Start by marking “Beach Blondes: June Dreams / July's Promise / August Magic (Summer, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Beach Blondes: June Dreams / July's Promise / August Magic (Summer, #1-3)

Beach Blondes: June Dreams / July's Promise / August Magic (Summer #1-3)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  4,922 Ratings  ·  261 Reviews
Three months. Three guys. One amazing summer.

Summer Smith is in for the best summer of her life. Between the cold weather and her boyfriendless existence in Minnesota, Summer is ready for sun, sand, and boys in the Florida Keys. And by the end of the first day, she has more than enough to keep her busy: Adam, the senator's son, has looks, power, and all the money in the wo
Published May 6th 2008 by Simon Pulse (first published April 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Beach Blondes, please sign up.

Zo It's a series and now there's beach blondes, spring break, tan lines, and some Christmas romance book
Najma In this book there are 721 pages. :)

Sam Marie
Feb 14, 2016 Sam Marie rated it really liked it
Let me just start by saying this book was NOT the way I expected it to be. I mean, just read the discription. Sounds like a boring pointless girl book with pointless girl drama, right? Well, yeah, it was, but don't get me wrong! I was really impressed by how decent the plot was, and how it was never boring (I mean, it takes talent to not make a 700+ paged book not be boring at times). There was always action and they even took on some serious issues like rape and depression and didn't make
May 09, 2012 Melinda rated it it was amazing
Perfect summer read. It is kind of long (721 pages) though, so you might not want to read it at the beach... if you want to keep your book in a good condition :)

"Three months. Three guys. One amazing summer.

Adam, the senator's son, has looks
Kaeley Little
Oct 10, 2012 Kaeley Little rated it it was amazing
In the book "Beach Blondes", the author did not directly state the purpose for writing this book. I think that the reason the author wrote the book was to inspire teen girls to be them self and that friends should come before boyfriends or else things could become confusing.
Another reason I think that the author wrote this book was to entertain young people and to also keep the readers wanting more. That is why I think that the author chose to write this book.

The author did not directly state t
Jennifer Maloney
Aug 16, 2014 Jennifer Maloney rated it liked it
It wasn't terrible but I would've edited it a lot differently than it was. For the most part, it was just a bubblegum fun story with not much substance. Great for some no brainer evenings of fun reading.

About the bad editing, there were several parts that repeated themselves almost word for word with other parts in the book, and some instances where there were total misspellings of words or wrong character names used. So unprofessional, in my opinion!
Aug 18, 2016 Emerald rated it it was amazing
***Spoiler Free Summary*** By Emerald BookWorm

One those books you don't judge by it's cover. /// This is more than a summer silly read. /// It went far deeper and more serious than I would of ever thought and I loved it! /// I would totally read this again. I loved the summer fun and the characters but also the serious issues that were dealt with in this series. /// Don't miss out on this series guys!
~Hannah S.
Sep 28, 2011 ~Hannah S. rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Beach Blondes

Summer Smith doesn’t want to have just another lame summer in Minnesota. She wants to get away from the cold. That’s why she moves down to Crab Claw Key Florida with he cousin Diana. Besides all of the fun she is having with her friends and he new boyfriend Summer has to work at the Crab n’ Conch restaurant with her friend Marquez. Marquez notices that Summer and the main cook J.T. have some weird connection. They get burns at the exact same time and same place, they say the same t
Sophia Christina
Jul 24, 2010 Sophia Christina rated it really liked it
I LOVE this series!
Its soooo good! It makes me want to move to the Keys and just have a fun time.
Just to make it clear, the order of the series is Beach Blondes, Spring Break, Tan Lines, Sun Kissed Christmas.
This series was actually written in the 90's but they republished it and replaced it with modern day celebrities. They also changed the title of the book and the covers. Beach Blondes is three books of the old series in one.
On more info on the old series check out this link!
Jun 01, 2011 Alana rated it it was amazing
I really ended up enjoying this book. Things happen very quickly, you get hooked within the first 20 pages! This was a perfect summer read and I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series! I couldn't help but smile and feel warm and fuzzy inside while reading about Summer and Seth, and they added interesting elements to the story so it wasn't just focused on the 3 guys. All in all, it was a very enjoyable book and I think that it's perfect for those people who love ...more
Emma Donald
Mar 24, 2014 Emma Donald rated it it was amazing
I decided to read 'Beach Blondes', written by Katherine Applegate, because my friend recommended it to me as an interesting read. The brightly coloured cover also caught my eye, and when I read the blurb on the back it seemed like a decent book, so I got it out.

My favourite setting in Beach Blondes was the scene in the underground caves, where Seth and Summer had gotten trapped on a small, desolate island while scuba diving in an underwater cave. There had been a cave-in, causing them to find an
Dec 19, 2012 Sophie rated it really liked it
I had no expectations when starting this book because I hadn't really heard anything about it, I just saw it on sale in my book shop and decided to give it a read. But I was pleasantly surprised.

The plot. I really did enjoy the plot. This book is definitely not your regular summer read, there is a lot of family mystery and drama as well as the typical boy and friend drama as well as rape, depression and suicide which I definitely was not expecting from this book but I did think that it add to th
Kim Smiley
Jul 12, 2012 Kim Smiley rated it liked it
I wish we could give half stars because I would really give this 3 1/2. What a long book but i finished it in 2 days.

This book is about Summer. She lives in Minnesota and has the chance to spend her summer vacation with her Aunt and cousin at their home in Crab Claw Key Florida. She's sohappy to go and get away from all the cold and snow.

On the plane down there, she meets a guy who ends up kissing her in the photo booth in the airport once they land. She is surprised but he is cute. But she doe
Aug 17, 2010 Nikki rated it liked it
I started reading this book because my 15 year old daughter said I had to. Lol I thought it was a fun read, very easy. I became attached to the characters the more I got into the story. There were times that I laughed out loud, got chocked up, had my stomach in knots, and felt love struck. Not a whole lot of deep thoughts and I figured out parts of the story before the author revealed the answers. The REALLY ANNOYING thing about the book, was the constant repeating of things that you already kne ...more
May 15, 2010 Michael rated it did not like it
I bought this book thinking it would be alot better then today's the book and the story look very promising.

The story is about a girl name Summer Smith going to Florida for the summer. A Tarot card reader tells her she will meet three guys, The perfect one, dangerous and mysterious. We meet Diana, who's depressing after something bad to her. Along the way she make friends with a girl name Marquez and meets three guys name Seth, Adam and Diver.

There were a few errors in the book like with the w
Marissa Marzano
Jun 17, 2012 Marissa Marzano rated it it was amazing

For a girl who really isn't patient, and didn't have a lot of time on her hands, i still made a consious effort to read, from cover to cover, this 720 page book.

I'm a real big sucker for summer teen drama novels, I don't know why, i just am, but this book is just perfect for those who need a book to read on the beach.

It incompasses everything that sound happen in a regular summer holiday for a 17 year old girl. Sand, sun, sea and sex. Love it.

This novel was just another book that
Mar 25, 2011 Alyssa rated it it was amazing
I usually don't buy books like these, that look girly. Well I thought about it && the more I thought about it I thought that maybe this isnt something to pass up. Reluctantly I bought it, after reading about the 13th page and I was hooked! The dont judge a book by a cover slapped me across the face with this one. It isnt what you think it will be. MUST READ! I love this book. You hope for Summer, but even more secretly you hope for Marquez<3 It's funny, frustrating, and completely ama ...more
Mar 15, 2016 Irina marked it as to-read
This book is called Beach Blondes and was written by K. A. Applegate. It is not hard to read and doesn 19t have hard language. There are 721 pages and was published on May 6th 2008 by Simon Pulse. I chose to read this book because I was recommended to, and also because I read it on my summer vacation, and what happens in this book also connects to the summer holidays.
This book is about a girl called Summer. She lives and goes to school in Bloomington, but her aunt and cousin are in Florida Keys
Mar 05, 2016 Madeleine rated it it was amazing
I read this entire book in one day. Even though I had school. I couldn't put it down because it's so amazing.
Even though I read this book 2 years ago, I still open it sometimes and read.

I love that there are a lot more books in this series. I think I loved every single one.

I would recommend this as a Summer read. I did read it in February, so it doesn't really matter... But I know that I would have loved it even more if I would have read it in the summer.

The main character summer, omg i'm so
Oct 24, 2014 Bridget rated it really liked it
OMG..Finally Finished it!!

There were a few times there that I wasn't quite so sure I would make it through this book! And it's not that it wasn't a good book, it was just long! I had a few times of being bored so I would put it down for a few hours or until the next day then when I picked it up again, I was able to get back into it.

And, have I said lately that I hate this cover?!?! lol

Summer Blondes is a bind up of three books, set in three months of summer. There is so much that went on in thi
Emily Cummings
Mar 22, 2016 Emily Cummings rated it really liked it
Beach Blondes is a perfect book to read on the beach, which is what I did. You are introduced to Summer, a perfect, nice girl from Minnesota. Summer is desperate to get away from freezing cold Minnesota and live with her aunt and cousin in Florida for the summer. On the plane ride Summer is introduced to a lady who reads tarot cards. The tarot card lady reads Summer her cards and tells her that over the summer she will meet three boys, a dangerous one, a mysterious one, and one that will seem to ...more
Aug 31, 2015 Joey rated it really liked it
Really loved this book, very playful, very light hearted but does have really strong issues that are serious issues that need to be talked about and people really need to get an understanding on like depression and suicide. Definitely a summer read. Totally enjoyed this book. And I definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone!!!
Feb 19, 2012 Rheagen rated it did not like it
One word: horrendous. It was just plain boring The main character.. Dull. The plot.. Where was it exactly?. And it went by too quickly for me.. There was no definite theme either.. I just don't understand why most enjoy such books... *pondering*
Jun 08, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it
Well, I rated this based on how much I enjoyed reading it. It's pretty much just a soap opera wrapped up into 600 pages. So, for a summer trash novel I'd give it five stars. But for what an easy read it was, i'd take off one.
Jun 28, 2014 Carson rated it it was ok
721 pages of me being annoyed.
The summary on the back I feel like was what the book COULD HAVE been. Honestly, the only real exciting parts were with Diana- who I liked three times better than the other characters. Summer was your typical ditsy-blonde. The way she acted around all of the guys annoyed me. I didn't partcularly like Marquez either- whom I found selfish and immature despite JTs words to her at the end. Oh, and the brother situation. First, I thought it was a cool (but a little ridic
Ashlynn Armstrong
Mar 29, 2016 Ashlynn Armstrong rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
This book was about a girl named Summer who's aunt invited her to spend her vacation with her in Florida. Summer being from Minnesota quickly agrees. She feels like getting away from home will do just the trick of relieving some stress. Well when she gets there her cousin isn't very nice at first and she has to choose between 3 boys who all like her.

I really enjoyed this book. The author wrote it in a way that made me feel like I was actually there. I was not fond of the picture on the cover of
Jan 10, 2014 Maddie rated it it was amazing
I really like this reading not just this book, but the entire series. I really like how Summer, the main character comes from Minnesota, which is where I happen to be from. Applegate does a very good job of coming up with very realistic scenarios that Summer, her cousin Diana, and her best friend Marquez all encounter together. This series has lots of plot twists and turns, with Summer and Diana both cheating on guys, Summer getting trapped in an underwater cave with her now ex-boyfriend Seth, M ...more
Jun 25, 2014 Lissa rated it liked it
I would like to start off with saying that this is not the book you assume it is from the front cover. It LOOKS vapid and frivolous. This was actually one of my favorite book series as a child (around 10 years old. I don't recommend this book for 10 year-olds, mind you) and I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did then, rereading it as an adult. I was wrong.

It's about a girl experiencing first love and heartbreak, discovering who she really is (blah blah blah) for sure but it's very real.
Apr 23, 2014 Michaela rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2013 Kennedy rated it it was amazing
This book is something great to read during the summer & deserves to be read!!
Abigail Bowman
Jul 10, 2015 Abigail Bowman rated it it was amazing
One of those times that you don't just judge a book by it's cover.
Nov 02, 2015 Jenn rated it really liked it
This is actually 3 books in one and was a mega impulse buy for me one day at Half Price Books. Normally, the cheesy cover would have thrown me off but I am so glad I gave it a chance. I wasn't expecting so many feels with a silly summer book. Because this is way more than just "fun in the sun" and summer romances. (Although it does have that too!)

Summer Smith (yep, her name really is Summer) is hating life right's February in Minnesota and her boots are full of cold, wet slush. There wa
What's The Name o...: summer [s] 7 56 Mar 06, 2014 03:06PM
Worth reading? 9 48 Jan 12, 2014 01:25PM
  • Summer Girls (Summer Girls, #1)
  • Meet Me at the Boardwalk
  • The Year I Turned Sixteen (The Year I Turned Sixteen, #1-4)
  • Forever Summer (Laguna Cove & Cruel Summer)
  • Rich Boys (Island Summer, #2)
  • Caribbean Cruising
  • Cruel Summer (Fast Girls, Hot Boys, #1)
  • The Summer of Skinny Dipping (Summer, #1)
  • Slept Away
  • Fireworks (Four Summer Stories)
  • Sun-Kissed
  • Sleepaway Girls (Whispering Pines, #1)
  • Endless Summer (The Boys Next Door, #1-2)
Applegate was born in Michigan in 1956. Since then she has lived in Texas, Florida, California, Minnesota, Illinois, North Carolina, and after living in Pelago, Italy for a year, she has moved back to Southern California. She has an eleven year old son named Jake Mates, although she says the Animorph leader is not named after him. In 2003 she and her husband, Michael Grant, her co-author on many p ...more
More about Katherine Applegate...

Summer (8 books)
  • June Dreams (Summer, #1)
  • July's Promise (Summer, #2)
  • August Magic (Summer, #3)
  • Spring Break (Summer, #4)
  • Sand, Surf, and Secrets (Summer, #5)
  • Rays, Romance, and Rivalry (Summer, #6)
  • Beaches, Boys, and Betrayal (Summer #7)
  • Sun-Kissed Christmas (Summer #8)

“You can't have real pain without real love. You can't feel grief and loss and hurt without real love. Love is the only way you can ever be really hurt deep down.” 114 likes
“She got up and went to her tiny kitchen. On the way she turned on her radio. "You want something to eat?" she called over her shoulder.

"What do you have?"

"Um..." She opened her refrigerator. "Milk, yogurt, and wilted lettuce." She checked her cupboard. "Cheerios. Instant grits. Sorry-- I figured that since this is technically the South, I should try grits. Ah-hah! Pop-Tarts."

"Pop-Tarts! All right," he said enthusiastically. He came to join her as she loaded the toaster. "Life. It just doesn't get any better than this. You and Pop-Tarts.”