Start by marking “Meet Me at the Boardwalk” as Want to Read:
Meet Me at the Boardwalk

Meet Me at the Boardwalk

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  442 ratings  ·  27 reviews
A sweet and frothy ode to summer romance on the beach and on the boardwalk, as only hip and hilarious POOL BOYS author Erin Haft could write it!

Growing up in the resort town of Seashell Point, Jade, Megan, and Miles are best friends, and spend their summers working at the Clam Shack, making fun of the snooty summer people, and chilling on the boardwalk. But this summer, ev
Published May 1st 2008 by Point

To ask other readers questions about Meet Me at the Boardwalk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meet Me at the Boardwalk

The Host by Stephenie MeyerTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie Meyer
100 in 2009
142nd out of 162 books — 62 voters
The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy by Jenny HanThe Last Summer by Ann BrasharesThe Wedding by Nicholas SparksSticky Fingers by Niki BurnhamFlirting with Boys by Hailey Abbott
Summer Reading '12
17th out of 46 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Kim Smiley
Not THE GREATEST of books, but one you can crank out in a few hours type of read.

The book is written from the viewpoints of 3 major characters: Jade, whose father is going away for the summer to leave her in the capable hands of her sister Turquoise, (the names!). Megan, Jade's best friend who is beautiful, quiet and secretly in love with Miles. Miles: surfer dude who is best friends with Jade and Megan. Got into a surfing accident a year prior and is now afraid to surf and skateboards.

So these
Jennifer Bagazin
It's sad that I couldn't finish this book. It's maybe because the book I read before this is a deep one with life lessons and symbolism that when I read this book which is about beaches and boys and first kisses and young love, I just didn't feel like finishing it. Maybe once I'm in the mood for cheesy love stories then I'll probably pick this up again. But for now, just... no.
Marisa Markowski
The only reason I finished this book all the way through was to find out what happens to the boardwalk which was the main topic throughout the book, along with the very boring, predictable character development. I really just wanted some nostalgic boardwalk talk. However, in the end, you don't even find out what happens to the boardwalk for sure and I almost cried. Thanks for nothing.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

To a community like Seashell Point, the boardwalk means everything. It's the special meeting place for three best friends and the essential component to the town's posh resort status.

However, a man comes to town who wants to change all that.

And with the arrival of tourist season, other things also begin to change.

Jade and Miles have a secret from their other best friend, Megan. Megan begins to feel left out of their group due to her crush on Mil
Lesleigh
The local library is going to be getting a hefty book donation pretty soon... I didn't hold high hopes for this, but I got this in a box deal on ebay, and I figured I might as well try it before I chuck it. It wasn't necessarily a bad book, but the plot was cliché, the characters flat; it was forgettable and nothing I haven't read before.

Just your typical teenage, "Woo-Hoo, no parents for the whole summer, let's party and hook up with hot boys" kind of novel. Sigh...I'm getting too old for this.

This book was really good. It's about these three friends, Miles, Megan, and Jade and they grew up together. This summer is a big change because it is their last summer together, Jade has the house to herself, and the boardwalk might get torn down, and Megan has a big crush on Miles for years. There is a lot of dilemmas, in this book but I love how it ends!
Chelsea
Aug 10, 2009 Chelsea rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
This was a very enjoyable summer book. But as someone who lives in Maryland, the way Haft describes the fictional town of Seashell Point (a tourist town on the Eastern Shore), seems a little off base. However, the town is fictional, so what can you do? The dialogue was great and the storyline was predictable, but overall a nice, quick read.
Ashley Monette
This story was just okay. I really couldn't connect with either of the three main characters because the POV switched so much. The story was cute, but I think it was written for a crowd younger than I am. It wasn't that great of a summer read. It was very short and ended kind of abruptly.
Rebecca Campeau
I thought this book was overall pretty good, although the character development was poor and it felt like the story was rushed. There really was no climax. Just a series of events that end the story. And there was no suspense. I did enjoy the the tension between the eat friends though
Alicia
The stroy is told by 3 different viewpoints of 3 best friends, Jade, Megan and Miles. I felt that there should have been a prequel to this book. It felt like I jumped in the middle of the story.. good read, but felt like I started reading in the middle of the book.
Siew Ee
I think my elder daughter will like this book. Light, entertaining, brimming with friendship, puppy love and all. The strength that lies in this book is the author’s writing talent, which provided this simple story a veritable amount of credibility, humour and fun.
Nicole Echeto
this book was great i just finish the way they handle there friend ship is amazing and i was so relived that megan and miles got together i was about to have a heart attack haha :)
Prarthana
A very cute, quick read which deals with the dilema of liking your best friend, who likes someone else. A tangled web of likes and a problem dealing with a certain Boardwalk.
Olivia
Nothing deep or meaningful about this book, but it was still an okay read. No thinking involved. I liked the whole boardwalk atmosphere of it anyhow.
Molly
LOOKS GREAT AND IT IS SET AT A BEACH!! (BOARDWALK) I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! READ IT IN A DAY!!! GREAT AWESOME BOOK!!!
Stephanie Frugis
This book was definitely not the best... If you're looking to read a book with an actual ending don't pick this one
Kristen
I liked this a lot but it kind of made me mad at some parts, but still a very good read.
Erin
Cute but predictable. Enjoyable for me anyway, because I'm a boardwalk chick myself. :)
Marissa
Yet another cute summer young romance book. How can you not love them? =)
Ruth Ann
Cute summer read for teens written from three points of view.
Maddie
Cute YA story. Probably ok to lend to Sara.
Ali
read a long time ago, pretty sure it was good
it was predictable, but it was ok.
Rochelle
This book is great!!
Amanda P
interesting story!
Mihaela
Mihaela marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Meet me at the Boardwalk 1 3 Oct 16, 2011 08:06PM
  • Fireworks (Four Summer Stories)
  • Rich Boys (Island Summer, #2)
  • Boy Crazy
  • Slept Away
  • Robyn (Making a Splash, #1)
  • Kissing Snowflakes
  • Island Summer
  • Cruel Summer (Fast Girls, Hot Boys, #1)
  • Lost Summer
  • Tan Lines: Sand, Surf, and Secrets; Rays, Romance, and Rivalry; Beaches, Boys, and Betrayal
  • The Star Shack
  • The Lost Summer
  • What's Hot: (I Heart Bikinis)
  • All About Vee (Fat Girls in LA, #1)
Pool Boys A Kiss Between Friends (Love Stories For Young Adults, #22) Fireworks (Four Summer Stories) Ich lieb dich, ich lieb dich nicht. Sonderausgabe. (Ab 12 J.).