Start by marking “Splitting Heirs: Giving Money & Things to Your Children Without Ruining Their Lives” as Want to Read:

Finish well. That is what we are called to do in Scripture, but where will our money and possessions finish? The Bible has the principles that provide answers to the challenge of parenting and passing along an in heritage. Within the next decade, over ONE TRILLION DOLLARS will change hands from one generation to the next. Individuals with adult children will need to transf ...more
Published March 1st 2004 by Northfield Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Splitting Heirs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Splitting Heirs

Rachel
Jul 05, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A must read for everyone. Common sense mixed with some wake-up-and-smell-the-coffee -- you're going to die and what you do or don't do about your God given resources is of utmost and lasting importance. It really got me thinking about what we need to do about preparing our will and considering our estate. Be prepared for him to suggest that the way we do estate planning in America is very haphazard and potentially destructive for us heirs. We may need to --GASP-- not just split our money among t
Randy Alcorn
Inheritance is risky business, often damaging lives, marriages and children. Few of us bring an eternal perspective to leaving money behind or to handling unearned wealth. But God has entrusted us with His assets and we need to consider how best to invest them in eternity. Ron Blue sets our sights high, offering biblical and practical insights on a vital subject. Ron has written some fine books, but none more important or timely than this one.
May 11, 2016 Laura rated it liked it
Glad I read it, but this is not my type of book. :) Jeff loved it though. Helpful to think practically about how to best plan for $$$ now in order to use it wisely until and after we die. And the importance of discussing this with heirs and professionals.
David
Mar 20, 2015 David rated it liked it
Chps 5 and 7 useful
Kimberly Norton
Jun 29, 2016 Kimberly Norton rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. God owns it all and we are just stewards.
David Ellis
Nov 05, 2008 David Ellis is currently reading it
Christian Financial Planning guide based on Biblical Wisdom and Stewardship Principles. Basis of my Finacial/Estate Planning Practice through World Capital Consulting.
Douglas Wilson
Didn't agree with the particular emphasis he placed on giving to charity over against family, but the principles were good and the book contained a lot of valuable info.
Rob
Rob rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2013
Randy
Randy rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Drew
Drew rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2012
Melyssa
Melyssa rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2017
Garen
Garen rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2016
A
A rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Kathleen Williamson
Kathleen Williamson rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Robin Janda
Robin Janda rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2017
Marty Brown
Marty Brown rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2017
Brad Hulse
Brad Hulse rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2017
Kathryn I. Anderson
Kathryn I. Anderson rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2017
Gregory A. Pearson
Gregory A. Pearson rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Tonya Syers
Tonya Syers rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2017
Jenaye White
Jenaye White rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2017
Joseph
Joseph rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2017
Erin Hutton
Erin Hutton rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2007
Dave
Dave rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Josh Davis
Josh Davis rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Roger Gum
Roger Gum rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2013
Jen
Jen rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Oru Solomon
Oru Solomon rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2015
Ron Mackey
Ron Mackey rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2016
Adrienna
Adrienna rated it it was ok
Jan 15, 2009
Ron Blue. Following his graduation from Indiana University in 1967 with a master’s in business administration, Ron joined the management group of Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co. and worked with the firm in New York City, Dallas, and San Francisco.
In 1970, Ron founded an Indianapolis-based CPA firm that has grown to be one of the 50 largest CPA firms in the United States. Leaving the CPA firm in
More about Ron Blue...