Start by marking “100 Places Every Woman Should Go” as Want to Read:
100 Places Every Woman Should Go

100 Places Every Woman Should Go

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  227 ratings  ·  21 reviews
With its breezy reviews and insightful advice, 100 Places Every Woman Should Go encourages women of any age to see the world — in a group, with a friend, or solo — and inspires them to create their own list of dreams. Based on her own explorations ofmany countries, states, and regions, and on interviews with travelers, award-winning author Stephanie Elizondo Griest highlig ...more
Published February 5th 2007 by Travelers' Tales

To ask other readers questions about 100 Places Every Woman Should Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Places Every Woman Should Go

A Walk in the Woods by Bill BrysonEat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth GilbertInto the Wild by Jon KrakauerInto Thin Air by Jon KrakauerIn a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson
Favourite Travel Books
370th out of 1,244 books — 2,640 voters
Going Solo by Eric KlinenbergI Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua HarrisLiving Alone & Liking It!* by Lynn ShahanSingle and Loving It! by Kate McVeigh100 Places Every Woman Should Go by Stephanie Elizondo Griest
The Upside of Living Alone/Single Life
4th out of 26 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Lavinia
this is a must for all you female vagabonds!
Stacey
It was a fun and easybook to read. It got me to think about a lot of places I'd never considered visiting before. I also really enjoyed the 100th place to go as it was unexpected. My qualms however were that when she described the places I had visited, she usually left out all of my favorite experiences. The book seemed to be aimed at artsy, feminist, party-goers. Also, she provided street addresses in the text of many locations which was annoying to read through and could have been in an append ...more
Elizabeth
This book is a fantastic reference for anyone who wants to adventure into parts of the world and get the most out of it. It is a bent toward women but anyone can find the places fascinating. I liked that there was further reading suggestions and URL's for research as well as tour suggestions. I took this book out of the library but plan to buy it so I can use it when I am planning an adventure.
Kconrad2k
The sections the book was divided into gave me some ideas for travel pieces that I might want to write. There a section on Places of Indulgence which include things like Champagne, France, Famed Chocolate Sites, and Česky Krumlove. It also includes Sexiest Lingerie Shops which I'll pass on. There is also a section on Places of Womanly Affirmation. I was surprised to see Belly Dancing in Austin, Texas listed! The recommended reading at the end of suggested site looks like something I might follow ...more
Intplibrarian
So much potential lost

Great idea; poor platform

Would have been great as, perhaps, a wiki, a website

Why recommend places where women cannot travel without a male companion?? NO advice on how safe a locale is for women, in particular.

Sometimes a chapter is a place, sometimes it's a "genre" -- confusing

Sometimes the "woman" connection is totally missing. It's just a recommended place to travel.

And the index is useless on the e-book. A list of words. No page numbers, no links.

OTOH, I DO think this w
Cassandra Spencer
For a World Traveler Confirmed Too Many Stereotypes.

I have visited almost as many places as the author and have done some in depth exploration. During my travels I have discovered that meeting the people and going back to the basics is the most powerful way to connect with others. This books seems to be a stretch and narrowly defines what it means to be a female traveller. The only items I found interesting were the tips on safe travel. Really disappointing.
Molly
I read this along with my daily morning readings - loads of places I would love to go and quite a few I wouldn't and many to which I've already been - and if time and money allowed - I'd return. I liked the final chapter - Visiting the Motherland - encouraging each of us to explore the land from which our immigrant ancestors began their journeys. Back to Ireland, then to Scotland and England and Tasmania and who knows where else - sign me up!
Angie
I am not all the way finished with this book but I am enjoying getting through it slowly. Not exactly what I had in mind but it has a lot of good information and history of places to visit all over the world- and it should really apply to any kind of woman, there are sections that suggest places to get pampered and also places to have grand adventures!
Kathy
I definitely took notes as I went through this book as there are some places within places that intrigued me (especially the places of indulgence). Unfortunately, just like all travel guides tend to do, it has become dated in several places. The author and I have the same taste in travelling, I'd say! Time for a new edition though!
Joan
I browsed this one and would call it places women COULD visit. There are certainly several that I have no interest in: Rawanda, Iran, Skydiving and bungee-jumping. The short articles were interesting and informative. Note to travel partners: Clare Island, Ireland.
Nicole Kapise-Perkins
I thought this would be a collection of travel essays, and it's actually more of a guidebook, but it was still a great read, and made me wish I had the resources to travel to oh, pretty much everywhere. Croatia, anyone?
Lynn Sherman
At first I thought this book was a waste. The more I read the more I enjoyed it. There were so many ideas of thing to do and see. Even if you can't go to the exact place, the book had great ideas for travel.
Laura-nassidesa Eschbaugh
I could not resist the temptation, there is entries for sexist shops, famous women writers and their creative nooks, places of indulgence to name a few. This will be one of my daily reads.
This was an interesting perspective on travel based on what some women may want out of travel. I like the history bits on historical woman and some safety tips, etc.
Melanie Carver
This is a nice collection of travel spots for women. It fueled my imagination for places I'd like to visit someday. For now, I'll just be an armchair traveler!
Stephanie
I really liked this book. It spoke about places I never would have thought about going to. I liked how the author provided info about the diff. places like websites.
Dana
After reading "Around the Bloc" I was excited for this next author's book. Travel selections are good, but the list on travel "how to's" is disappointing.
K
Nov 11, 2007 K rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: travel
I immediately liked this so much, I put down the library copy to order one for myself.

It is very America-centric, but I still loved it!
Gail Fligstein
This book inspired me to start a wish list for vacations. San Cristobal de las Casas and Cuba stand out. Fun for a quick read.
Joan
Incredibly hokey, and not for the sophisticated traveler. I should have known just from the title!
Susan
Provides great ideas for travel -- inspires wanderlust.
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Maria Ana
Maria Ana marked it as to-read
Srinivas Muppaneni
Srinivas Muppaneni marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Marlen
Marlen marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
  • Wild Writing Women: Stories of World Travel
  • Sand in My Bra and Other Misadventures: Funny Women Write from the Road
  • Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Greatest Trips
  • 501 Must-Visit Destinations
  • The Rough Guide First-Time Around the World: A Trip Planner for the Ultimate Journey
  • Expat: Women's True Tales of Life Abroad
  • A Journey of One's Own: Uncommon Advice for the Independent Woman Traveler
  • Female Nomad and Friends: Tales of Breaking Free and Breaking Bread Around the World
  • Braving Home: Dispatches from the Underwater Town, the Lava-Side Inn, and Other Extreme Locales
Around the Bloc: My Life in Moscow, Beijing, and Havana Mexican Enough: My Life between the Borderlines The Best Women's Travel Writing 2010: True Stories from Around the World