Start by marking “Beneath the Boss (Beneath the Boss, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beneath the Boss (Beneath the Boss, #1)

Beneath the Boss (Beneath the Boss #1)

Though Layla Grayson loves her job as a financial analyst, she never intended to let it consume her life. But her boss, billionaire Leighton Means, is nothing if not demanding, and Layla finds herself increasingly ensnared by his whims—and by the undeniable attraction she’s finding it harder and harder to suppress.

Layla knows she’s fighting a losing battle, so when a surp
Published March 5th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Beneath the Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath the Boss

Mspraise50
Mar 30, 2014 Mspraise50 rated it it was amazing
Layla and Leighton's story. I am enjoying the story so far 2 books in the series. However, I did not like the cliffhanger of book 2. After all the couple have been through to arrive at a place of trust and understanding, we get cut off with them confessing their love for each and because Leighton lied by omission Layla is walking away from the relationship!!!! All I can say is roll on book 3 because I cannot believe it ended this way.
Drea (LilyElement Reviews)
I have mixed feelings on this one. The writing is mechanically fine. But I didn’t connect with the character. Layla is a strong heroine, yet she’s managed to get herself in this nearly abusive job situation with Leighton (and his name annoyed the crap out of me, so that didn’t help the situation). No amount of money would persuade me to accept being treated the way he treats her. The fact that she allows it doesn’t mesh with the character that is initially painted. While there’s mention of Layla ...more
Thom Swennes
Jul 16, 2014 Thom Swennes rated it liked it
Shelves: free-e-book
A truism that is often stated is never judge a book by its cover. This same platitude applies for titles. When I first saw this book on Kindle my first thought was, Oh, one of those workplace domination stories where sex and passion runs so rampant there is no time left to make a living. Being an addicted reader I downloaded the book anywhere and to my surprise I was mistaken. Layla Grayson is the Senior Financial Analyst for Means Financial. A pretty impressive sounding title with a good salary ...more
Jennifer Hines
Apr 02, 2014 Jennifer Hines rated it liked it
There's nothing like a sexy erotic novella to pass a few minutes, but this one left me hesitant. Layla is a hard worker who has a growing crush on her longtime boss. Leighton's affections have been evolving toward Layla, he just didn't know their extent until she threatened to quit.

Talk about a wham, bam, thank you ma'am...well except for the thank you part. After pretty much taking advantage of Layla (without protection I might add) he dismisses her.

This does alternate between Layla and Leight
Peni
May 09, 2014 Peni rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 18+ and mature
A very short story, almost a prelude, to what I hope is much more in the following books. It has definitly gotten my attention with this beginning.

For so few pages there is a lot of information. Good job on the characterization. I have a solid idea where the relationship has stood til now and a general idea if where it may or may not be going.

At this point I don't recommend reading this story unless you already plan to read the next installment. Not for anyone 18+ and mature.

My only real gripe
Crystal
Apr 21, 2014 Crystal rated it really liked it
Short read.

Layla Grayson really loves her job and owes her boss Leighton Means a lot. He helped her when she had no one else to depend on. She is just feeling used by her boss who expects her to be there no matter what the time is. She is getting to where she doesn't enjoy her job as much as she did. To beat it all she feels a strong attraction to her boss.

One day she is talking to another man and she is having a great time talking to him. She doesn't know that Leighton is trying to buy his busi
Shaly
May 27, 2014 Shaly rated it really liked it
Shelves: lydia-rowan
Leighton: The boss, very cute, very bossy, always gets what he wants...super alpha sex on a stick...

Layla: A curvaceous African American employee who speaks her mind, doesn't take crap from anyone, desires her very sexy boss from a far but has no problem standing up to him when he tries talking down to her despite her attraction to him!

Very sexy read....ends on a cliffhanger but it is part of a three part series...
Cindy
Oct 01, 2015 Cindy rated it did not like it
Shelves: erotica
This book has great potential but it is just too short. I understand that the first book is just to get the reader interested and wanting more. The problem is, this book was so short I didn't get a chance to care about any of the characters or the plot. It did not leave me wanting to read the rest of the series to figure out what was going to happen; it just left me wondering what I just read.
Kathleen Downey
Apr 04, 2014 Kathleen Downey rated it liked it
Ok read

way to short. wanted more. The storyline could of been extended a lot more. The characters were good. The story could of Ben extended a lot more than what this author did.
Tangela
Sep 27, 2014 Tangela rated it really liked it
Loyalty

This book is about a full figure woman who was in love with her billionaire boss. He has been there through a lot of things in her life. She has this deep dark fantasy about being with him. He has control over her she cannot figure out why. However she enjoys it.
Esther
Jul 31, 2014 Esther rated it it was amazing
I have read some erotic lit before, but this one was just «perfect». The characters, the tension, the heat, the passion and even the right words. Not at all volgeur but sensual and secksy.
Can not wait for part 2
djdavis~*Sivad*Sex Pocket
This would receive more stars if it were longer, but I refuse. On the other hand I love the angle of the story and the chemistry between Leighton and Layla. The sparks fly in this book; so much so that I immediately went to buy the second book.

Happy readings.
Jeanna-Has Probably Read It!
This was definitely a cliffhanger in the end, which is funny to me because I knew that it was a short read. But overall, the book was good. The thing that killed me was that she didn't like him bossing her around but it was ok to take the cookie. Lol very interesting. Going to finish this series.
Keishua
Apr 04, 2014 Keishua rated it it was amazing
Good

I love the book. I hope Layla will reconsider and stay with Leighton and his company. I guess I'll find out in book two.
Valerie
Jun 05, 2014 Valerie rated it really liked it
Shelves: interracial-read
I like the book..and it was freebie!!! I went out and got books 2 and 3 and enjoyed them just as much as book one.
Sónia Tigol
This was a really good book.
The plot was amazing and the characters are awesome.
This was a really good short story.
TravelingGal
TravelingGal rated it it was ok
May 12, 2014
Suzannepayne08
Suzannepayne08 rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2014
Cheryl Clark
Cheryl Clark rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Kim White
Kim White rated it it was ok
May 26, 2014
Jess
Jess rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Marylee
Marylee rated it it was ok
May 26, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2016
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2014
Ellen
Ellen rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2015
Nenee
Nenee rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2014
Kelly Butkovich
Kelly Butkovich rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2014
Daniella
Daniella rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Candy Julien
Candy Julien rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Dating the White Billionaire (The White Billionaire #1)
  • Holiday Hell
  • Prelude To A Seduction
  • Prey (Pride Riders #1)
  • The Virgin Chronicles
  • Love in the Office
  • The Arrangement (Hot Latin Men #1)
  • After the Storm
  • A Piece of Me
  • Strollers & Stilettos (In Stilettos, #4)
  • Dirty Business
  • Grey (Storm's Soldiers MC Book 2)
  • Her Russian Beast: 50 Loving States, New Mexico
  • Tempting a Wolf
  • Release (Sweet Savagery, #1)
  • Dating The White Wolf (The White Wolf #1)
  • Jack & Diane
  • That's What Friends Are For

Beneath the Boss (3 books)
  • Beneath the Boss (Beneath the Boss, #2)
  • Beneath the Boss (Beneath the Boss, #3)