Start by marking “Battle” as Want to Read:
Battle

Battle

A battle is fought by soldiers on the ground in a time of war. Or at least that’s what I used to think.

I’ve never had to fight for anything in my perfectly planned life, and I certainly never thought I’d have to fight for love.

I was wrong.

One wild, carefree night, and one stupid dare made me realize you can’t appreciate love until you’re forced to fight for it. I want the
237 pages
Published October 14th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Battle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battle

Sarah-Jane
Feb 21, 2015 Sarah-Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Battle. Holy. Wow.
Can anybody say 'New Book Boyfriend'? I certainly can. KJ Bell has a way of writing her men in just that right way that you absolutely adore them right from the very beginning. Battle was no different.

Battle is a broken man, right from a boy he was never wanted by his daddy. He doesn't know how to love and he doesn't believe love exists. Anything he has ever loved has been ripped away from him.
Faye. After reading about Faye for a while yo
Love N. Books
Feb 21, 2015 Love N. Books rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this one…. this one is very near and dear to my heart…. For so many reasons. Here are the top three though.

1.) KJ Bell. She is my girl. My sweets. My dear friend. But don’t worry. This review is 100% unbiased. Ha.

2.) Battle. This was my adopted baby. KJ Bell trusted me enough to loan me her birth baby for a few weeks to tweak, revise, play around with… in other words, she trusted me to edit her precious. To say I am honored, is an understatement.

3.) And Battle. This cover kills me. LITERALLY
Nic
Oct 14, 2014 Nic rated it it was amazing
HOT DAMN! Battle McCoy is one sexy HOT bull-ridin' cowboy you do not want to miss out on<3 <3 Brilliant story! Can't wait for you all to meet Faye and Battle.

When I first started Battle by K.J. Bell I thought it was going to be a book about some dirty talking, egotistical, sex-on-a-stick cowboy...Boy was I wrong. Battle McCoy is so much more than I gave him credit for. The story may be named after the main character, but is it? Could it be named for the struggle - the Battle - of two peop
Lisa
Oct 12, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Battle is about love and submission for love. Faye is a lovable person who wants the elusive Battle, but only for a fling right? Well he's an ass to her when they meet and she decides to suck it up and piss him off. It works their chemistry is love in the making. But according to Faye it's not love at first sight because both of them don't believe in that. But Battle decides he can only give her one night and she agrees. But what if one night wasn't enough for either of them? Battle tries to ...more
Babbling Chatter  Reads
I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this story. Battle McCoy and Faye Callahan’s story was heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time for me. They are total opposites that have issues in their life that keeps them from moving forward for a long time until that one spontaneous night of being together changed everything.

“I believe a couple can have an instant connection, but that’s not love. Love’s an emotion cultivated over time. It grows with trust, with every touch. Every sto
M A R I G O L D
Oct 25, 2014 M A R I G O L D rated it did not like it
Cheeseball Central. Not my vibe. I thought it was lame. DNF for me.
Jenn
Feb 21, 2015 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Life has a way of working out exactly as it’s supposed to.” “When you find him, Faye, never let him go.”
~ Grammy
“Love’s an emotion cultivated over time. It grows with trust, with every touch, every stolen glance, and every kiss, until eventually it consumes you.” ~ Faye

Faye Callahan had her entire life mapped out for her and she just went with it. She was miserable but according to her father “a good plan paved the way to a happy future.” She went to the school of his choice, got a job of hi
Three Chicks
Oct 22, 2014 Three Chicks rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
Review by Jen Hagen
Let me introduce you to my new book boyfriend, Battle McCoy. He is all kinds of sexy from his name to his swagger, and everything in between…or should I say “the middle?”

Faye is a self-proclaimed people pleaser. She has been in a long-term relationship with Wyatt, and he appears to have a commitment phobia, asking for several breaks but to keep it hush-hush from their parents. Both sets of parents expect them to marry and both sets of parents are hung up on what the
Lisa
Feb 21, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lisa by: The Reading Room Blog
I received a copy of this story for an honest review for The Reading Room Blog.

Generally I'm not into cowboy themed romances so going into Battle by KJ Bell I wasn't sure what I was jumping into. But there was just something about that cover that I couldn't resist (I wonder what that is...). I'm happy to report I found an original romance with two fully developed leads that had great spark and connection.

Faye Callahan has had her whole life laid out for her. Get the degree from the right school,
Lori ~ BF Bookies
Feb 21, 2015 Lori ~ BF Bookies rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I call DIBS on Battle McCoy! Okay, since I have officially claimed Battle, now let me talk about the story. This book was amazing! Days after I finished, I was still thinking about it – still processing it. At 22% I had to message the author and tell her how I felt about Battle. I told her I didn't just love him, I ‘LOVE LOVE’ him. ◄ big difference. I was consumed by him, intrigued by him, obsessed with him. This sexy character had me sneak-reading at work, and I told Ms. Bell that if I got into ...more
K3
Oct 14, 2014 K3 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!!
There is no amount of amour that can protect your heart from Battle..

And all it took was just four words....

I want the middle

Battle McCoy is a bull rider. A popular one at that with a reputation for loving and leaving the ladies. He has no room in his life for a relationship. He stays focused on his career and his family that is until he meets Faye.

Faye has always followed the rules to please everyone else, perfect. Her life has been planned out by her parents and even her boyfriend.
FMR Book Grind
Nov 04, 2014 FMR Book Grind rated it it was amazing
CRISTINA'S REVIEW - 5 Stars

This is my first book by KJ Bell and it definitely did not disappoint. The 5 stars read had me at “I want the middle” with a poignant
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
Faye Callahan has always followed the rules and allowed her father to map out her future. Smart and with a boyfriend loved by her parents, she wonders if there’s more out there for her, but she’s afraid of being alone.
After frequent “breaks” between her boyfriend Wyatt and her, Faye decides it’s time to finally let him go. Devastated and scared, she has her friends Marty and Ginger to help her get out of her funk.

Battle McCoy is a bull rider with an unfavorable reputation. His “love ‘em and lea
reading the sheets
Oct 15, 2014 reading the sheets rated it it was amazing
Battle is a bullrider hes focused on his career,he loves and leaves women he has no time or desire for relationships until he meets Faye.
Faye, she has had her whole life sorted out for her they all think they know whats best for her,but when she has her heart broken Faye decides to step out of her comfort zone.She accepts a dare which will change her life forever.
When Battle and Faye meet he realises she isn’t the usual type of woman he loves and leaves,they spend one night together in a deserte
Judy
Nov 09, 2014 Judy rated it really liked it
3.5 stars generously rounded up to 4 stars. This was a good story that probably could have been great if it had been written a little differently. Yes, I know, I'm not an author and you need to take a book like it's written, but I really liked Battle's character and the main female, Faye.

Battle was a bull rider who has sworn off love. Faye was a girl trying to find a new love after she has dumped her long time boyfriend and fiancé after he has asked for another "break" in their relationship. She
Talkbooks
Oct 11, 2015 Talkbooks rated it really liked it
Shelves: nsas-author, cowboy
~~*:Bethany's Review:*~~
Faye was burned by love and is out with the girls to kick back for the night never knowing that a bet would lead her to Battle...McCoy. The sexy bull rider she had an eight second “connection” with at the rodeo that day. She could not shake that look he gave her. She will also never shake the moment they shared in the field, but will the sexy guy with a reputation be able to give her the love she desires?

Battle doesn't allow love in his life. He doesn't feel he deserves i
Bethany
Sep 25, 2016 Bethany rated it really liked it
Shelves: cowboys

Battle doesn't allow love in his life. He doesn't feel he deserves it and it has hardly prov
Desiree Gorman -  A Love Affair With Books
"I want the middle."

Those four little words are the most powerful words in Battle McCoy's story. Everything about him can be summed up to the "middle" of a person's life.

KJ Bell has this uncanny ability of writing the douche-like sexy hero that we can't help but cheer for. Battle McCoy is exactly that. Convinced that he can't do love, he keeps himself at a distance from everyone who even attempts to get close.

When a chance encounter at the rodeo ring has Battle coming face-to-face with Faye, eig
Carla
Jan 12, 2016 Carla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great beginning, rushed ending

This book has great characters. I liked the angst built around Battle. I even liked his early attitude. The last several chapters felt rushed and odd to me, especially the revelation at 96%. I saw the tie coming earlier in the book but it was so briefly mentioned I'd forgotten. The explanation wasn't believable to me. The story of his family, that particular detail included, would've been known. There would be some kind of biographical info out there about Battle. I
Ria
Full Review to follow...
The ending was beautiful and I highly recommend this book to anyone that loves a great romance. Battle and Faye are perfect for each other watching them bond then fall in love was absolute magic. Well written, this love story will take you through a roller coaster of emotions. I instantly fell in love with these two cheering them on for an HEA. The side characters where absolutely perfect as well. All of their plots run concurrent with our main characters and it was lovel
Michele A.
Feb 21, 2015 Michele A. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Faye is pretty much a doormat when we are first introduced to her in this book. Her parents and her boyfriend Wyatt treat her like a little kid. Her father insists she needs a life plan and to stick with it and Wyatt insists that he needs a break in order to be ready to marry her. Faye meets Battle and finds herself in foreign territory by putting herself first. Battle has issues a mile wide and does not hold back from letting Faye know he has them. Faye puts herself out there for Battle, but ...more
Renee at Book Happiness
Oct 21, 2014 Renee at Book Happiness rated it it was amazing
I received this for an honest review. I have to say that this book just absolutely blew me away. The more I read from this author the more I fall in love with her work.
Battle is a rodeo star who has many responsibility's. Faye is the type of girl who has always done what was expected of her. Everything including staying with the man whop uses her as a doormat. NO MORE. Said boyfriend asks for a break and she takes this opportunity to do something for herself. Enter Battle McCoy (OH YES).
I love
Courtney {SmuttyBookLover}
Mar 17, 2015 Courtney {SmuttyBookLover} rated it really liked it
Sometimes you just need a sexy cowboy in your life & that was most definitely Battle McCoy for me!

4 "Go to war for me" Stars

This is a standalone novel & is completely in the heroine, Faye's, point of view. Faye is basically a total pushover in the beginning of the story, and it drive me nuts! She lets her parents, boyfriend & occasionally her friends, walk all over her. She always does what she's "supposed" to do & is never spontaneous. When she finally gets sick of her boyfrie
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
I so loved this story. It's a really enjoyable read. This author did a fantastic job with this story. The story flowed so well and the characters came across as real which I love. It's a really beautifully well written story that I inhaled in one sitting. The main characters Battle and Faye are brilliant. I also loved the secondary characters. They brought so much to this story.
I love stories bout hot Cowboys. This story is about a bull rider. Yes there are times you will be fanning yourself wh
Jennifer Mateo
Feb 21, 2015 Jennifer Mateo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! :)

This book was very good. I loved the story line the ups n downs of it. It isn't often u read a book that has good information tied into it the way this one does with autism. I don't like giving information on a story in the reviews so if u want details read the book. KJ Bell is an excellent writer n I love her books I recommend all her work.
Chanelle
Oct 15, 2014 Chanelle rated it it was ok
Started off quite promising but then just turned into one big cliché! I thought I had the twist all worked out though, but I didn't. Two stars because I finished it. I think my problem is I've read too much of this genre. Maybe I need to start reading something else.
Lauren Anne
Oct 29, 2014 Lauren Anne rated it really liked it
Sexy bull-riding cowboy, what's not to love. Battle McCoy, he's hot, he's sexy and he's broken. Faye is living the life that everyone else wants for her, but she's not happy. A sweet book, about pain, loss, love and faith to hold on.
Sara Luck
Feb 21, 2015 Sara Luck rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
Great job! I really enjoyed this book. I thought the big secret that came out at the end was a little too late in the game without much build up or resolution. Same with the Battle/Tucker argument...and the Tucker/Katie storyline. Other than that it was a good read.
Rina Smith
Feb 21, 2015 Rina Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First let me say that I love the cover! I really enjoyed this book. You had me hooked at thought of the bull riders!
Sara
Nov 03, 2014 Sara rated it really liked it
Sweet read that is just the right amount on anxiety mixed in with a hot cowboy. I enjoyed the story and was even surprised at the twist at the end!
  • Facing Me (Shaft on Tour, #2)
  • Flanked (Studs in Spurs #5)
  • Like Candy (Candy #1)
  • The Consequences (The Chronicles of Katrina, #4)
  • Temperance (The Arcanian Chronicles, #1)
  • Yes to Everything
  • Cash (The Henchmen MC, #2)
  • Always and Forever (Secrets of Shadow Hill, #1)
  • Losing Track (Living Heartwood, #2)
  • Breaking Shaun (Breaking Free, #2)
  • Strangers for the Night (For the Night, #1)
  • Breaking Brent (Roped, #2)
  • Loving You Always (The Bennetts #2)
  • Tension (By a Thread, #2)
  • Cooking For Cowboy
  • Before the Fall (Broken Angel, #3)
  • Devil's Frost (The Spellspinners of Melas County, #3)
  • The Return (Return to Me, #1)
K J Bell currently lives in California with her husband and three children. As a mother of three, when she’s not writing, she’s usually carting one of her children to their various activities.

She enjoys reading, and music, and is equally addicted to both.

Writing is a passion she simply can’t live without.

She loves hearing from her readers and can be found on various social media sites

More about K.J. Bell...