Start by marking “Murder at the B-School” as Want to Read:
Murder at the B-School

Murder at the B-School

2.91 of 5 stars 2.91  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Now in paperback--Cruikshank's riveting debut novel that probes murder, pretension, and conspiracy in the halls of Harvard University's famed graduate program.
Published September 1st 2005 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Murder at the B-School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder at the B-School

Partridge Public
curlshank,jeffery
Martin
Though I've never read a Cozy mystery, this book seems like one. The chief perpetrator is dismissed out of hand early in the investigation with little if any justification. Then the murderer is found out in the last 10 pages and there was no early warning about him at all. All the characters are nice to each other too. The story is pretty well written until the ending. The only disagreement with the ending is it wrapped up all too easily with no real warning. Three stars is a tepid recommendatio ...more
Alannah Davis
I love mysteries with academic settings, and I love anything at all with a Boston setting. So this book promised a double bonus for me. I wasn't disappointed!

Professor Wim Vermeer teaches first-year finance at the Harvard Business School. He knows he's not dynamic enough for tenure and has been attempting to find a position elsewhere. When handsome young student Eric MacInnes drowns in a hot tub there, Vermeer's attention is moved from job-hunting to being recruited to placate the powerful MacIn
Rachael
A quick little murder mystery. Rather predictable for the most part, but not a bad read. It almost seemed the that author wanted to throw you off the trail, but didn't really want you to fall for it. There were a few things that were not quite wrapped up that I would have liked, but it didn't leave the story unfinished.
Dawn Tutt
A decent mystery, not hugely suspensful. I prefer my mysteries to give me several suspects to ponder on as to who actually dun-it, this didn't do that, the "butler" was there all along but aside from being an annoying kind of character never did or said anything that made me even suspect. Then there was the revealing bit of information and then we were headed to the resolution of the story. By the way, as an aside to the writers of the world, it is okay to write a story where your two lead chara ...more
Jennifer Morefield
Enjoyed it. The ending was a bit confusing, and I daresay, confusing but over all was a good story.
Mom
Liked how he was trying to help the MacInnes family, only to find out everyone thought they were lovers.
He was surprised at that. He did like to solve the question of who was setting him up.
Good thing he had the detective following him. She helped him out of trouble.
They were given the $2million dollars to split.
But he was given half the money for finding who killed the MacInnes' son. He definitely was not going back to Harvard to teach.
Lauren
Fun, but predictable.
Tristy
This fell into my lap, along with a boatload of other murder mysteries, most of which I tossed aside immediately, but this one kept me reading, mostly for the very interesting female detective character Captain Brouillard. The rest of the characters were kind of the same old characters you always find in these "airport mysteries," but the tough detective character was refreshing and interesting.
Jan 01, 2009 Laura rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Laura by: Grandma
This was a good story and certainly an interesting plot. Some of the characters were ones that I could understand but others just didn't seem to have enough life which made me not like this book as much as I probably could have. It really didn't start to get interesting until near the end - I think the beginning was much too slow.
Khrystie
Jun 01, 2008 Khrystie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: maybe
This book was not bad. There were some very interesting parts that left you hanging til the end. It was about the murder of a rich kid and about his family. There was a professor that was trying to help solve the murder and he was working with the lead cop. Parts of the book were kinda slow.
Lesley
I'm giving this 3 stars with reservation, would give 2.5 stars if I could, because of the hohum start. I'm a sucker for books with academic settings, but this one didn't do much to describe Harvard. The story picked up though, with a satisfying-enough ending.
Glenda L
Could someone have actually committed murder inside the hallowed Harvard Business School? And is there another murder on the way? The author takes you behind the doors of a place rarely depicted in fiction. The world of academia really is interesting.
Kenette H.
Just touched the last page of this book and I have to say that i really enjoyed it. I would tell others to take the time to read it
Katie Boggs
I never got fully invested in the characters or the plot, and the denouement seemed contrived.
MissJessie
I found the beginning of the book to be so dull that in the end, I gave it up. Donate pile for me.
Judith Guyot
Interesting twist on the usual murder tale.
Meredith
Shameless plug for my dad :)
Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Karen Loredo
Karen Loredo marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
ChrisGA
ChrisGA marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Dennis
Dennis marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Elyn
Elyn marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Kathy
Kathy added it
Feb 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Apple Way The Man Who Sold America: The Amazing (but True!) Story of Albert D. Lasker and the Creation of the Advertising Century Breaking The Impasse: Consensual Approaches To Resolving Public Disputes Shaping The Waves: A History Of Entrepreneurship At Harvard Business School Herman Miller, Inc., Buildings And Beliefs