Frankenstein's Bride: Frankenstein or the Modern Prometheus

Frankenstein's Bride: Frankenstein or the Modern Prometheus

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  4 reviews
With Mary Shelley's Frankenstein included-two tales of terror in one! In this chilling sequel to Mary Shelley's famous tale, Hilary Bailey imagines what might have happened if Frankenstein had created a female companion for his monster.

The story begins in 1826 when a wealthy, young man by the name of Jonathan Goodall is introduced to Dr. Frankenstein, now living in London...more
Published October 1st 2007 by Sourcebooks Landmark

Janice Russell
This deserves a subject heading of it's own - historical horror. Maria is a marvelously odd character, a singer who is mute. I thought the author did a good job of keeping the tone of Shelley's masterpiece, which is included at the end of this book.
Mary Elizabeth Morton
BLAH! I disliked 90% of this book. I only enjoyed the last 25 pages of the book...It was the only interesting part. I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone, unless they have read the original and want to find out more about Frankenstein's Bride.
Simon
I wanted to like this book, but it was a bit ponderous, nothing much happened for the first 150- pages and then when anything did it was a bit of a let down.
Heather Domin
[to be reviewed for HNS Feb. 2008:]
Alice
Alice added it
Jun 12, 2014
Clover
Clover marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Sally
Sally is currently reading it
Apr 29, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2013
Amber Yuan
Amber Yuan marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2013
Joann Jannotte
Joann Jannotte marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2013
stormie
stormie marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
Sundari
Sundari marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2012
Kerrie
Kerrie added it
May 14, 2012
Catsuit
Catsuit marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2011
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2011
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2011
Mrs Rochester: A Sequel to Jane Eyre Cassandra: Princess Of Troy All the Days of My Life The Cry From Street To Street Fifty-First State