Start by marking “Broken (ShadowLight Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Broken (ShadowLight Saga, #2)

Broken (The ShadowLight Saga #2)

New to ShadowLight? Start with the free prequel, The Light Keepers. Check Mande Matthew’s Amazon page for direct links to download your free copy today.

From the #1 Bestselling Author comes Broken, Book 2 of the ShadowLight Saga:

It is the dawn of the Age of Silence--the age yet go come, the age that is feared, the age when silence pervades the lands.

Though heroes have bo
Published March 11th 2014 by Guardian Tree Press

To ask other readers questions about Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken

Mary
Mar 17, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing
I've waited a long time for this sequel and it was well worth the wait. Matthews does a fabulous job, once again, in bringing us into her imaginative world and creating a place that seems real to us, using the characters we became familiar with in the previous books. This time Astrid (Swan) and Hallad are fighting to keep the peace while evil forces are secretly trying to trip them up along the way. All of our regular favorites are brought back to the cast and each one has their own little ...more
Luisa
May 06, 2014 Luisa rated it really liked it
Well let's just say when it ended I was a little bit upset that there was nothing else to read and I'll have to wait for the next one! :)
It's just a really good sequence to the first book, which kept me hooked and wanting to know more.
A fast paced read, a lot of angst and doubt, a lot of trickery... Some of which was kind of obvious to me, but a lot of which wasn't, and fooled me right up until the very end! :)
The characters are also evolving, some for the better and some for the worse, but a lo
Veronica
Jun 27, 2014 Veronica rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful sequel to Bonded. I was unable to set my kindle down, until I had read it through to the end. I am usually pretty good an figuring out how a story will end, but I was unable to do that with this one. Mande will have you guessing until the end, and she will leaving you wanting book 3. Personally, I can't wait.
Book Ardour
May 14, 2014 Book Ardour rated it it was amazing
Mande Matthews has done it again! Broken, sequel to the brilliantly-written, Bonded was exactly what I have been waiting for. Surely, it is worth the long wait Mande has put her fans through. ;)

I first read Bonded, when I started blogging for the first time, Mande Matthews was one of the first Authors I had asked to do a guest-post on Starry-eyed Heart Reviews. She was also one of the Authors who inspired me, to continue blogging about books and giving me the confidence I needed. I remember fall
Connie Fogg-Bouchard
Jun 26, 2016 Connie Fogg-Bouchard rated it it was amazing
gods of light and dark

the Shadow has playing a horrible game with all the worlds. Ballard, Astrid, Emma and Erik are caught in an ancient feud that can save the world or destroy it. and the costs will be incalculable.
Natasha
Apr 11, 2015 Natasha rated it liked it
I thought this was the end

There were sentences where I was confused about which character was doing what but not very often. The story lagged somewhat in the middle but picked up at the end. I liked it enough that I want to know how it all finishes.
Alastar
Jul 25, 2014 Alastar rated it liked it
I was definitely not as impressed with the second book as I was the first. Of course a lot of that has to do with Eric. I find that he really does make the story a struggle to stay interested.
Trevis
May 11, 2015 Trevis rated it really liked it
Book 2 broken

Definitely worth a read . The character's are well written and will draw you in . A great adventure that keeps you wanting to read it.
Lynn
Sep 02, 2014 Lynn rated it it was amazing
If you like fantasy with a touch of romance and mystery this book is for you. A page turner, did not want to put it down.
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Andrea
Mar 21, 2014 Andrea rated it it was amazing
great series... you really get caught up in that world.
Shanna
Shanna rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Renata
Renata rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2015
Teresa
Teresa rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Marcelo B
Marcelo B rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2016
Les Kennedy
Les Kennedy rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2015
eric king
eric king rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Bill Peterson
Bill Peterson rated it really liked it
May 14, 2016
Ed Stanton
Ed Stanton rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2016
Dustman
Dustman rated it really liked it
May 17, 2015
Janis L. Louder
Janis L. Louder rated it really liked it
May 30, 2015
Rebecca  Cardenas
Rebecca Cardenas rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
Carolynn
Carolynn rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Winde Matthews
Winde Matthews rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2015
Bonni O'day
Bonni O'day rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2016
paula mckay
paula mckay rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Bruce Tucker
Bruce Tucker rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Anomaly of Blaze (The Fireblade Array, #3)
  • Broken Stone (Souls of the Stones, #3)
  • Fallen Embers (Alterra Histories #2)
  • Caprion's Wings (The Cat's Eye Chronicles #3.5)
  • Empyreal Fate
  • Wildwood (Moonlit, #3)
  • The Underground Witch (Incenaga, #2)
  • Vulture (The Ferryman + The Flame #3)
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • Blood of the King (Khirro's Journey, #1)
  • Witch Rising (Witch Song #2.5)
  • Beyond the Iron Gate: Zara's Journey (The Lost Kingdom of Fallada #0.5)
  • A Darkness at the Door (The Theft of Sunlight, #1)
  • Defiance (The Priestess Trilogy, #1)
  • The Golden Cage (A Dance of Dragons, #0.5)
  • Midwinter
  • Circle of Thieves (Legends of Dimmingwood, #3)
Mande Matthews is the author of the ShadowLight Saga. Her debut novel is "Bonded" - book one of the ya epic fantasy trilogy. A free prequel to the ShadowLight Saga, entitled "The LightKeepers" is now available for free at most online retailers.

While attending a performing arts college for writing and arranging, Mande discovered Joseph Cambell's Masks of God series. Her desire to understand humani
More about Mande Matthews...

The ShadowLight Saga (2 books)
  • Bonded (ShadowLight Saga, #1)

“When two are joined," continued the priestess, "One is not lost in the other. Two are not merged into one as most believe. Nei, these two souls come as equals, and each brings strength and individuality to grow as a whole. Oneness is not without the individual spirit. As these two join, they commit to nurture the individuality of one another that feeds the greater wholeness of the couple." Ase” 0 likes