Пять эссе на темы этики

Пять эссе на темы этики

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  514 ratings  ·  36 reviews
"Пять эссе на темы этики" включают в себя размышления знаменитого ученого и писателя по поводу аниболее острых нравственных проблем современности.

Содержание

Когда на сцену приходит другой
Осмысляя войну
Вечный фашизм
О прессе
Миграция, терпимость и нестерпимое
Published 2002 by Симпозиум (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Пять эссе на темы этики, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Пять эссе на темы этики

Rise
In his introduction, Umberto Eco writes that the five essays in this book are occasional pieces and ethical pieces. Their occasional nature arises from their being speeches given at some conference or articles commissioned for publication. Their ethical nature is what makes them moral pieces: “they treat of what we ought to do, what we ought not to do, and what we must not do at any cost.”

What we ought to do, or what fans of Eco ought to, is read this short book – a mere 111 pages. I read it in...more
Dustin
Umberto Eco, Five Moral Pieces (New York: Harcourt, Inc., 2001), translated by Alastair McEwen. Pp. 111. Hardcover $23.00.

I had never read anything by Umberto Eco, and I knew that he is a leading thinker of our time. This was the book I picked up to read to acquaint myself with his philosophy and writing style.

It's a fairly short book. It's comprised of five chapters, which are essentially five independent essays. The essays are: Reflections on War, When the Other Appears on the Scene, On the Pr...more
Konsumschnecke
Viele schlaue Sachen hat da der Umberto Eco geschrieben ... mit manchen Sachen allerdings gehe ich etwas auf Kontra ... bzgl. "Kalter Krieg" und so. Trotz allem ... ein Buch, welches Wert hat, gelesen zu werden.
Ferda Nihat Köksoy
BEŞ AHLAK YAZISI
(http://www.kitabinomurgasi.com/2012/1...)
Kitaptan Alıntılar ve Sentezler:
-ENTELEKTÜELLİK DÜRÜSTLÜK, gerçeğin inanılan şeklinin eleştirel olarak, hem de bağlılık ve yoldaşlık dinlemeyecek şekilde, doğrucu Davut misali, ortaya konmasıdır.

-Artık SAVAŞ, çok uluslu kapitalizmin doğası gereği, savaşan cephelerde kalamaz; herkesin cephe gerisi düşmanları ve ortakları vardır. Bilgi teknolojisi hiçbir diktatörün kısıtlayamayacağı boyutta şeffaflığa zorlar. İktidarlar tek merkezli ve tek...more
Héctor
DE LA GUERRA

Es deber intelectual proclamar la imposibilidad de la guerra. Aunque no hubiera solución posible. A lo sumo, recordar que nuestro siglo ha conocido una excelente alternativa a la guerra, es decir, la guerra "fría". Ocasión de horrores, injusticias, intolerancias, conflictos locales, terror difuso, la historia al final deberá admitir que ha sido una solución muy humana y porcentualmente blanda, que ha visto incluso vencedores y vencidos. Pero no es competencia de la función intelectua...more
Zaldi
ini perjumpaan kali kedua dengan Eco,
setelah berhasil melepaskan diri dari cengkraman labirin biara di abad pertengahan namun meninggalkan saya di ujung tanduk lain yang sama gamangnya. menenggelamkan saya kedalam esai esai nya, yang menyoal diskusi tentang tulisannya diseminar dan isu publik.

mungkinkah intelektualitas kita melakukan sesuatu tanpa
melepaskan diri keputusan moral dalam suatu praktik?

sang profesor mengajak saya mencermati substansi persoalan dunia dari dekat, menguliknya, lalu m...more
queli
...la guerra que muta, que ya no es de dos bandos, sino incluyente sin voluntad. El fascismo, que se vuelve posible, con todos sus miedos. Los medios y su poder dada nuestra indiferencia; leemos, vemos y somos lo que merecemos. Los otros, y toda nuestra incongruencia, todoso somos otros para alguien, y en esa bidireccionalidad nos volemos uno. La migración con su tolerancia e intolerancia, nuestras diferencias nos separan por ignorancia, no se nace siendo jurado, se aprende; se educa. Libro para...more
Susan
Skimmed but wasn't overly impressed
Procyon Lotor
La filosofia come attrezzo Gli scritti hanno tenore pratico, ferramente per la realt�. Contiene il fenomenale saggio sull'Ur-Fascismo.
behemothing
Although I don't quite agree with some material with which he predicates his arguments (mostly picky historical bits that I have a tendency to give excessive importance or centrality), I like what Eco wants to do (namely, reflect on 'what it means to be moral or ethical when one doesn't believe in God') and am excited to finish this book and hear his conclusions.
Mairi
A decent read, for a collection of five disconnected essays. The piece on Ur-Fascism is definitely worthwhile, as are the ones on the press (even if Italian-focused, the themes resonant to modern American media) and tolerance & the intolerable. I didn't care for the essay on war; it was too abstract and removed from reality.
Nathan
Eco continues his seemingly endless insights into the modern world. It's unexpected considering his his fiction deals almost entirely with the past. The only low point was his essay on Italian media. I simply couldn't get past the first few pages. It seemed relevant only to those really familiar with that media.
Cynfully Sweet
if 128 pages (maybe 2-3 hrs of reading) is too much for you, at least read Eternal Fascism. Even though I tend to side with George Orwell's definition of fascism, this essay does shed a different light on current American politics.
Enes Ateş
Kök-faşizm gibi ilginç bir tabiri derinleştirmek ilginç! Eco, muhteşem deneme üslubunu medya, tv ve dergiler üzerinden çok değerli çıkarımlar yaparak devam ettirmiş. Strictly advised!
Bkz: Beş Ahlak Yazısı, Can yayınları, çev: kemal atakay
Sunny
A great collection of essays, all with a moral basis that binds them together and will likely bind the reader, as well. A review will be forthcoming, but for the meantime - I think it is a book well worth your time and thought.
Jacques le fataliste et son maître
Essenziale e denso.
Illuminante il saggio sul fascismo eterno.
È ammirevole che qualcuno insista a sottolineare il valore del pensiero chiaro, che procede per idee nitide e soppesate.
Greg
The essay on Ur-fascism is worth the price of the book. You want to know what fascism really is other than an epithet thrown at police officers, read the essay in this book.
Elizabeth
Picked up this book for the first time when the debate on Iraq war was raging (in the weeks pre-invasion); found it chilling in its eloquent stance on war in general.
Frank
These essays are 10 years old now but I still enjoyed following Eco's thinking. He walks directly up to the hard questions and makes thoughtful observations and links.
Katy
Umberto Eco appears to be in the Samuel Huntington camp in his view of coming culture clashes. Serious thinking on ethics for post-ethical times.
Cody
fun & not particularly chitinous romp through morality w/r/t print media, immigration, etc.... "Bite the air, bite the stones"
Chris Schaeffer
The piece on ur-fascism is really useful for thinking about group formation theory and stuff. What a cool review.
Per
Får mig att känna mig smart! En av många kloka män som anar var vi är på väg om intellektet tappar fotfäste i världen.
Linda
Nothing particularly interesting. Liked the essay on faith and the first one on war.
Andrew Kravetz
Heavily euro-centric, but best distinction I've heard between fascism and naziism.
Alex'ra
Umberto Eco will be in Rochester (with Salman Rushdie) on May 1st! And I have tickets!
H Wesselius
interesting, the essay on ur-fascism is very pertinent today.
Boronia
As with all of Eco's work my brain got a good workout.
Nelson
waffly and full of sloppy arguments. disappointing.
Canapial
  • Into the Looking-Glass Wood: Essays on Books, Reading, and the World
  • Lectures and Conversations on Aesthetics, Psychology and Religious Belief
  • Stranger Shores: Essays 1986-1999
  • Theory of Literature
  • My Country Right or Left: 1940-1943 (The Collected Essays, Journalism & Letters, Vol. 2)
  • Krapp's Last Tape and Other Dramatic Pieces
  • Happiness: A History
  • Operette Morali: Essays and Dialogues
  • Strong Opinions
  • Pablo Picasso, 1881-1973: Genius of the Century
Umberto Eco is an Italian writer of fiction, essays, academic texts, and children's books, and certainly one of the finest authors of the twentieth century. A professor of semiotics at the University of Bologna, Eco’s brilliant fiction is known for its playful use of language and symbols, its astonishing array of allusions and references, and clever use of puzzles and narrative inventions. His per...more
More about Umberto Eco...
The Name of the Rose Foucault's Pendulum History of Beauty Baudolino The Island of the Day Before

“... luckily, Eden is soon populated. The ethical dimension begins when the other appears on the scene.” 4 likes
“L'Ur-fascisme croît et cherche le consensus en exploitant et exacerbant la naturelle peur de la différence. Le premier appel d'un mouvement fasciste ou prématurément fasciste est lancé contre les intrus. L'Ur-fascite est donc raciste par définition.” 0 likes