Library Design

Library Design

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The repositories of human wisdom and experience through the ages, libraries are one of our most valuable cultural resources. This stimulating volume showcases some of the most interesting library design trends and developments from around the world. Covering both public and private libraries, as well as bookstores, you?ll see a wide variety of ways to arrange and store boo...more
Published November 15th 2007 by Te Neues Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Library Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Library Design

Brendon Schrodinger
This small volume is more coffee table book than anything of substance. The "library design" is more like "here's heaps of photos of cool looking libraries", which is fine if that's what you want. It is full to the brim with glossy pictures of all types of libraries, personal and public, ultra-modern, traditional, opulent and functional.

Some of my favourites are the Seattle Central Library:

The Stud Skeleton Library, Virginia:

Scholar's Library, Olivebridge, New York:

Ben
This is not the first book that I've been the first person on Goodreads to rate and review. Ok. A. My tastes aren't that far from the mainstream, I mean I haven't read Kiterunner but still, it's not like I read anything too crazy. I'm just an architect who likes books. That's not too weird. B. That's kind of a lot of pressure. I mean, anyone who's checking out this book to possibly read it, all they've got is me.

Anyways, this book was alright. The subject matter was obviously what drew me too it...more
Pedro Martins
This book has some great pictures, which are really why one would want to take a look at this book, but the details about each library are very brief and their being in 5 languages takes up a lot of text that could have been used to include more in depth descriptions in a single language.
Nicole Batistela
Nicole Batistela marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Cherie
Cherie marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Polly
Polly added it
May 08, 2014
Omar
Omar marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2013
Nanik
Nanik added it
Jan 31, 2013
Dominika
Dominika marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2011
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2011
Angélique
Angélique marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2011
Amanda
Amanda added it
Mar 24, 2010
Lula
Lula added it
Jun 22, 2009
Jeana
Jeana marked it as to-read
May 23, 2009
Diane
Diane added it
Oct 13, 2008
The Government of Childhood: Discourse, Power and Subjectivity Your Untapped Source: Discovering Your Kingdom Position Eco Urban Design Eco-Library Design