Start by marking “Fallen Idol (Love and Music in Texas, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fallen Idol (Love and Music in Texas, #4)

Fallen Idol (Love and Music in Texas #4)

This is the fourth book in the Love and Music in Texas series, but each book can be read as a stand alone.

What goes up must come down...

Kyra Sanders had a promising career in country music in her teen years. She gained popularity and fame, riding high atop the charts. Then one deadly accident changed things, sending her spiraling downward to the point she went into a hia
Published March 31st 2015 by Nikki Lynn Barrett

To ask other readers questions about Fallen Idol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen Idol

Thoughtless by S.C. StephensLove Unscripted by Tina ReberEffortless by S.C. StephensBreathe by Abbi GlinesBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Famous Characters
55th out of 423 books — 915 voters
Lick by Kylie ScottColor Me Crazy by Carol PavliskaBackstage Pass by Olivia CunningThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleJack Who? by Lisa Gillis
Famous Love: Romances Novels that Deal With Fame
82nd out of 221 books — 212 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathleen
Jun 18, 2015 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fallen Idol is a wonderful romance novel that is a perfect summer beach read.

Author Nikki Lynn Barrett weaves an entertaining tale that follows the story of country music star Kyra Sanders and single dad Matt Greer.

Kyra Sanders was a promising teen country music star, whose career was derailed when she was involved in a traumatic fatal accident. Six years later, she is trying to make a come back, when another accident occurs that sends her back home to Texas.

Matt Greer is a single father who is
Cat Elliott
Apr 01, 2015 Cat Elliott rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Fallen Idol to read and review.
I have to start by saying I loved this book! This is a great story about a famous singer who has had to face many lows in the past few years, and a traumatic incident leads to her returning to her family and their new-ish town. Whilst there she meets Matt, a single dad who holds a lot of resentment towards musicians.
I'm totally in love with Matt. He is such a kind hearted man who puts everyone else's needs and wants before h
Paula  Phillips
Apr 11, 2015 Paula Phillips rated it really liked it

Though this is Book #4 in the series , it can be read and understood as a stand-alone , well the most part of it can as you read further on in the story and learn to pick up bits and pieces. The book starts with singer Kyra Sanders and her comeback tour , we learn that for the past four-five years she has been off the books and hiding away due to an accident that occurred. We aren't at this stage too sure what the accident is and what happened , but we do know that whatever it was Kyra lost lots
Laura Nelson
Jun 23, 2015 Laura Nelson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This is book 4 in the series but can be read as a standalone which is what I did. It is the also the first book I’ve read by this author and I loved it. I’m looking forward to getting better acquainted with the other couples featured in this book by reading the rest of the series.

Fallen Idol is about the comeback of Country Music Star Kyra Sanders, struggling to overcome the events of a tragic accident 6 years ago and Matt G
Petula
Apr 04, 2015 Petula rated it really liked it

Kyra was a country music teen star. There was a tragic accident, and she had a breakdown. Now many years later Kyra is attempting a comeback. But not everyone believes she should get another chance at the big time.
Matt is a single dad to a teenage son. His ex-wife was a singer who abandoned her family for music. His son is the most important person in his life, he will not allow him to be hurt again.
This is an emotional story of recovery and dealing with panic. Our main characters have a lot t
April
Mar 29, 2015 April rated it it was amazing
I received this as an ARC for an honest review. I have to say that I loved it. Kyra was a teen idol in country music. She became a fallen idol after a car accident which she was driving and some was killed. She was on a hiatus when a fire that injured her parts forces her home to Texas.
On her way home, she gets into another accident. She meets Andrew, Blaine, and Matt. Matt cannot stand musicians due to his past and ex-wife. Matt starts out judging Krya because of this.
Krya doesn't remember the
Kristen Johnson
Apr 03, 2015 Kristen Johnson rated it it was amazing
Fallen Idol is book 4 in Nikki Lynn Barrett's Love and Music in Texas series. This book tells Kyra and Matt's story.

Like all of Barrett's stories, this book features a few surprises and bumps along the journey. I like this aspect of her writing, because it always adds that little bit of oooh what's gonna happen now to the reading. I love how each little incident really builds on to the rest of the story and adds something important.

Matt was a wonderful character. He was a great father to his s
Tristina Renken
Apr 07, 2015 Tristina Renken rated it really liked it
I loved the storyline about a singer who is trying to make a comeback with her music but realizes there's more to her past and the accident that changes everything. Kyra goes back to Texas, after a fire that almost makes her lose her parents. When she meets Matt, he has instantly judged her for being a singer (thanks to his ex-wife Kendra, after leaving to follow her dreams and blaming it on him), now causing an accident that his son Andrew
was also present in the car. Kyra & Matt both have t
Kristy Hamilton
Apr 18, 2015 Kristy Hamilton rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC from the author, Nikki Lynn Barrett for an honest review...
Fallen Idol is the fourth book in Nikki Lynn Barrett 's Love and Music series. What I truly enjoy about this series, is that even though each book brings back the characters from the other books, every book can be read on their own. The characters that are brought back just enhance the story rather then leaving the reader wonder what was going on in the previous books. Matt and Krya have their own special story.
Krya was on h
Diana
Sep 16, 2016 Diana rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, mystery, favorites
I listened to a lot of country music while reading this. I just felt like sharing that.
And really "a lot" isn't more than usual since I listen to the genre regularly. Which is why this book caught my attention in the first place.

My attention isn't all this story caught though but my heart too. From the start it was an instant love affair that so few books manage to achieve (even by the end). I felt like I already knew these characters and was just revisiting a favorite place.

It felt like such a
Melinda
Apr 14, 2015 Melinda rated it it was amazing
More at http://melenasreviews.wordpress.com

Have you ever read a series from an author that grabs your attention, stays in your mind and never leaves? Well if you haven`t you are missing out from a talented, imaginative author like Nikki Lynn Barrett. This is the fourth book in her Love and Music in Texas series and let me tell you each one just get better and better. I still remember reading about Baby Stetson, Jameson, Blaine, Randy and now Kyra just like wow. Here is a girl who never had a nor
Rebecca Austin
May 25, 2015 Rebecca Austin rated it really liked it
Kyra Sanders was a teenage country sensation when an accident caused her to take a break from music and now she has come home after her parents were involved in a suspicious accident.

Matt Greer is a single father raising his teenage son after his ex-wife abandoned them in hopes of making it big time as a singer.

When the two come together after an accident Matt immediately dislikes Kyra due to what she stands for but soon realizes she is way more authentic than what he thought possible.

The two bo
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Jun 03, 2015 Sassy Beta Reading & Review rated it it was amazing
I read this book as part of the Dangerous Encounters series and am I so glad that I did. I am new to Nikki Lynn Barrett, but I am going to go buy the other books in the Love and Music in Texas series as soon as I finish this review. I loved all the characters that showed up in this series and can not wait to find out their story next!

This was a fantastic read. It had its emotional roller coaster ride moments....even had me teary eyed during my lunch I work, I had to stop so I didn't end up as a
Samantha Janning
Jun 14, 2015 Samantha Janning rated it really liked it
I received a review copy
This book had a little bit of everything. Romance and mystery topped the list, and made for a great combination. It was easy to feel sympathetic to Kyra after all she had been through, and she was a character I definitely cheered for. I felt the same for Matt, and it was hard not to want these two to get together, despite the many challenges they faced. I really enjoyed all the mystery and intrigue – the still unanswered questions regarding Kyra’s accident, the new myster
Kathy
Mar 29, 2015 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
I was given this book by the author for a honest review. It's part of the Love and Music in Texas series but it can stand alone. I haven't read the whole series yet. I have only read two of them and I really enjoyed both of them. When I picked up this, I was able to read without any confusion. She did bring back previous characters but they didn't hurt the story,they helped. Wonderfully written for me it was an lite read. She doesn't leave any stone unturned and when you finish it will leave you ...more
For the Love of Books
Apr 05, 2015 For the Love of Books rated it it was amazing
Those of you who are familiar with our blog know how much I love discovering authors who are new to me, and reading Fallen Idol has introduced me to a new author and a series I know I am going to love. This book has such a wonderful mix of characters, characters of all ages who add to the dynamics in such a wonderfully unique way. The storyline weaves together different twists, which involve different characters and therefore keeping the plot exciting. I couldn't guess the ending,the author ...more
D.K. Cassidy
Apr 12, 2015 D.K. Cassidy rated it it was amazing
Love Country Style

Music fame, love, redemption, and the unpredictability of life are all part of this novel. The main character Kyra Sanders was a star in the world of country music until a terrible accident occurs. A few years later she is ready for a comeback, but something else gets in the way.

During this second chapter of her life, Kyra meets Matt Greer, a man who wants to avoid a relationship with a musician. The music industry has impacted his life and that of his son.

I can’t tell you anym
BookSnuggle
Sep 06, 2016 BookSnuggle rated it it was amazing
"Fallen Idol" by Nikki Lynn Barrett is the fourth book in the Love and Music in Texas series but can be read as a standalone book.

The story grabs your attention right at the beginning. The book had romance and suspense. Nikki Barrett did a great job of keeping the reader involved and interested in the book.

The romance of Matt and Kyra was great! The suspense in the story keeps you guessing the whole time trying to figure it out. A great read!

I really enjoy reading books by Nikki Barrett. I lo
Crystal
Do you know how crazy I'm going because I really want to read this book. You have an author that just loves to tease you and give you a little of the book to read. You keep coming back more and more each day to see if the book is ready to be read. How can this author treat me this way and enjoy it more and more every time?

Maybe one of these days I can pay her back. I'm sharpening my pitch forks. Yep Nikki you heard me, the pitch forks will be coming after you. Can you see me here writing this wi
Michelle Nageldinger
Apr 09, 2015 Michelle Nageldinger rated it really liked it

4 stars
I received this for an honest review from addicted to books and authors. Kyra was a child star country star who is now trying to make a comeback, Matt is trying to make it as a single dad who wants nothing to do with anybody in the music business. This was a great face-paced read full of mystery and chemistry equally, as they try to find their happy ever after.
This book is #4 in a series, however, it is the first one I read and it can be read as a standalone. I will however be going bac
Heather Jasinski
Mar 31, 2015 Heather Jasinski rated it it was amazing
Fallen Idol (Love and Music in Texas Book 4) by Nikki Lynn Barrett... This is the first book I've read by Nikki and I plan on reading the books before Fallen Idol in this series. Fallen Idol is a wonderful story filled with romance,music,mystery/suspense. I really enjoyed reading about Kyra & Matt and of course the other characters. I just loved how music was incorporated in this book! 5 stars well written book that I recommend to those that like to read contemporary romance *****

I was given
Patricia Schaefer
Mar 30, 2015 Patricia Schaefer rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy of "Fallen Idol" in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed Fallen Idol, Kyra, Matt, Amy, mom and dad and the other characters came across as if I was reading about one of my neighbors that I knew really well and saw every day. Kyra's fight to get back into her music and get through the obstacles that kept pushing her back was so well written that there were places where even I teared up. Nikki writes a beautiful story. I really look forward to reading more of her ...more
Kim King
Mar 18, 2015 Kim King rated it it was amazing
Nikki never fails to keep me wanting more!

This book is witty and emotional with right amount of spice and mystery. I fell in love from page one hook, line and sinker. Characters that surprise you and make you feel. A beautiful story.

Kyra's past seem to haunt her where ever she goes.
Matt cant let his past hurts stay in the past.

Follow Matt and Kyra as they try to piece the past together and try to see if they can have a future.

This is a total must read and just a warning book hangover may follow
KimberlyDawn
Apr 02, 2015 KimberlyDawn rated it it was amazing
Nikki Lynn Barrett knows how to write a story that will keep you captivated the whole way through! Kyra is trying to rebuild her career, while trying to escape something. Matt is trying to stay away from musicians because of what happened to him in his past. Kyra and Matt meet by chance. They both have their own issues to deal with, but keep finding themselves thrown together in this small town. Can they work through their own problems and find love, peace, and happiness? I really enjoyed ...more
Renee at Book Happiness
Apr 06, 2015 Renee at Book Happiness rated it really liked it
I received this for an honest review.. I found this book to be a really good and enjoyable read!! This book really does touch your heart with the story.. Kyra was a child star country star who is now trying to make a comeback!! Matt is trying to make it as a single dad who wants nothing to do with anybody in the music business. This was such a fun read with the perfect amounts of chemistry, a small amount of mystery, and friends and family as secondary characters that you just fall in love ...more
L.P. Lindeman
Apr 03, 2015 L.P. Lindeman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
just keeps getting better

This series is addicting. To say they keep getting better is an understatement. I have the dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep to prove it. This is yet another top notch book. Well written easy flow and characters you absolutely fall in love with over and over again. Mixing country music , country folks , and fun loving people you have a hit for sure. Now I will be stalking her web page for the rest of the series. This is defiantly a winner
A. McCarty
Mar 30, 2015 A. McCarty rated it it was amazing
Beautiful. That is just one word that I can say about this book. I can't find words except that I would love to read more of this series. I loved the connect between the characters. It was one very strong connection. This had some suspense to it as it had you routing for the main characters, yet at the same time wanting to find out what happened next.

I was given this for an honest review.
Jill Blake
Apr 04, 2015 Jill Blake rated it really liked it
Entertaining and heartfelt romance that has it all: a child-star country music heroine who fell from grace and is now trying for a comeback, a small-town blue-collar single dad hero who’s got hang-ups about the music biz, family and friends whom you’d really love to know in real life, and a mystery that puts them all in danger.
Breanna Eichhorn
Jun 05, 2015 Breanna Eichhorn rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Nikki and it won't be my last. I was hooked from the first page. The story is very well written and the characters are very well developed. I couldn't help but feel connected to the characters. Nikki you have a new fan.
Agnete Askhøj
Apr 05, 2015 Agnete Askhøj rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-e-books
I loved, loved, loved this book

I was lucky enough to be given an ARC from the author, and I thank her for it
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I'm an avid lover of books. I wrote my first book by the 5th grade in one of those spiral one subject notebooks. I can't imagine a life without reading, writing, music, and photography. Aside from being an author, I'm a stay at home mom to a bright and bubbly little boy who has now just gone to preschool for the second year in a row.

I'm also a blogger and reviewer over at my blog, Storm Goddess B
More about Nikki Lynn Barrett...

Love and Music in Texas (9 books)
  • Baby Stetson (Love and Music in Texas #1)
  • The Melody In My Head (Love and Music in Texas,#2)
  • The Key To My Heart (Love and Music in Texas #3)
  • Offbeat (Love and Music in Texas #5)
  • In Perfect Rhythm (Love and Music in Texas, #7)
  • Pulling Strings (Love and Music in Texas, #8)
  • Footsteps of a Star (Love and Music in Texas, #9)
  • Country Roots (Love and Music in Texas, #10)