Start by marking “Killer: An Alex Delaware Novel by Jonathan Kellerman -- Review” as Want to Read:
Killer: An Alex Delaware Novel by Jonathan Kellerman -- Review

Killer: An Alex Delaware Novel by Jonathan Kellerman -- Review

*Note: Our review is an accompaniment to Killer: An Alex Delaware Novel and not the novel itself. While it will greatly enhance your enjoyment and understanding of the book, it is not intended to stand in its place.*

Killer: An Alex Delaware Novel by Jonathan Kellerman, psychologist Dr. Alex Delaware, a consultant on custody cases, finds himself facing a threat from a disa
Published March 6th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Killer, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Eileen Moss
Sep 11, 2014 Eileen Moss rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy reading the Alex Delaware novels. Alex, after evaluating, Cherie determines she is a fit parent. Sister, Connie, is very unhappy that she looses the case to retain custody of Cherie's child. She arranges for Alex to be killed, but instead gets herself killed. Police believe that Cherie killed her sister, but Alex is determined to prove he innocent, which he does. A little twist to the ending and who actually is the murderer. Good read. Recommend to anyone who follows Alex Delaware ...more
Eve James
Jul 08, 2014 Eve James rated it really liked it
Alex Delaware is back and so is Milo. The explosive duo sets off on a quest to solve a murder. It seems Milo has his mind made up, but Alex is not so sure. Alex is smart, witty and always willing to go with his gut, Milo is more reserved, likes things a certain way, and loves solving cases as much as he loves good food. Fast paced, action packed, this is a good read. Highly recommended to anyone who likes a good mystery with a twist.
Steve Chaput
Sep 12, 2016 Steve Chaput rated it really liked it
One of my favorite mystery series and always well worth it. For me it's more about the relationship and banter between Dr. Alex Delaware and police detective Lt. Milo Sturgis than it is whatever murder or mayhem they are investigating.

This time out Alex is asked to evaluate the parties in a child custody dispute between sisters. When it doesn't go the way one of them likes she decides to hire a hitman to take out the person she holds responsible, namely Dr. Delaware. Fortunately, for Alex a form
Aloha
Mar 25, 2015 Aloha rated it really liked it
4.5/5 ***s

KELLERMAN' s latest thriller, KILLER, is one you won't want to miss. Alex Delaware, psychological consultant to the LA area police forces and court system, is called in to give his professional opinion on an odd custody case. Sisters Bree and Connie are fighting for custody of baby Rambla. Connie, having offered to care for the baby as she encouraged (and paid for) her younger sister to take a once-in-a-lifetime vacation, now claims Bree abandoned the baby. Not having put her career on
Trish Jackson
Sep 04, 2014 Trish Jackson rated it really liked it
This one of Kellerman's stories featuring psychoanalyst Alex Delaware. I've read a few of the others and I like the character.

Alex is asked to provide an expert opinion about a young woman named Cherie, whose sister, Connie, is suing for custody of Cherie's child and accusing Cherie of being an incompetent mother. Alex visits Cherie's home and finds nothing to indicate that she is a bad mother. The child appears to be happy and healthy.

When Connie loses the case because of Alex's testimony, she
Jill Manske
Jun 28, 2014 Jill Manske rated it it was amazing
One of the things I like best about Jonathan Kellerman is that his books never disappoint. Each one is thoughtfully outlined and written, with crisp writing and characters that spring to life. He's a master at weaving the story and providing some clues, but never enough that you can completely figure it out. I thought I knew what was really going on, but was way off. From the first line, the book grabs you and makes it nearly impossible to stop reading. I love how Alex Delaware has grown and ...more
Susan Obryan
Dec 16, 2015 Susan Obryan rated it really liked it
Jonathan Kellerman has rewarded Alex Delaware fans with another hit. This time the crime-solving hero tackles child custody between a former hippie and her controlling sister. The rich, but socially awkward sister has been found murdered, so the race to solve the whodunit begins. Was it the baby's mother who left her daughter in her sister's company while she "toured" with a decaying rock band? Was the baby's unknown father? Or was it someone with a grudge against the victim? Kellerman keeps ...more
Joanne
Jun 05, 2014 Joanne rated it really liked it
Another excellent Alex Delaware mystery. Always well-written, this one was really good. I didn't see the solution coming until it was there, and the denouement was excellent. I like the fact that the characters were well-rounded, perhaps with the exception of the perpetrators, who were a bit one-dimensional.
The fact that I could feel empathy and sadness for a gangbanger like Efren showed Kellerman's ability to make characters real. A very good read.
Nel
May 23, 2014 Nel rated it really liked it
Good storyline but a little too much non-essential dialogue. I listened to this book on CD. The narrator is a man but when he has to talk like a woman, he just sounds ridiculous. He does the voice for Milo Sturgis well and for Alex also, but the women..... ugh!
Sandy
May 02, 2014 Sandy rated it really liked it
Dr. Delaware fans will not be disappointed. Kellerman has not lost his touch in writing a fast paced mystery. The ending comes a little out of right field but still good.
Dianne Landry
May 29, 2014 Dianne Landry rated it really liked it
I don;t know how many Alex Delaware novels there are but as long as Jonathan Kellerman wants to write about him I will keep reading them.
Liz
Jun 10, 2014 Liz rated it really liked it
It was an interesting story. I always enjoy reading details about the characters, and Kellerman does a great job of providing those.
Cathy
May 25, 2014 Cathy rated it liked it
Not my favorite in the series, but never sorry that I've read the latest I. This series unlike series by other writers.
Erika
Aug 12, 2014 Erika rated it it was amazing
I've been reading Mr. Kellerman's books for years and I so appreciate how reliable his stories are. I can always count on him to tell a good tale well. This one is no exception!
Lea
Aug 15, 2014 Lea rated it really liked it
I really like Kellerman's characters and appreciate the psychological insights. What I find annoying are his solutions that sometimes seem to really come out of left field.
Mam
Sep 24, 2014 Mam rated it really liked it
More like 4 1/2 - Jonathan Keller does NOT disappoint, and this book is as good as the other Alex Delaware novels I've read.
Herb
Aug 23, 2014 Herb rated it liked it
The was my first Kelllerman book. Will read more. Guessed the culprit half way through. Only merits 3 stars, but do recommend reading. Quick read.
Jewett
Jan 28, 2015 Jewett rated it really liked it
Differnt but still one of his best. This goes deeper into child custody than some of the series, but Alex and Milo do their usual great stuff and Cheri is likable if different character.
Thomas
Thomas rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Jamie Powell
Jamie Powell rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2014
Laure Richardson
Laure Richardson rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2015
Fc Luffey
Fc Luffey rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Pixie Haugen
Pixie Haugen rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2014
Tony Merlo
Tony Merlo rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Chere Lee
Chere Lee rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Charlene C
Charlene C rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Terri Gibbons
Terri Gibbons rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2014
Linda Dubin
Linda Dubin rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2014
Dee
Dee rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • What You See (Jesse Watson Mysteries, #1)
  • Whiskey Island (Milan Jacovich #16)
  • The Ritual Bath / Sacred and Profane (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #1-2)
  • Vineyard Prey (Martha's Vineyard Mystery #16)
  • No Safe Haven
  • The Tarnished Eye
  • Breaking Free
  • Sycamore Row: by John Grisham -- Analysis
  • Sullivan's Evidence (Carolyn Sullivan, #3)
  • Buried Alive (Carson Ryder, #7)
  • Stolen in the Night
  • The Killing Moon: A Novel
  • Blackout
  • Sunstroke
  • The Refuge (Maxie and Stretch, #3)
  • No Stone Unturned (Ellie Stone Mystery #2)
  • On The Grind (Shane Scully, #8)
  • The Blood Promise