Start by marking “Code Red Lipstick (Jessica Cole: Model Spy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Code Red Lipstick (Jessica Cole: Model Spy, #1)

Code Red Lipstick (Jessica Cole: Model Spy #1)

Models, spies and lipstick gadgets... When Jessica's father, a former spy, vanishes mysteriously, Jessica takes matters into her own hands. She's not just a daddy's girl who's good at striking a pose; she's a trained spook who knows how to take on MI6 and beat them at their own game.
Published June 5th 2014 by Scholastic

Mehsi
Spies + modelling = 2 things combined that I loved. I adore spy books, I love books about modelling and this one combines the two in a perfect harmony.

Jessica is a great character, though at times I was shaking my head at her. She jumps to conclusions instantly, never caring to check if they are true or not, and even when people talk to her about them, or try to tell her otherwise, she is stubborn and keeps to her views. It was at times frustrating, especially as it caused her harm and brought h
Colette
Jun 10, 2016 Colette rated it liked it
Shelves: wishlist
Yes this book was cheesy, predictable, and maybe had a bit too many cliche spy references; but honestly, that's why I enjoyed it. Code Red Lipstick is a fast, fun spy story with all you could want. The plot provided entertainment and immersed me in Jessica Cole's life. Overall 3/5 stars; I'm excited to see what happens next in Jessica's adventures.
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
When I was contacted in regards to reviewing Code Red Lipstick I didn't hesitate in saying yes, it sounded like a fun read, with some really great detective work. The first chapter of the book had me worried over what was happening to Jessica, it also gave me a scene that I could not wait to reach and get the bigger picture.

Jessica is endearing, head strong and determined to find her dad, and clear his name. She manages to get her modelling company to snag her a job in Paris, giving her an alibi
Ipshita
The story isn't as much fun as I hoped it would be. However, I can't fault the characters or writing for it. Maybe I've read a few too many YA spy novels, they are starting to seem similar to one another.
Michelle Toy
**This review was originally posted on www.talesofyesterday.co.uk**

Wow! This book had everything I could possibly want from a book! A strong main character, super cool gadgets, super gorgeous dresses , mystery, an evil villain and the possibility of putting you off face cream for life! I loved every second of reading this book and Sarah Sky pulls you right into the action, danger and suspense with twisty turns and a trip to Paris!

Code Red Lipstick is the 1st book in the Jessica Cole Model Spy Se
Emma
Sep 25, 2015 Emma rated it really liked it
A brilliant original novel by Sarah Sky, Code Red Lipstick made me want to go back to being a teenager and having an ex-spy as my Dad- how badass and awesome would that be? Well I felt as if I was on this spy adventure with Jessica myself!

When Jessica's father disappears Jessica is given the code red and despite Jessica insisting on helping find her Dad, MI6 are having none of it- I mean she's just a teenager right? Well she may be a teen but she knows all the tricks in the book and decided to t
Lucy Powrie
Distinctive and original, Code Red Lipstick is the outstanding debut novel of a future UKYA star. Sky is the UK equivalent of Ally Carter, with Code Red Lipstick exceeding the Gallagher Girls books in many ways.

Jessica Cole’s father is a former spy, having to turn into a private detective after developing MS. When he disappears, MI6 refuse to let Jessica help, so she takes matters into her own hands. On her own in Paris, Jessica’s investigation leads her to find out about Allegra Knight, former
Ayra Pirante
Jul 26, 2016 Ayra Pirante rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a light read to pass time, try this one.

I finished this book in one day in the hopes of clearing up my reading slump. And it did help! It was a light quick read. I have read other books that are very similar to this that's why it's too predictable. It didn't bother me though; I find it too cute.

Jessica is a model who's father went missing. Well, his father is actually a spy and she learned spy 101 from him. She tries to balance her modelling career and finding her dad.

All
Amalie
Mixed fellings about this one, most of it felt really dragged, but the ending just really picked up the pace.
Liz
Feb 14, 2015 Liz rated it really liked it
I have always loved spy books and grew up with series like Alex Rider and the Gallagher Girls, so naturally I was very curious about Code Red Lipstick. After reading it, I can safely say that I really haven't changed at all - I still think spy books are awesome, and I will be looking forward to adding the rest of this series to my collection.

I really liked Jessica. She and her dad had a close relationship, which was nice to see, and he was the one who readied her for the world of spies. Her dad
Rachel Hamilton
Aug 19, 2014 Rachel Hamilton rated it it was amazing
In a world of feisty, butt-kicking teenage heroines, Jessica Cole (Model Spy) is as feisty and butt-kicky as they come (unsurprising given Sarah Sky is a brown belt in karate and knows how to use the hidden gadgets in an armoured car to destroy a vehicle in pursuit. Kapow!)

I’d definitely want Jessica Cole on my side in a fight. With a jab to the solar plexus and a fist to the nose, she single-handedly decks school bully, Tommy Williams, and when she catches him bullying a younger child she zaps
Bronwyn
Mar 12, 2015 Bronwyn rated it really liked it
Erica D`souza
Apr 07, 2016 Erica D`souza rated it it was ok
I thought this book would be really good and I would possibly finish it in one sitting, I didn't.
I have no complaints as such, the book was ok.

I don't want to give anything away but you see, when you focus on one person as a criminal and there are two people standing for the position, a smart reader or any reader who pays close attention will realize it's the other one .

As for Jessica, the photoshoots were described well. The gadgets given to her were typical, spy kids! Ah, that's right! Now
Maia Moore
Jul 07, 2015 Maia Moore rated it really liked it
Original review posted here

I was lucky enough to win a set of the Jessica Cole books in a competition, so big thanks to Scholastic and Faye Rogers for my set.

I've heard great things about these books, but I was a little wary: as an older Young Adult reader, I was worried I'd be a little too old for this series. I'm also not really very interested in fashion and modelling and such so I wasn't sure it would be my cup of tea.

I am, however, a fan of spies and mysteries and kick ass female characters
Anya (An Awful Lot of Reading)
Jun 11, 2015 Anya (An Awful Lot of Reading) rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
This reminded me of a cross between Geek Girl and Agent Cody Banks. I might have been a bit too old for it, but it was an enjoyable and quite clever story with a really interesting and fun main character. I really liked Jessica from the off; she had just the right balance of not too full of herself or her abilities, stubborn but not reckless. She obviously would do anything to save her dad and she worked with that, as did her enemies.

There were some surprisingly complex characters, from her dad
Sophie
I have to confess that I was a little reluctant to read Code Red Lipstick, but it eventually won me over. It’s fast-paced, easy to read and lots of fun.

Now I’m a big fan of America’s Next Top Model. I love all of the wacky clothes, the crying and bitching, but it’s the photo shoots and resulting pictures that I’m in it for and Sarah Sky delivers some really excellent scenes with Jessica struggling with ridiculous shoots just like the poor girls on ANTM. In fact, the novel opens with one! It was
Antonia Lindsay
Jun 03, 2014 Antonia Lindsay rated it it was amazing
A feisty teenage girl on a James Bond style spy adventure – what’s not to love?

Code Red Lipstick is built on plenty of fast-paced action and a twisty plot that keeps the pages turning.
Schoolgirl and model, Jessica Cole is accustomed to helping out her ex-M16 father with his detective work, and all her skills certainly come in useful when she discovers him missing. Her search takes her to Paris where she discovers her father’s disappearance tied to the sinister secrets buried deep in the labs of
Rachel A.
Apr 09, 2015 Rachel A. rated it really liked it
Code Red Lipstick is the first book in the Jessica Cole Novel Series. I wasn't particularly sure that I would like this book, because Spy/Mystery Stories have never really appealed to me. However, this book positively surprised me and exceeding my pretty low expectations.

I had pretty low expectations for this book, not because I didn't think the author was very good, but because I wasn't really a fan of the genre and I personally hadn't heard any outstanding reviews of the book.

So this book is a
Rachael
Oct 26, 2014 Rachael rated it it was amazing
I am posting this review on behalf of my daughter who LOVED this book:

Jessica Cole, Model Spy, Code Red Lipstick...
Is awesome! I loved it!
The characters were fun and interesting I love Jessica's relationship with Becky and Mattie and the way she is interested in Jamie is hilarious!

I love all the high tech gadgets and gizmos my fave would probably be the laser rings and grappling hook bracelet.

I love the twist at the end and all the out-of-the-box ideas to kill Jessica... poisoning a dress.... c
Alana Pike
Nov 30, 2014 Alana Pike rated it really liked it
The book 'Model spy' by Sarah Sky is about a young girl named Jessica Cole who is a model but a spy when needed. After Jessica's father mysteriously goes missing, she leans to MI6 for help. But when MI6 refuses to help, she takes it upon herself to find and rescue her dad. In this book you will be able to enjoy the thrill Jessica experiences, but also the terrors and challenges she faces.

This book is written in 3rd person but is limited, they are not able to understand everyones feelings. As wel
Mandy Rosas
Jan 16, 2015 Mandy Rosas rated it really liked it
Originally posted on BookWorm.

More on the younger side of YA, Code Red Lipstick was an enjoyable, quirky and funny ride the whole way through.
Jessica did show her age at times, but the mix of fashion with espionage worked weirdly well together, and made for a truly good ride. The reason why it's a 4/5 was that it felt like we were just skimming the top of the characters.
The villain was intriguing, if predictable, and the mole inside MI6 was pretty clear from almost the get-go. And despite the go
Gem Routledge
Jul 17, 2014 Gem Routledge rated it really liked it
A fun and fresh take on contemporary fiction - it blends everything I love about books; engaging characters, an exciting plot and the ability for me to picture what is happening. Jessica Cole is great - a modern day Nancy Drew (kind of like a grown up Ruby Redfort by Lauren Child) combined with an even more sarky version of Harriet Manners in Holly Smale's Geek Girl. Even though I'm comparing the characters, they are different enough for it to be a totally different reading experience - Jessica ...more
Claire
Apr 20, 2015 Claire rated it it was amazing
This review was dictated by my 11 year old daughter:

Dear Sarah Sky, I am absolutely loving your series Model Spy. They are inspiring, intelligent and loving books. One amazing thing about you is that you manage to think up a different story-line for each book yet still manage to keep up the excitement and thrill. You manage to make Jessica (the heroine) not just beautiful but smart and caring. You manage to make Allegra (one of the villains) terrible but we still feel sorry for her and understan
Jo Hughes
Aug 22, 2015 Jo Hughes rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Faye and Scolastic for sending me a copy of these books in exchange for a fair and honest review.

The pace of this book is set from the very first page where Jessica is on a modelling assignment before school as she is only 14. Jessica is shocked to find she hasn't received a text message from her overprotective dad who has OSDS (Overprotective Single Dad Syndrome). She is even more shocked to find that he has gone missing along with the man who was supposed to be looking fo
Christina Banach
Sep 03, 2014 Christina Banach rated it it was amazing
Move over Alex Rider, there’s a new spy in town and she’s coming to kick your butt! Code Red Lipstick, starring Jessica Cole, teen model turned spy, is fantastic fun. First of all there’s the fast-paced plot, which is full of twists and turns that will have you turning/swiping the pages at a rate of knots. Next, there’s a terrific main character who is not only resourceful, clever and feisty but also vulnerable enough for you to root for her all the way. And then there are the gadgets – and what ...more
Elizabeth
Feb 13, 2015 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
This book is full of twists and turns that kept me turning the page, and the ending made me want to go straight out and buy the next book. Had it not been quite late when I finished this book last night, I probably would have.
I loved Jessica's character, I thought she was a mixture of Harriet from Geek Girl and Cammie from the Gallagher Girls books - two of my favourite series! I really enjoyed reading this book and I can't wait to read the next one! I'm so glad it's already out, or else I'd be
Cat
This is a fun series if you enjoy your hero with a bit of sass and a background in secret agent! I thought i'd be put off by the model stuff but actually the observations are very healthy, depicting modelling, quite frankly, as a truly awful profession to work in. There's also quite a health attitude towards appearance which I appreciated. As storylines go it was okay, kept me turning the pages and whiled the day away quite nicely.
Currently 3 in the series.

Also:
Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter (11
Smily
I stopped reading about 20ish pages in. Because who the fuck disregards professional agents (professional fucking M16 agents...are you kidding me???) because you, a 14 year old girl, think that you know better because your dad gave you minimal agent "training"?? They tell her not to go chasing after her missing dad, and, what does she do? She runs off to find her dad. And then she gets caught on the train ride there...and she still insists that she's going. She's practically saying that she know ...more
Radford Secondary Library
Jessica Cole is just your average teenager, except when she's strutting down the glamorous catwalks of Paris. When her father, a former spy, vanishes mysteriously, Jessica takes matters into her own hands. She's not just good at striking a pose, she's going to take on MI6 and beat them at their own game.
Kate
  • The Baby
  • Dead Romantic
  • Me and Mr J
  • Cross My Heart
  • Dead Jealous (Poppy Sinclair, #1)
  • Love Bomb (Ladybirds, #2)
  • Hidden Among Us (Hidden Among Us #1)
  • Remix
  • Under My Skin
  • Crow Moon (Crow Moon, #1)

Jessica Cole: Model Spy (3 books)
  • Fashion Assassin (Jessica Cole: Model Spy, #2)
  • Catwalk Criminal (Jessica Cole: Model Spy, #3)