Start by marking “The Lumberfox (Geekrotica, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lumberfox (Geekrotica, #1)

The Lumberfox (Geekrotica #1)

Caught in Atlanta's Snowjam 2014, self-confessed geek Tara is rear-ended by the hottest guy she's ever met. Ryon is a beer brewer and restauranteur who fits the bill of what Tara and her friends call a "lumberfox": sartorial lumberjack style, cultivated facial hair, tattoos, and specialized tastes. When he invites Tara to spend the snowstorm in his nearby condo, she takes ...more
Published March 9th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Lumberfox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lumberfox

SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Book Basics

Genre : - Cont Short Romance
Series : - 1st in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 4

Review

A nice hot little read.

Had to admit to having to google some of the geekier Star Wars things.

Well developed characters that you connect to, which is nothing short of geni
Red Iza
Reviewed for http://redhiddenalcove.blogspot.fr

Let me have fun with this review, because I sure had some fun time reading this short little thing !

First, that cover. Oh my, that cover ! When I first saw it, I had to laugh because it looked so ridiculous (sorry man-model, but really...). If I hadn't read the book was worth reading, I would have skipped it based on the cover alone.

Second, that's what Tara listens to at the beginning :
This began very well, th
Ivy Deluca
Jan 11, 2015 Ivy Deluca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella, tattoos
Erotic novella set during the Snowjam in Atlanta in 2014 features Tara, curvy Star Wars geek and Ryon, the aforementioned hottie lumberfox. It was recommended to me by friends, and I was happy to read it.

The Good, The Bad and Everything In Between
-Kindle Unlimited: I got it free with my subscription, or it’s only 99 pennies.
-novella length (49 pgs): very quick read, took me a couple of hours to get through. Good inbetween kind of read.
-likeable leads: Tara works for the Cartoon Network, Ryon is
⚓ Basil ⚓
Jan 10, 2015 ⚓ Basil ⚓ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
3.5 stars: cute, quick read. Loved the writing, wish it was a little longer.
tonya.
Dec 21, 2014 tonya. rated it liked it
Why isn't this real life. I need a brewbaker.
Penny Watson
Mar 14, 2014 Penny Watson rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up

He brews beer and is a chef. And is totally gorgeous and has tattoos. And has a hipster mustache and a sexy, well-groomed beard. And is perfect in bed, has a stylish condo, and is thoughtful and witty.

This is short, has a lot of quotes from Star Wars (hence the Geek), has a lot of sex (hence the erotica), and tries to squeeze in a bit of romance, too. Which I liked.

Sexy quick story.
Sara
Apr 27, 2015 Sara rated it it was amazing
If you're into nerds having sex (which I, very selfishly, am), you're gonna love this. I am also, very selfishly, into beards, tattoos, Star Wars, wine, Nutella in exotic locations, women in nothing but too-big men's button-downs, jokes at awkward moments, and any excuse to take your clothes off. It made me giggle and squirm, and what more can you ask for?
Lisa
Jan 10, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a super sexy and very cute novella. Both MC's were adorable. Did I mention super sexy? Yes please!
Paige  Bookdragon
"where she learns that a man who takes that much time with his facial hair knows exactly what to do with his mouth"

And people wonder why I love beards..
Elisabeth Lane
Sep 12, 2014 Elisabeth Lane rated it it was amazing
When Ava Lovelace's geeky erotica novella The Lumberfox opens, it's winter in Atlanta and it's snowing. Hard. And if you've ever been anywhere near the South when it decides to snow hard, you pretty much know that we're, well, ill-equipped to deal. So it's no surprise when heroine Tara and hero Ryon get into a fender bender. And if it's a little more surprising that Ryon turns out to live nearby and Tara agrees to go home with him, well, all is forgiven by the end of this smoking hot and utterly ...more
Melissa
Mar 12, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I read this story in one sitting, and I can honestly say that I have never enjoyed erotica more. Here are my top five reasons:

1. It's GEEKROTICA! What is not to love about Star Wars and Pride and Prejudice jokes mixed with sweet romance and steamy sex?
2. The characters. Tara and Ryon are round (and hard, but that's another point...) characters that Ms. Ava Lovelace managed to develop in a few short pages. It is evident that they have lives outside the story, pasts that long for exploration, and
Victoria
Mar 19, 2014 Victoria rated it really liked it
This is a very short story, but fun and quirky, and if you are a Star Wars geek you'll probably appreciate this more than me.

3.5/5 stars

*UPDATED*

Joint review with Karina:

Egalley courtesy of the author.

Vika:
Michelle
Nov 08, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Tara and Ryon’s story begins as he rear-ends her in the middle of a snow storm. Left to choose between staying locked in her car for however long for making her way through the snow to his condo, she of course picks following him to allow him to treat her to a home cooked meal, warmth and hopefully a little action between the sheets.

I picked this story up for a few reasons. 1. It was offered up as a Kindle Unlimited read 2. A few friends were reading it and sharing quotes that had me laughing my
April Loebick
Mar 12, 2014 April Loebick rated it it was amazing
“The Lumberfox” is the fantasy that every geek girl wished they had during the recent Georgia snowpocalypse. It was the perfect size and had just the right amount of teasing–the story wasn’t half-bad either. The erotic elements are sexy and straight forward. Tara, the female character is relatable (especially to this geek girl) and she’s not some annoying dolt who’s there for the ride. She has intelligence and personality. She has insecurities, but they aren’t debilitating or distracting. But ...more
Kara-karina
Mar 17, 2014 Kara-karina rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
3.5/5

Joint review with Victoria

Vika:

Well, this was different. And I truly didn’t know what to expect but found myself enjoying this quirky short story from the talented Ms. Dawson, who, under the pen-name of Ava Lovelace, is exploring a new-to-her genre. Speaking of genres, ever heard of geekrotica? Cause it’s certainly a first for me!

What did you think K.?

Karina:

I haven't heard of it either, V., and while I consider myself geeky, the majority of cultural references (apart from the obvious ones!
grumpyoldbird
Who'd have thunk it, geekrotica? I certainly wouldn't, but I bloody loved it. This is the future people. Get on board now, go grab yourself a copy of this book, currently free on Kindle, get yourself a drink, some biccies and get settled in for some happy time, cos you will have a big smile on your face from all the chuckles and the scorchio.

This is a really fun, scorchio, quirky story. It is genius.

At the time of writing this review I've already gone ahead and bought the next in the series and
Kanoko
Dec 09, 2014 Kanoko rated it really liked it
I read this and "The Superfox" and so. FUN! You'll get the most out of them if you're into geeky stuff, but I believe they're truly enjoyable even for the uninitiated.

This one's more sensual than erotic, I think, but there are definitely tingly scenes. The humour and banter are great; and despite the short form, there is actual chemistry between the characters—although it's explored as the story goes. I also appreciate the emphasis on consent.

Quirky short that delivers delightful sensory sexplos
Beth Cato
Jan 07, 2015 Beth Cato rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2015
I'm pretty picky about my romances. A lot of the time, I just hate the stereotypical alpha male lead. This novella? It works. Tara is an outright geek. The lumberfox she encounters during the Atlanta blizzard is just as geeky, and also happens to be a tatooed awesome chef and beer brewer. He's got it all going on, complete with a beard that gives "scruffy looking nerdherder" a whole new meaning. Their banter is witty and feels real, and that's what I loved the most. These were my kinds of people ...more
Courtney
Jan 09, 2015 Courtney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this little story and honestly the only thing keeping me from rating it a 5 is that I WANT MORE!!! Ava Lovelace crafted two people so perfect for eachother in such a short amount of time, and although I don't doubt Tara and Ryon will live happily ever after, I sure would love to read the rest of their story. Being a huge star wars fan myself, I totally got all of the references and love the way they helped tell their story. The Lumberfox is funny and sweet, geeky and sexy. Highly ...more
Amaranthine
Jun 18, 2014 Amaranthine rated it it was ok
Apparently I am in the minority here, but I truly feel that the author was trying SO. HARD. to be trendy that it took away from the storyline. I found entirely too many instances where it seemed that cramming as many geek culture references as possible was more important than actually telling the story. And that makes me a bit sad, because I really wanted to like this book.
Joan (official heroine hater)
This was an okay, short little read. Actually liked the heroine and all the geeky Star Wars references were fun. Unfortunately, it was the hero that was the problem for me. He wasn't an alpha jerk by any means, but he just seemed kind of bland...hum ho. And for being labeled erotica, I didn't really think the sexy was anything to write home about-it was okay.
E.
Feb 04, 2015 E. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lynn
Jan 22, 2016 Lynn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
short, easy read about 2 geeks getting it on. I'm a geek myself but I just couldn't get into it...
Tamsin
Dec 04, 2015 Tamsin rated it liked it
Just what my poor brain needed, fluffy brain candy!
Kim
Jan 29, 2015 Kim rated it liked it
3.5

100% pure fantasy but it was a really, really nice fantasy. *sigh*
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

You may have noticed if you follow my reviews that I’m a huge Delilah S. Dawson fan and absolutely LOVE her steampunk series Blud. Well imagine my surprise when I see her post a new cover image on Facebook including the cover for THE LUMBERFOX. I mean you can’t scroll past that hottie. And that’s when I realized she had an alter ego and this was a series of short sexy stories. Immediate one click.

THE LUMBERFOX is too short, yes, but I enjoyed the hell out of every page, every second an
Talk Supe
Mar 13, 2014 Talk Supe rated it really liked it
Recommended to Talk by: LilyElement
Shelves: 2014
Talk Supe review

Let me first address the obvious before I get to the meat of things. Yes, the cover is like 80's paperback or something, maybe even the 70's, and I HOPE Ava Lovelace would give it a makeover because the dude with the handlebar mustache (maybe it's the lighting but it looks like he has one) isn't cutting the sexy.

On to the plot and the smut! LUMBERFOX is an erotica novella and the first of ALovelace's Geekrotica series. LUMBERFOX is a quick read at 43 pages with a very simple plo
Renee Elizabeths
This review was crossposted from my blog. For the rest of the post (and more!), click here.

I've had this novella hanging out on my TBR for a while. It was free and I downloaded it, but then I never really felt interested enough in the idea to actually read it. But I noticed it sitting there in the queue the other day and, since I had a few hours to kill, I decided to give it a whirl.

I was. . . underwhelmed. The story was sexy enough, I suppose, and the jokes were funny. I like that the idea of g
Kaetrin
The Lumberfox by Ava Lovelace – B+ I picked this one up when it was free on promotion and for various reasons I was looking for something short to read so I opened it. Despite the title, it is not a shifter book. It is a quite delightful erotic short. It retails for 99c but I think it’s well worth the money. Geek girl Tara is out in what proves to be a blizzard buying her first vibrator. I was amused she christened her new toy Han Solo because, (wait for it):

“he was cocky and looked like he was
LilyElement
Sep 08, 2016 LilyElement rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, 2014
Tara is driving home one snowy day when her car gets rear ended. She meets Ryon, a cooking and brewing connoisseur. After exchanging information and him turning off her vibrator that fell off her passenger seat, they head back to his place so they don't freeze to death. That's when things start to heat up.

Tara and Ryon were well suited for one another. They are both geeks and manage to throw out several different references/phrases throughout The Lumberfox. If you're not a geek, don't worry, yo
  • Wicked as She Wants (Blud, #2)
  • Craving Flight
  • A Shot in the Dark (Long Shots, #2)
  • Your Room Or Mine? (Do Not Disturb #1)
  • Drive It Deep (Desert Dogs, #.5)
  • Indecent... Exposure (Indecent, #1)
  • Fanning the Flames (Jackson: Girls' Night Out, #0.5)
  • The Consequences (The Chronicles of Katrina, #4)
  • Holiday Heat
  • The Nekkid Truth
  • The Principle of Desire (Science of Temptation, #3)
  • Fit (Fit, #1)
  • The Frenchman (Jet-setters & Jeopardy, #1)
  • Restraint
  • Pan's Conquest
  • The Christmas Wife
  • In the Clear (Winter Rescue #1)
  • Enemy Red (Mark of Lycos, #1)

Geekrotica (2 books)
  • The Superfox (Geekrotica, #2)

“the air was perfumed with the scent of baking chicken.” 2 likes