Start by marking “Meet Me at the Boardwalk” as Want to Read:
Meet Me at the Boardwalk

Meet Me at the Boardwalk

A sweet and frothy ode to summer romance on the beach and on the boardwalk, as only hip and hilarious POOL BOYS author Erin Haft could write it!

Growing up in the resort town of Seashell Point, Jade, Megan, and Miles are best friends, and spend their summers working at the Clam Shack, making fun of the snooty summer people, and chilling on the boardwalk. But this summer, ev
Published May 1st 2008 by Point

To ask other readers questions about Meet Me at the Boardwalk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meet Me at the Boardwalk

Haley *City Girl Appearance~Country Girl Heart*
Stuck at the library and found this book! Picked it up and finished it. It was okay but definitely not my favorite.
Apr 26, 2011 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
Kim Smiley
Aug 16, 2012 Kim Smiley rated it it was ok
Not THE GREATEST of books, but one you can crank out in a few hours type of read.

The book is written from the viewpoints of 3 major characters: Jade, whose father is going away for the summer to leave her in the capable hands of her sister Turquoise, (the names!). Megan, Jade's best friend who is beautiful, quiet and secretly in love with Miles. Miles: surfer dude who is best friends with Jade and Megan. Got into a surfing accident a year prior and is now afraid to surf and skateboards.

So these
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

To a community like Seashell Point, the boardwalk means everything. It's the special meeting place for three best friends and the essential component to the town's posh resort status.

However, a man comes to town who wants to change all that.

And with the arrival of tourist season, other things also begin to change.

Jade and Miles have a secret from their other best friend, Megan. Megan begins to feel left out of their group due to her crush on Mil
Lesleigh
The local library is going to be getting a hefty book donation pretty soon... I didn't hold high hopes for this, but I got this in a box deal on ebay, and I figured I might as well try it before I chuck it. It wasn't necessarily a bad book, but the plot was cliché, the characters flat; it was forgettable and nothing I haven't read before.

Just your typical teenage, "Woo-Hoo, no parents for the whole summer, let's party and hook up with hot boys" kind of novel. Sigh...I'm getting too old for this.
Jennifer Bagazin
It's sad that I couldn't finish this book. It's maybe because the book I read before this is a deep one with life lessons and symbolism that when I read this book which is about beaches and boys and first kisses and young love, I just didn't feel like finishing it. Maybe once I'm in the mood for cheesy love stories then I'll probably pick this up again. But for now, just... no.
Marisa Markowski
Jun 19, 2014 Marisa Markowski rated it it was ok
The only reason I finished this book all the way through was to find out what happens to the boardwalk which was the main topic throughout the book, along with the very boring, predictable character development. I really just wanted some nostalgic boardwalk talk. However, in the end, you don't even find out what happens to the boardwalk for sure and I almost cried. Thanks for nothing.
Jan 30, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing

This book was really good. It's about these three friends, Miles, Megan, and Jade and they grew up together. This summer is a big change because it is their last summer together, Jade has the house to herself, and the boardwalk might get torn down, and Megan has a big crush on Miles for years. There is a lot of dilemmas, in this book but I love how it ends!
Chelsea
Aug 10, 2009 Chelsea rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
This was a very enjoyable summer book. But as someone who lives in Maryland, the way Haft describes the fictional town of Seashell Point (a tourist town on the Eastern Shore), seems a little off base. However, the town is fictional, so what can you do? The dialogue was great and the storyline was predictable, but overall a nice, quick read.
Olivia Aaron
May 06, 2016 Olivia Aaron rated it liked it
Meet me at the Boardwalk by Erin Haft is a really good book once you get into it but it starts off kind of slow. The book has a lot of character and is worded well. The ending although was rough. It ended With the type of ending where you aren't exactly sure what happened but you have sort of an idea how the story would have ended if there was one. Other wise I really enjoyed the story.
Daniella Yadegar
Mar 03, 2016 Daniella Yadegar rated it really liked it
Meet me at the boardwalk by Erin Haft was very good. It is about a group of 3 friends who's town boardwalk and they do what it takes to save it. The book really showed what true friendship was. I could also relate to some of the characters including the main character. She is funny and she has a strong opinion. In all this was a good book
Rebecca
Sep 03, 2014 Rebecca rated it really liked it
I thought this book was overall pretty good, although the character development was poor and it felt like the story was rushed. There really was no climax. Just a series of events that end the story. And there was no suspense. I did enjoy the the tension between the eat friends though
Ashley Monette
Jun 23, 2013 Ashley Monette rated it it was ok
This story was just okay. I really couldn't connect with either of the three main characters because the POV switched so much. The story was cute, but I think it was written for a crowd younger than I am. It wasn't that great of a summer read. It was very short and ended kind of abruptly.
Siew Ee
Feb 07, 2013 Siew Ee rated it really liked it
I think my elder daughter will like this book. Light, entertaining, brimming with friendship, puppy love and all. The strength that lies in this book is the author’s writing talent, which provided this simple story a veritable amount of credibility, humour and fun.
Alicia
Dec 31, 2008 Alicia rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
The stroy is told by 3 different viewpoints of 3 best friends, Jade, Megan and Miles. I felt that there should have been a prequel to this book. It felt like I jumped in the middle of the story.. good read, but felt like I started reading in the middle of the book.
Prarthana
Aug 01, 2008 Prarthana rated it really liked it
A very cute, quick read which deals with the dilema of liking your best friend, who likes someone else. A tangled web of likes and a problem dealing with a certain Boardwalk.
Stephanie Frugis Foti
This book was definitely not the best... If you're looking to read a book with an actual ending don't pick this one
Molly
Feb 26, 2010 Molly rated it it was amazing
LOOKS GREAT AND IT IS SET AT A BEACH!! (BOARDWALK) I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! READ IT IN A DAY!!! GREAT AWESOME BOOK!!!
Nicole Echeto
Sep 26, 2009 Nicole Echeto rated it it was amazing
this book was great i just finish the way they handle there friend ship is amazing and i was so relived that megan and miles got together i was about to have a heart attack haha :)
Olivia
Sep 24, 2013 Olivia rated it it was ok
Nothing deep or meaningful about this book, but it was still an okay read. No thinking involved. I liked the whole boardwalk atmosphere of it anyhow.
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2008
Aprilneojf
Aprilneojf rated it liked it
May 14, 2011
Emm
Emm rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2012
Emilie Dougherty
Emilie Dougherty rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2012
Very_berry_sarahhotmail.com
Very_berry_sarahhotmail.com rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2013
Cayla
Cayla rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2014
Allison Brooke
Allison Brooke rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2011
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2010
Nicole Carey
Nicole Carey rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Meet me at the Boardwalk 1 3 Oct 16, 2011 08:06PM
  • Fireworks (Four Summer Stories)
  • Summer Girls (Summer Girls, #1)
  • Rich Boys (Island Summer, #2)
  • Slept Away
  • Robyn (Making a Splash, #1)
  • Lost Summer
  • The Star Shack
  • Cruel Summer (Fast Girls, Hot Boys, #1)
  • Island Summer
  • Kissing Snowflakes
  • Tan Lines: Sand, Surf, and Secrets / Rays, Romance, and Rivalry / Beaches, Boys, and Betrayal (Summer, #5-7)
  • Swoon at Your Own Risk
  • A & L Do Summer
  • Forever Summer (Laguna Cove & Cruel Summer)
  • All About Vee (Fat Girls in LA, #1)