Start by marking “The Case of the Cracked Mirror (Sherlock Holmes)” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Cracked Mirror (Sherlock Holmes)

The Case of the Cracked Mirror (Sherlock Holmes)

The fireman had seen a skeleton, wearing a dress coat, whose head was aflame. I was deeply worried for the missing young woman. If she had been taken by the opera ghost, be he flesh or spirit, how would she fare if she rejected his 'love'? All worries were momentarily forced out of my head when a sudden squawk rang out across the opera house. "I cannot believe this! Me; a ...more
Published February 2014 by Pennie Mae Cartawick (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Cracked Mirror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Cracked Mirror

D.R.
Oct 18, 2014 D.R. rated it really liked it
The 20-page short story takes Sherlock Holmes and his long-term partner, Watson, to Paris to solve the disappearance of a budding opera singer and love interest of Raoul, a member of a prominent French family. The famous investigative duo is summoned to France by Raoul’s brother, who is concerned Raoul may have been involved in the girl’s disappearance, bringing dishonor to his family.

Possible suspects begin to pile up quickly after Holmes and Watson arrive at the Paris opera house. Prior to her
Dustin Stevens
Oct 15, 2014 Dustin Stevens rated it it was amazing
This is the second Holmes short story I have read by Ms. Cartawick, both being quite different, and yet at the same time very similar to one another.

In the Case of the Cracked Mirror, Sherlock Holmes and his faithful companion find themselves in Paris, investigating the disappearance of a young girl, believed to be done by the famed Opera Ghost. This story is different in every way from the previous, starting fresh on a new continent, with new characters and new challenges for the featured duo.

W
Josephine McNabb
Nov 22, 2014 Josephine McNabb rated it really liked it
Shelves: r-r
I received this book from the author in exchange for a review. A very enjoyable read.

It is a short story but one with such an authentic narrative that I could actually hear the accent in my head as I read. This is a story about Sherlock Holmes and his side-kick Watson, who are called away to Paris to investigate the disappearance of a young woman.

We follow the story through Watsons POV. He always seemed to be one step behind Holmes but gave the reader food for thought as to who could be behind
K. Kumar
Oct 18, 2014 K. Kumar rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this story about the disappearance at the Paris Opera House and the subsequent investigation by Sherlock Holmes. I normally do not read this genre too often, and I thought the author did a good job in developing the characters and intrigue behind the disappearance of Christine Daae. And of course everyone is familiar with Sherlock Holmes and Watson, and the story worked well in capturing the relationship between the two characters and the Holmes' approach to solving the ...more
R.E. Mullins
Jan 31, 2015 R.E. Mullins rated it it was amazing

I read this story as included in THE SPHINX COLLECTION:

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle speaks again through Pennie Mae Cartawick. I grew up reading classic mysteries featuring Sherlock Holmes and Miss Marple and, I must say, Ms Cartawick's perfectly hits the mark. Her pacing and prose fits in perfectly with the style created in Doyle's original work.
I don't want to give any spoilers so all I'll say is The Sphinx Collection includes three cases for Holmes and his trusty sidekick, Watson.
Ms. Cartawick send
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2014
Linda Berndt
Linda Berndt rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2016
HAROLD FRANK PARKER
HAROLD FRANK PARKER rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2016
Paula Mendez
Paula Mendez rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2015
Ro
Ro rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2014
Hayli Skinner
Hayli Skinner rated it liked it
May 25, 2014
Maureen Charleston
Maureen Charleston rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2015
Diana Febry
Diana Febry rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2014
Pennie
Aug 10, 2014 Pennie rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Katherine Henderson
Katherine Henderson rated it did not like it
May 26, 2014
Tatyana Fagerjord
Tatyana Fagerjord rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2014
Kenneth
Kenneth marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Travis Anderson
Travis Anderson marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Scott Caldwell
Scott Caldwell marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Antonis Yannopoulos
Antonis Yannopoulos marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Stephan
Stephan marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2016
Born: Catherine Cartawick.
Pennie Mae Cartawick is a best selling author of both fiction and nonfiction books. Her work is based on a variety of subjects including weight management and nutrition, recipe books, horror novelettes, and short Sherlock Holmes mysteries.
She was born in the city of Sheffield in South Yorkshire, England and emigrated to Florida in 1993.

More about Pennie Mae Cartawick...

Sherlock Holmes (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • The Case of the missing Mayan Codices (Sherlock Holmes #1)
  • A Strange Affair with the Woman on the Tracks (Sherlock Holmes)
  • The Heist (Sherlock Holmes)
  • Mystery Chronicles of Sherlock Holmes
  • The Curse of a Native (Sherlock Holmes)
  • The Game of Cat and Mouse (Sherlock Holmes)
  • In Murders on the Voyage to India (Sherlock Holmes)
  • The Hex of a Gypsy Woman (Sherlock Holmes)
  • Season Tickets to a Crime Carnival (Sherlock Holmes)
  • The Perilous Jester (Sherlock Holmes)