Start by marking “Christmas Lights: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Christmas Lights: A Novel

Christmas Lights: A Novel

In her previous work, Christine Pisera Naman has become well-known for sharing the small but inspiring lessons she has learned from the real-life struggles and triumphs of average people. Christmas Lights, Naman’s first work of fiction, evokes that same warmth and tenderness in stories set during the holiday season and centered on the lives of ordinary women.

In separate v
Published October 30th 2007 by Doubleday (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Lights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Lights

Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
In this heartwarming holiday novella, you will meet seven amazing woman all struggling in their own way to deal with something in their personal life. There is a chapter about each of these women and in the end it is pulled together beautifully. I enjoyed getting to know each of these women and came to care for them quickly. I most enjoyed Victoria's chapter and found myself laughing out loud a few times. If you are in the mood to be reminded what Christmas is really about, pick up this 4.5 star ...more
Anita
Oct 04, 2014 Anita rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, family
This entire story unfolds on Christmas Eve, and contains accounts from six daughters and their mother, as they prepare to come together for their annual traditional gathering. In each separate vignette, the reader is afforded a glimpse into a window of their lives. As we are called to be the light of the world, our family and friends light up ours too, as told in this book.
Sharon Huether
Dec 06, 2016 Sharon Huether rated it liked it
A heart felt story of how each family member embrases the true meaning of Christmas.
Casee Marie
Dec 05, 2012 Casee Marie rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2012
During the holidays we all become susceptible to the vexation that comes with the rush of the season. From the pressure of finding the perfect gift to the anxiety over gaining unwanted weight, countless nagging irritations try to work their way into our lives. But the season, when experienced with true and devoted holiday spirit, can be a magical time, and once in a while all we need is a friendly reminder to count our blessings. Christine Pisera Naman’s debut novel, Christmas Lights, serves as ...more
Candace
Dec 02, 2012 Candace rated it it was ok
I chose the perfect time of year to read Christine Pisera Naman's heartwarming book, Christmas Lights. Full of Christmas spirit and joy, Christmas Lights helped me remember the true meaning of Christmas, which does not include a million presents under the tree. Christmas Lights is a very quick read, at only 120 pages and will leave you immersed in holiday spirit when done.

Christmas Lights begins on Christmas Eve and is at first written from the point of view of Katherine, an older woman visiting
Tima
Oct 09, 2014 Tima rated it really liked it
Seven women tell their Christmas stories as they learn about having the Christmas spirit and sharing that magic with their friends and family. Each story is short, but heartwarming.

If you want to cry and laugh and feel the spirit of Christmas, this is the perfect novel to read. It is a tiny little book. But so much is packed into those little stories. The story at the end will tie everything together. The author is said to be award winning with her non-fiction, but this is her first work of fic
Mary Mack
Dec 30, 2014 Mary Mack rated it it was amazing
Each chapter is the story of one woman's life and the experiences she is encountering now as Christmas nears. Each chapter is a full story with in its own right and has a full ending. But in the last chapter of the book brings all the women together - you learn their connection and the hows and the whys that bind them together.
Extremely well written, all the characters are fully developed, a great book for Christmas or anytime. Inspirational and very positive without being mushy or sappy. I hig
Teena in Toronto
Nov 22, 2012 Teena in Toronto rated it liked it
We meet each of the seven women in a chapter of their own and get to know their unique situation. The last chapter is where they all come together and we see what their connection is.

There is quite a bit of talk about/with God ... the women are strong in their faith. Though I'm not religious at all, I didn't find that it was rammed down my throat.

This is a nice quick book to read, especially around the holiday season. It was just the right length. I enjoyed it.

Blog review post: http://www.teenai
Sharon Chance
Dec 09, 2012 Sharon Chance rated it it was amazing
Families and Christmas go together in this charming novel by Christine Pisera Naman.

I really enjoyed how the author interweaves all the vignettes with a little of a surprise twist at the end. The women of this book are strong characters, each with their own distinct voice and personality, and the feeling of warmth and love just radiate from each one's tale.

I highly recommend this wonderful holiday book.
Melinda
Dec 16, 2008 Melinda rated it liked it
This was a great book that focused on the true meaning of Christmas. It was enjoyable to delve into each of the 7 separate vignettes and discover how each woman dealt with her present dilemma. It was refreshing to read how all of them relied on their religious faith to buoy them through difficult or uncomfortable circumstances.
Judith
Jan 17, 2008 Judith rated it really liked it
Each of the first seven chapters of this poignant book introduces a different woman and some of the stresses of her life, both positive and negative. Their stories all tie together in a surprising and wonderful way in the final chapter. It was a quick, easy read, and reminded me to count my blessings.
Kristina
Dec 25, 2012 Kristina rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful quick holiday read. Each section contains a short story about 1 of 6 sisters with the final section describing their Christmas celebration as they all get together and celebrate the joy of a close-knit family.
Janell
Nov 30, 2011 Janell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
A wonderfully sappy Christmas book. In separate vignettes we meet several different women coping with various Christmas issues. In the end we discover that they are all sisters and all the stories come together. I wouldn't like it any other time of the year but it is perfect for christmas.
Dianna
Dec 12, 2009 Dianna rated it really liked it
I listened to this on cd, good reader, good author, good book. It's not terribly long, the cds were only 3 1/2 hours, with glimpses into the lives of 7 women at Christmas, that all come together in the end. Not really LDS, but full of faith and hope and love. I really enjoyed it.
Jessica
Dec 14, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it
I was looking for a true Christmas story, and while it had some religious undertones I'm not usually familiar reading, I thought it presented a touching Christmas story about what truly is important in our lives
Tammy Bierwagen
May 28, 2008 Tammy Bierwagen rated it it was ok
i liked how all the characters were connected but they didn't really come together until the end. the writing was a bit prosaic for my tastes, but listening to it helped me get through weeding the garden
Jane
Jan 01, 2015 Jane rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
I found this to be a great quick read. You get right into it and they all come together in the end. Heartwarming holiday read.
Suzanne
Oct 22, 2013 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
A delightful tale of Christmas Eve through the eyes of 7 women. It is a delight to see how the story connects at the end. A quick read (or listen).
Stephanie
Jan 03, 2011 Stephanie rated it did not like it
I couldn't even finish this book--it was along the lines of the Five People You Meet in Heaven, which I also hated. Too much sap and predictability, not enough plot.
Andi
Dec 25, 2008 Andi rated it it was ok
I picked this book up yesterday from the library on a whim. I was looking for a light, easy Christmas read. It was light. It was easy. And, it was a little too sticky sweet for my taste.
Brett
Sep 21, 2013 Brett rated it liked it
Shelves: 6th-book-project
Strong start, but then the stories became more predictable. Bonus points for ending the Lord's Prayer at the right place, though.
Jill
Jan 14, 2011 Jill rated it liked it
Shelves: book-club
Nice, quick read for December's book club. Who doesn't like a warm and fuzzy Christmas book? The recipe at the end was quite yummy!
Senica Evans
Senica Evans rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2012
Deb
Deb rated it it was ok
Dec 01, 2011
Vicki
Dec 14, 2013 Vicki rated it liked it
Mother and Daughters and their problems and traditions.
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Cindy Webster
Cindy Webster rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2012
Sabina Kelly
Sabina Kelly rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
AnnMarie
AnnMarie rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2013