Start by marking “Parasite Deep” as Want to Read:
Parasite Deep

Parasite Deep

Something is very wrong with the creatures of the deep. Their bodies encrusted with strange barnacles, the shells opening and closing like clicking, winking eyes. Black tentacles flail out of them, scooping the meat from their prey. The host, be it a whale or a shark or a dolphin or a tuna...or a human, become mad once infested, the only thing on their mind… tearing any ...more
Published 2014 by Severed Press

To ask other readers questions about Parasite Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parasite Deep

Kimberly
Aug 06, 2014 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Fun, gory beach fun! Creatures that remind me of something H.P. Lovecraft would dream up, combined with "reanimated" ocean life and other surprises created by Shane McKenzie. I've only read a few of Shane's books to date, but he has a style that I find horrifically compelling, and definitely plan on picking up some more!

Recommended!
Karl
This is copy V of 36 signed and lettered copies, signed by Shane McKenzie.
Paris Chávez
Mar 15, 2014 Paris Chávez rated it really liked it
I liked it, quick read, disgusting, body horror, ocean horror, and just a -touch- of zombie. Excellent read for a bus commute. Recommended!
Noigeloverlord
May 01, 2014 Noigeloverlord rated it it was amazing
A great original story that you never know where it's gonna go. Shane brings on the sick and twisted like no one else!
Dave Pope
Feb 16, 2015 Dave Pope rated it it was amazing
This was a fun, intense, insane read. Very good escapism that suffers only due to the fact that it was over rather quickly. I love deep sea mayhem stories but I have found that this specific genre of story has gotten quite tired due to the fact that many authors follow the same old tired recipe. Mr. McKenzie stands that recipe on its head and does things a little differently with this story and he keeps his foot on the accelerator throughout. Brilliant but just a little too short.
Dustin
Apr 12, 2014 Dustin rated it it was amazing
Parasite Deep is a messed up ride to the worst place in the ocean to be. Killer ocean creatures and psychotic "people" wreak havoc all over this book. Not for the squeamish!!!!!!! There is a lot of swearing, but in this case I found it appropriate for the characters. This would make a good horror movie, key word there is horror. A sequel would be cool, too. Hear me Shane McKenzie???
Amanda
May 11, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it
I loved the way that this book was as much a story about family and how messed up it can be, and how friends can be just as important as family. This story line fit perfectly with the horror occurring in the sea, and to be honest it allowed the author to show that the brother was as much of a monster, if not more, as the actual parasites in the story. This book would make a great film.
Andrew Rose
May 27, 2014 Andrew Rose rated it liked it
Zombie Seas

An outbreak driven by ocean currents coincides with a man gone mad and determined to destroy his own family. There are parts that still need editing and the language is pretty salty. That combined with the fairly unsavory characters and the lack of a real ending left me flat. There were serious possibilities here I didn't think were taken advantage of.
Patricia Ward
Oct 21, 2014 Patricia Ward rated it it was amazing
Awesome

great read, could not put it down. one of those books you don't want to end. jaws is as scary as a goldfish compared to this adventure. love this guy!!!
Justin
Jun 27, 2015 Justin rated it liked it
Shelves: lendable
A decent read but for the most part it bored me. It was well written with great characters and that was enough to keep me reading even though I didn't really care much did the actual story.
Kyle Michael Feezor
Jan 11, 2015 Kyle Michael Feezor rated it really liked it
Ocean Thriller

Well this book is an oceanic the Thing homage. It is an interesting short story albeit a bit crude. The story is quite gruesome and nihilistic.
Tammye Major
Tammye Major rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Brian Walker
Brian Walker rated it liked it
May 17, 2014
Ekel Adolf
Ekel Adolf rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Carnie Frizzell
Carnie Frizzell rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2016
Maike
Maike rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2016
Gary B. Holmes
Gary B. Holmes rated it liked it
May 24, 2014
Brian Mcclain
Brian Mcclain rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Andres
Andres rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2015
neal faulkner
neal faulkner rated it did not like it
Oct 02, 2015
Brendon Fussnecker
Brendon Fussnecker rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2014
Alissa Morris
Alissa Morris rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
Joe Peterson
Joe Peterson rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2014
Jack Thompson
Jack Thompson rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2014
Darren Denton
Darren Denton rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2016
A Brown
A Brown rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2016
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016