Start by marking “Blood Dahlia - A Thriller (Sarah King Mysteries Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Dahlia - A Thriller (Sarah King Mysteries Book 1)

Blood Dahlia - A Thriller (Sarah King Mysteries Book 1)

A COPYCAT OF THE MOST FAMOUS MURDER IN HISTORY...

A serial murderer nicknamed the Blood Dahlia has been terrorizing the quiet suburbs of Pennsylvania. Brutally mutilating his victims in the fashion of the most famous murder in Hollywood, the killer leaves no trace behind.

The FBI's elite Behavioral Science Unit, the section responsible for the study and investigation of se
Published March 4th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Blood Dahlia - A Thriller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Dahlia - A Thriller

Jenna~Ice Queen~Dreams
Jan 22, 2015 Jenna~Ice Queen~Dreams rated it it was amazing
AWESOME!!!
fist pump photo: Fist pump Fistpump.gif

I have decided that from now on I am only going to read what Jahy tells me to read. Freaking awesome book, I loved every moment! (Thanks Jahy for telling me about it, so... what's next???)
fist pump photo: Fist Pump 1369373345519_zps0c66ddcb.gif

R-Cee*Jay
Dec 20, 2015 R-Cee*Jay rated it it was amazing
Apparently I have been very ignorant of the fact that the Black Dahlia was real - that is some fucked up shit right there, I hope the fucker is sizzling in hell forevermore.
This was a great read!
Lucy
Jan 29, 2015 Lucy rated it really liked it
3.5 to 4 stars

Solid fast paced thriller.
Lori Potter
Oct 02, 2016 Lori Potter rated it it was amazing
Thriller

Really enjoyed this book! Good mix of suspense and crime drama. A reluctant psychic helps FBI agents . I'm ready for the next book. Can't wait to read more.
lenora crenshaw
Oct 24, 2016 lenora crenshaw rated it it was amazing
New series

Interesting new character for a new series. Will be interesting to see how the author develops this new character especially since she is female.
R Linda Ball
Sep 21, 2016 R Linda Ball rated it really liked it
Good story, but lose the "F" bombs. So many authors think that by adding the four letter words people will enjoy reading it. I'm sixty five years old and I read a lot of books (I mean a lot) and I get so tired of reading all the curse words, frankly I tend to not to read that authors books again. Also I'm on a limited budget so being able to read the free books are wonderful, so please do more free books... Thank you for your book.

Yes I would recommend your book to my friends.

Please continue to
Quentin Feduchin
May 14, 2015 Quentin Feduchin rated it really liked it
As the first Sarah King mystery, one understands that she has to last through at least until the next book.
There's somebody doing some pretty horrible stuff to some young women and the FBI just can't get anywhere with this, poor helpless little darlings.
Being the first in the series we get all the background to Sarah, including things that she sees about her past, and things she's been avoiding. But now she's seeing even more, and one of the detectives realizes there might be a connection with a
l
Jun 22, 2015 l rated it it was amazing
Blood Dahlia

Full Disclosure! I am an avid Victor Methos fan....yes a relative new fan but I've taken the pledge, learned the handshake and am trying to find his t-shirt store. I have read the full Jon Stanton series and am sad it seems to be at an end, although one can only hope. The Sarah King series is one I will certainly follow. Sarah's story is totally different from the Stanton series, but it is just as well written. You have to get a little used to Methos writing. There are always a lot o
Claudia Slate
Dec 26, 2015 Claudia Slate rated it really liked it
Read all the Jon Stanton books despite how they sometimes bogged down with too many characters, way too much Mormon preaching and surfer philosophy. But this was a much better written/tighter story and a great read. Only the event at the killer's moms house and the brother seemed a bit contrived. Enjoyed.
Helen Glock
Apr 05, 2014 Helen Glock rated it it was amazing
Wow, not a book for the squeamish! Once I started reading it I couldn't stop, the storyline was well written and intense. I loved Sarah, but her abilities would scare the average person. You felt like you were experiencing the crime scenes with her.
Sandra Gonzales
May 08, 2016 Sandra Gonzales rated it it was amazing
Great novel

Victor Methos' Sarah King Mystery Book 1 is obviously the beginning of a wonderful new series. This is another thrilling "can't put it down" novel. Sarah has a special gift that helps the FBI stop the terror of the serial killer.
Chaplain Stanleigh Chapin
May 03, 2014 Chaplain Stanleigh Chapin rated it it was amazing
Excellent and very enjoyable

Excellent and very enjoyable

It was one that keeps you involved with intrigue and happenings that were reasonable with out a lot of needlessly erotic sex
Barbara Hardy
Mar 13, 2014 Barbara Hardy rated it it was amazing
Very scared but good read

This book isn't for anyone with a weak stomach. I enjoy a good mystery and this one is just that. Well written and interesting story line and people. I highly recommend this book.
April
Jul 26, 2014 April rated it really liked it
A very well written story. The Author made an intriguing and fast paced story. Not for for the faint of heart with the descriptions of the murder victims. Sara was a interesting character and the Amish spin was unique, not sure I read about another. Definitely will be looking for a book 2
Amy Curl
Apr 25, 2015 Amy Curl rated it really liked it
Not What I Anticipated

A very interesting read. It was fast paced and held my attention throughout the entire book. I wasn't even let down by the ending. Will definitely seek out more by this author.
Barbara
Mar 12, 2016 Barbara rated it liked it
Blood Dahlia

This book was a fun read but the author wrote in a stilted style. Sarah, the heroine, has a short backstory. The author's voice is unclear. Philadelphia is an okay setting. I would recommend this book to a novice mystery/horror enthusiast.
Emily G. Seanez
Mar 30, 2015 Emily G. Seanez rated it it was amazing
Methos's writing pulls me into each of his books I have read.

He is a master of psychological thrillers. He captures the essence of both the detective and the murderer.
I finish one of his books, then I search for the next one.

AJ
Aug 18, 2016 AJ rated it really liked it
Dark But Good

Sarah has a "gift". But it really isn't. Banished by her Amish family for her 'gift'. She tries to ignore it, but when the FBI comes looking for help she decides to do it.
Patricia Mccammon
Jan 22, 2016 Patricia Mccammon rated it really liked it
Great story

Raised as Amish but made to leave Sarah's gift makes her valuable to the FBI trying to find the Black Dahlia.
Beverly Henkel
Apr 02, 2014 Beverly Henkel rated it it was amazing
Thrilling!

this book was thrilling from beginning to end and I couldn't put it down! I really loved how you tied the brothers together.
Heather May
Mar 13, 2014 Heather May rated it it was amazing
hardcore. super creepy. wonderfully written. no weird stretch to tie it together. great book. looking forward to more Sarah king.
Susie Palafox
Jan 14, 2016 Susie Palafox rated it it was amazing
Great Book!

I really enjoyed this book! The writing and story made me care about the characters. Looking forward to reading #2!
Morv
Aug 18, 2014 Morv rated it really liked it
This is a book that fans of Criminal Minds I think will enjoy reading, although it's been put into a smaller scale, there is something about this book that makes it really interesting to read.
Angel
Apr 20, 2014 Angel rated it it was amazing
well told story. a great read if u have strong stomach and love a good murder mystery. really gory but gave the story character. would read other books from this author.
Enid
Mar 10, 2014 Enid rated it it was amazing
Great book. It is a must read for those who love thrillers and want to stay on the edge of their seats. I couldn't put it down. Hope more books follow the story of Sarah.
amanda
Mar 17, 2014 amanda rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Loved it!

A thrilling book. It had me on the edge of my seat with the turn of every page.
A must read!
Lee S. Mullins
Mar 30, 2015 Lee S. Mullins rated it it was amazing
New favorite

Couldn't put it down. Read the whole book in one sitting, downloading another one that I hope will be as captivating as this one.
Deborah Marquardt
Mar 29, 2014 Deborah Marquardt rated it it was amazing
Loved It

I loved this book! I loved Sarah and her resilience. I will be looking forward to another book with her, please Victor keep them coming!
Grazzit
Sep 04, 2014 Grazzit rated it liked it
This was close to a 4 star, but i felt it should of been fleshed out a little more, but not bad at all
Michelle
Jun 10, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
Good story, fast paced, well written. Great thriller, but not for you if you get grossed out easily.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Murder Is A Bad Day To Have A Baby
  • Amanda's Eyes (A.J. Gregson)
  • Metro Star Murders
  • First, Do No Harm (Brier Hospital, #1)
  • Twisted Justice
  • King City
  • Bird Brained (Rachel Porter, #3)
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Cry of the Needle
  • Goodey's Last Stand (Joe Goodey Mysteries #1)
  • Wyatt's Revenge
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Caliber Detective Agency Case Files 1-6
  • Kill Zone (Lucy Guardino FBI Thriller #3)
  • An American Outlaw
  • Justified (Madison Knight, #2)
  • Abduction (A Shefford-Johnson Case, #1)
  • Dark Blonde (Mike Angel Mystery #3)
4711969
Novelist signed to Thomas & Mercer, author of over 40 books, and trial lawyer. Mr. Methos has been fighting for the rights of the individual against the state for over a decade and has used his practice as a criminal defense lawyer as inspiration for his mystery and legal thrillers.

More about Victor Methos...