was that I saw a gargoyle statue an
Rachel
Apr 19, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Page Morgan delivers an epic, action-packed and utterly riveting conclusion to her series with THE WONDROUS AND THE WICKED. It’s a story filled with nail-biting suspense, one that will keep readers on edge as they await Ingrid’s, Luc’s, Vander’s, Gabby’s, Nolan’s, Grayson’s and Marco’s fates, and one that builds toward a dramatic and incredibly climactic showdown that offers no guarantee of a victory for those characters readers have come to know and love.

The author invites readers back into her
Michelle
Sep 09, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it
Why the eff is this series for people who liked Fallen?
(I only read the first book to be fair)

Seriously, that book was the worst. Period. There was no way I could have possibly liked it.

Some differences:
- This series has plot.
- This series isn't about a girl chasing after two people.
- This series contains gargoyles.
- This series has ACTUAL plot. Not a poor excuse for one.
- The first book actually made my heart pound.
- This series has better covers (sorry, Fernanda, I'm still watching you on dA)
Suzanne
Jul 12, 2015 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
This series improved immensely from the first book to the last in the trilogy. Lots of action, a fast pace and by this stage, I love the characters that I wasn't even sure I liked after the first book. I seriously considered not picking up the second, but I'm so glad I did. This will go down as one of my favourite series now that I would definitely recommend.
Kristen
Apr 12, 2015 Kristen rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-wishlist
Review soon!
Thank you, Edelweiss, for providing this book from Delacorte for review!

Ingrid is left in Paris with a different gargoyle presiding over her home. Her brother, Grayson, seems to have disappeared, when he's actually learning more about demon dust with Vander in order to fight off his hellhound instincts. Gabby is trapped in London with Rory, Nolan's cousin, and she insists on training to become an Alliance member, no matter what Nolan says. Meanwhile, Luc is separated from the Waverly family, and
Astin
Sep 27, 2016 Astin rated it really liked it
4.3 stars. Great story and wonderful wrap up but there was one plot twist that wasn't necessary and made me sad :(
Novels On The Run
May 20, 2015 Novels On The Run rated it it was amazing

BOOK REVIEW by Michelle 16th May 2015:

RATING: 5 PAGE TURNING PARANORMAL STARS!

This is one of my favourite YA paranormal trilogies. I simply dig it so much. Alas it has now come to an end.

I will miss Luc and Ingrid, Gabby, Grayson, Nolan, Vander, Marco and the other sub characters.

The Beautiful and the Cursed had me sucked into Paris in the year 1899. The city with gargoyles, demons, the Alliance and gothic danger as we follow two brave sisters, their brother and a boy named Luc.

The Lovely and T
Lígia Bellini
May 06, 2015 Lígia Bellini rated it it was ok
I was going to give 1 star, but i gave 2 stars, because the concept Page Morgan brought on the series were really nice! But i'm disappointed with the last book. First, i realized that Ingrid didn't deserve Luc! I still think, that it was really silly to try the love triangle between Luc, Ingrid and Vander (he is actually, the only character that i didn't like since the first book. Actually, he would match with Chelle. Both characters got on my nerves!). It bothers me, that all the time Ingrid ...more
Amy
Adventure, romance, demons, gargoyles, smart and strong heroines, dashing and humble heroes, 1900's Paris, apocalyptic underworld invasion...this book has it all!

This series deserves WAY more attention than it's getting. Such a great story and dynamic characters. It felt authentic--as far as the historical 1900's Paris aspects were concerned--but still super accessible. I can't help but compare this to Infernal Devices, and everything like bugged me about those books (cough--Tessa--cough) is abs
Stacey Kym
'The Wondrous and the Wicked' was...let me put it into a list:
1. Boring as hell for the first half? of the novel. I'm still not quite sure why I've continued to read this series despite my lack of interest in it and the general disappointment.
2. Not much better than the other instalments in the series.
3. Too dark for me. SOOOO much doom and gloom. People, gag me.
4. Too average, too normal, too much like other novels.
5. I really don't like ugly gargoyles who turn into attractive men. I find it we
Imani
Nov 04, 2015 Imani rated it really liked it
The finale to the trilogy!! That was intense!

If you can believe it there was even MORE chaotic action than in the second book. Axia has come above ground and Paris is like hell unleashed on Earth. War has come.

The ending was almost exactly what I wanted and expected. I was totally cool with Grayson's fate tbh. Though that ending was great I wasn't all that satisfied because I was like "Wait what?? What about the Dispossessed? Luc's leadership??" I wanted more romance between Ingrid and Luc bu
Lucia
This series is awfully clichéd, poorly written at times, and I suspect it plagiarized at least one TV show. It's also my guilty pleasure xD and that's my only explanation to why I read the three novels and one short story despite all their flaws.
Haraiah Eve
Jul 17, 2015 Haraiah Eve rated it really liked it
My heart... Loved the series overall. This will be one of my favorites until the end of time :D

SERIES REVIEW http://haraiah.blogspot.com/2015/07/s...
Roanna25
Apr 01, 2015 Roanna25 rated it it was amazing
everything i could have asked for. i laughed, i cried, i was shocked and at the end i was thoroughly pleased!
Annie
Jun 04, 2015 Annie rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-reviews, 2015
Pili
May 10, 2015 Pili rated it really liked it
A fantastic final book for a wonderful trilogy. One not without sacrificies and plenty of unexpected surprises, some good and some bad. 4 to 4.5 stars.
Rose Harnder
Nov 13, 2016 Rose Harnder rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book! Out of the whole series this is definitely my favorite. Reads will open this book and never know what's coming. I was in tears at the end and am utterly amazed by the amount of emotion Page was able to put into this book. I recommend it to everyone! It shows us the true meaning of love and family. Definitely in my Top 10 list!
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Cassie C
Dec 30, 2015 Cassie C rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Review to come!

Update 3/29/15:

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was the perfect finale to an amazing, unique series. There are not many gargoyle books out there, but this is one that deserves major credit. This entire series has been an absolute thrill ride full of twists and turns, and never knowing what to expect. This series is wonderfully creative and unique, and Page Morgan is definitely an author to watch, something she proves even more in this third and
  • Chantress Fury (Chantress, #3)
  • Uniquely Unwelcome (The Shadow World, #1)
  • Imaginable (Intangible, #2)
  • Isaura (Aberrant, #3)
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • Uriel (Paladin, #2)
  • Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone, #2)
  • War (True Reign, #3)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • The Blind Wish (The Jinni Wars, #2)
  • Cross My Heart (The Red Sector Chronicles, #3)
  • 暁のヨナ 17 [Akatsuki no Yona 17]
  • Ever Winter (A Dark Faerie Tale, #3)
  • Rebellion (Extraction, #2)
  • The Eternity Key (Into the Dark, #2)
  • Blackout (Annum Guard, #2)
I'm the author of the YA Gothic thrillers THE BEAUTIFUL & THE CURSED, THE LOVELY & THE LOST, and THE WONDROUS & THE WICKED. I've been intrigued by les grotesques ever since I saw an old, black-and-white photograph of a Notre Dame gargoyle keeping watch over the city of Paris. I wanted to tell that gargoyle's story. Soon, the idea for The Dispossessed series was born.

I live in New Engla
More about Page Morgan...

The Dispossessed (3 books)
  • The Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed, #1)
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)

“I was wrong, Gabby, and I'll apologize for it forever if you want me to. But the truth is I couldn't face you. If I came to you and you sent me away, if I knew for certain that you didn't want me anymore...God in heaven, Gabriella Waverly, I've never been so bloody afraid of a lass before.” 2 likes
“I'm trying to keep you safe."
Safe as a porcelain bowl wrapped in cotton linen and boxed up. It would be a lie to say she didn't want to feel safe, or that Nolan's worry didn't leave her feeling warm and even a bit precious. But it also left her feeling trapped, like an ornamental bird kept in a cage, its wings clipped.”
2 likes