Start by marking “Captain America: The Winter Soldier: The Secret Files: Junior Novelization” as Want to Read:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier: The Secret Files: Junior Novelization

Captain America: The Winter Soldier: The Secret Files: Junior Novelization

Steve Rogers, known to the world as Captain America, continues his affiliation with S.H.I.E.L.D. director Nick Fury and the Avengers. But Steve struggles to fit in the modern world, and now his past will come back to haunt him . . . Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier continues the big-screen adventures of Super-Soldier Captain America, as he battles with modern ...more
Published March 4th 2014 by Marvel Press

To ask other readers questions about Captain America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain America

Cait (Paper Fury)
Jan 25, 2015 Cait (Paper Fury) rated it did not like it
This was a complete waste of time. Sure I only spent 20 minutes reading the 100-pages but...blah. It was badly written. Sure it was just a re-write of the movie and I DON'T KNOW WHY I BOTHERED TRYING IT. But I'd never read a movie-to-book like this before I kiiiind of just wanted to have a go. (Plus it was a library book and I get tempted, okay?!) I just. No.

It was a 99% rewrite except, I think, Nick Fury didn't even fake-die. And um, well, it ended just after the FIRST showdown with Bucky. Buck
Madison
The only reason I picked this up was because I'm waiting for another audiobook to come in and now I remember why I never read movie novelizations. I've lost track of the number of times it's used the word "quickly" and it just replaced the word "hell" with "heck." This is both precious and terrible please save me.
Stacie
Oct 24, 2016 Stacie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun story of Steve and his adventures from past to future.
Silas
Sep 08, 2016 Silas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, it turns out this was a junior novelization. I downloaded the audiobook without much consideration, thinking it might be a separate story. I was wrong. It is a retelling of the first half of the Winter Soldier movie, rendered in minute detail. That said, for its intended audience, I think this would be a good book. It lets you either relive or get excited about the movie, and while it doesn't go all the way through the movie, it was a pretty long movie, and I would guess that there is a ...more
Lorie
Sep 08, 2016 Lorie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nky-clear
Closely following the action from the movie The Winter Soldier, this chapter book tells the story of Steve Rodgers as he returns to an America he is unfamiliar with and a new enemy that he must engage to end a plot that threatens the safety of the world.

Middle grade readers, 8-12 years of age, who are fans of Captain America and Marvel Comics will like this chapter book story version of the movie. It is told as a series of case files and includes a section of color photographs from the movie and
Sarah Scarlett
Jun 20, 2016 Sarah Scarlett rated it did not like it
To: S.H.I.L.E.D. Agent Sitwell
From: Bobbi Morse
Subject: Full report of briefings.

The briefings were not quite spot on. There was a lot of details missing and wrong facts.
You left out the part were you and Alexander Pierce got killed because of your treachery to S.H.I.E.L.D. You left out the part were Cap goes to visit Peggy, you left out the whole helicarrier battle and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more.
And since when does Black Widow randomly wear a black wig for no reason?!?!?!
Okay lets just say
Ben
Jan 11, 2015 Ben rated it it was ok
Shelves: audible
Rather poorly written at times unfortunately. I was hoping for more background info from between the movie scenes rather than just less-apt descriptions of exact movie scenes and dialogue that wasn't as well written as the actual movie. I got it for a dollar, but honestly you're better off spending that dollar redboxing the movie.
Russell
Sep 08, 2016 Russell rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
About 1/3rd of the movie, faithfully reproduced, and then suddenly a janky, hastily thrown together ending, that cuts out the most exciting parts of the movie and entirely alters the original story.
James
Sep 08, 2016 James rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mcu, captain-america
This was a well-written junior novel, and despite only covering perhaps half of the movie, I enjoyed it.
Jarred M.
Apr 19, 2014 Jarred M. rated it did not like it
They totally ruined it the movie was epic but they ruined it by making this horrible book. THEY ENDED THE BOOK WHERE IN THE MOVIE WE WOULD HAVE AN HOUR AND 30 MINUTES LEFT OF IT, TELL ME I'M WRONG
Rhiannon Walker
Rhiannon Walker rated it liked it
Shelby Laterza
Shelby Laterza rated it really liked it
Christopher Wehner
Christopher Wehner rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2015
Alison
Alison rated it did not like it
Pete Watt
Pete Watt rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Brian Jeffreys
Brian Jeffreys rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Eldee
Eldee rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2014
Steven
Steven rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Athena G
Athena G rated it it was amazing
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Christy
Christy rated it liked it
Kai Plank
Kai Plank rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Krystal
Krystal rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Big J
Big J rated it did not like it
Jan 20, 2015
Zuleka Kok
Zuleka Kok rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Alice
Alice rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Mortimer Dennis
Mortimer Dennis rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2016
Coral
Coral rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Branden Russell
Branden Russell rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2014
Timmy Mitchell
Timmy Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2015