Start by marking “Within Reach” as Want to Read:
Within Reach

Within Reach

Within Reach is the contemporary fiction story of Emma, a woman coming to terms with her mother’s increasing dementia and the everyday challenges associated with it.

While serving as caregiver for her mother, she inexplicably finds herself ‘re-living’ specific events from her past, including times spent with her parents when she was a child. She soon wonders if her own sani
ebook
Published February 23rd 2014 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Within Reach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Within Reach

Jenny Twist
May 30, 2014 Jenny Twist rated it it was amazing
I was delighted with this short story.
It is an unexpectedly moving tale about a daughter trying to come to terms with losing her mother, who is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. Emma helplessly watches as her mother’s personality gradually disintegrates. But suddenly things take a ‘Twilight Zone’ turn.
I’m not going to tell you what happens next for fear of spoiling it for you. Suffice to say it touches on time travel and magic.
This is a story not just for those who like to have their emotions
Sheri
Mar 21, 2015 Sheri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Within Reach by Jill Bisker

Emma is accepting and facing her mother’s dementia. Everyday day becomes a challenge for Emma and her Mother. Emma finds herself reminiscing of her past and the time spent with her Mother before her Dementia.

Emma soon wonders if her own sanity is slipping. She feels the need to understand her visions (from her past). It Seems only her Mother can help her, but will she be able to with her deteriorating mind.

A fascinating and touching story of a daughters love for her ai
Jody Vitek
Sep 17, 2014 Jody Vitek rated it it was amazing
Within Reach is a very moving and touching story about Emma and the relationship she has with her mother who is suffering with dementia. When Emma finds a special box her father carved with a seashell from her childhood inside, something happens and questions arise that she wants to ask her mother. Questions go unasked and when a small agate replaces the shell, she questions her own sanity.
Within Reach is a short, fast, fulfilling story I recommend everyone reads. The ending will have you lookin
Nancy Pennick
Apr 17, 2014 Nancy Pennick rated it it was amazing
Within Reach is a poignant, relevant shot story. Many families are struggling with older family members facing dementia and Ms. Bisker handles it with care and realism. If you ever been through this with a loved one, it will bring tears to your eyes. Even if you haven’t, the story will touch your heart. I enjoyed the touch of fantasy in the story and how it helped Emma come to terms with her mother’s eventual passing.
Erin Elliott
Apr 15, 2014 Erin Elliott rated it it was amazing
Within Reach is a wonderful short tale that gives the reader the inside view to a daughter’s last days with her mom whose mind is slipping away. This book pointed out to me how important everyday moments are and how I shouldn’t let a single one slide by without preserving it in a lifetime of memories to cherish! The perfect read for a rainy afternoon!
Charmaine Pauls
Apr 13, 2015 Charmaine Pauls rated it it was amazing
This is the moving story of a daughter who has to deal with her mother's dementia. Slowly, Emma's mother is disappearing in front of her eyes. In only a few pages we feel like we really know the characters, and what they are going through. It is a well-written story of not only sadness, but also of hope, and of the beauty and curing quality of love.
Joanne Rawson
Jun 08, 2014 Joanne Rawson rated it it was amazing
Get the paper tissues ready! I just loved Jill’ moving contemporary fiction short story, of a daughter coming to terms with her mother’s dementia.
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Apr 30, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
S
S marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Mary Nipper
Mary Nipper marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
I write non-fiction, paranormal, and fantasy. I love to connect with other readers to discuss the craft of writing and world building, so feel free to friend me.
More about Jill Bisker...