Start by marking “Gemstone” as Want to Read:
Gemstone

Gemstone

3.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  243 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
"But I can't give you what you want," she murmured urgently.

A day of her time was all Geoffrey Parker wanted. Once he'd had it all. Sara had been his wife, an eighteen-year-old Iowa farm girl invading the Parker's fabulous domain of wealth and power. For two years Sara had submitted to Cecelia Parker's indomitable will, then left to make it on her own. Eight years -- Geof
Paperback, Candlelight Ecstasy Romance, #186, 188 pages
Published November 1st 1983 by Dell Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Gemstone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gemstone

Season
Sep 26, 2011 Season rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This one was a little too wordy for me, not enough dialoge. Could have used a little less description also, but otherwise, it was a simple read, nice on a quiet day.
Rita
Oct 24, 2015 Rita rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was my least favorite of Barbara Delinsky's books that I've read so far. It seemed almost feudal in the relationship between Jeff and Sara. He can't possibly believe the situation he's set up for her will be acceptable, and....well, it's just not as believable a story as I usually enjoy from this author.
Louise
Apr 10, 2009 Louise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: women-s-fiction
This was a nice, easy, afternoon read!

From back cover:

"It's been eight years since Sara McCray has seen her ex-husband, Jeff Parker, after she fled their San Francisco mansion and stifling life controlled by his domineering mother. But the naive young bride has returned a confident woman with her own business. Jeff, too, has changed. Since his mother's death he's become his own man, masterfully in control of the family business and estate.

When they meet, the strong attraction that brought them t
Kay
Jun 08, 2016 Kay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast reading love story. The deal is made but the two lovers must finally admit to each other that they have that lasting love. An interesting story but not too much meat to it.
Tina
2.5 stars.
Patricia Robinson olson
excellent
Skate Penny
Ohh. It's really a lovely romantic novel. Very easy to read. At first I thought... what kind is this? Just because of a very shallow and petty proposal they're gonna remarry? But then I realized the depth of the decisions that they made. Tugged my heartstrings to the fullest! It's not my fave Delinsky book though but it's alright. Hihi. :)
Aryan
Jul 16, 2013 Aryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Greetings,
I have read this book earlier which made me go through gaining knowledge on gemstones.
And so i visited Gemstoneuniverse which is located in bangalore and had a wonderful experience over there. It have variety of jyotish quality gemstones at http://www.gemstoneuniverse.com

VLynch
Dec 30, 2011 VLynch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama
Another good Barbara Delinsky book, not as raw or as emotional as While my Sister Sleeps or a few of her other books. This one is more of a cold winter pajama day wrapped up in a Snuggie sipping hot chocolate easy to read romance. As always the writing and storyline flows effortless.
April Suter
Very 80's glamour. Sara and her ex has been divorced for 8 years and she comes home to a funeral for their friends and Jeff has the couple's little girl. He makes a crazy proposal and maybe it just might work.
306 pages
Linda Marie
Dec 26, 2010 Linda Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite Barbara Delinsky book, hands down. The book is very 80s, but at the heart is a great love story. I have gone back to re-read several times.
Trish Mitchell
i really enjoyed this books but then again i haven't read one of her books i didn't like
Becky
Jan 21, 2012 Becky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was my first Barbara Delinsky book I read. I liked it very much. A good read
Amanda
Jul 16, 2009 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good book!
Debbie Wood
Debbie Wood rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Sierra Savelle
Sierra Savelle marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Lori Daley
Lori Daley marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Bea
Bea is currently reading it
Aug 02, 2016
Cyn
Cyn rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
SLeePyTooN
SLeePyTooN rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Caryn
Caryn rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Mindi
Mindi marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Edna Edwards
Edna Edwards rated it did not like it
Jun 23, 2016
Graham White
Graham White rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Rebekah Grace
Rebekah Grace rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2016
  • The Courtship of Carol Sommars
  • Lost Yesterday
  • This Time Forever
  • Military Daddy (Mounted Color Guard, #2)
  • Dream a Little Dream
  • The Night Remembers
  • Twins
  • Always and Forever
  • Murder, Mayhem, and a Fine Man (Amanda Bell Brown Mystery, #1)
  • Wicked Eddies (An RM Outdoor Adventures Mystery #2)
  • Lace II
  • A Woman of Cairo
  • Tangled Vines
  • Chocolate for a Teen's Soul: Life-Changing Stories For Young Women About Growing Wise and Growing Strong
  • Kindred Spirits
  • Season of Passion
A pseudonym used by Barbara Delinsky

Barbara Ruth Greenberg was born on August 9, 1945, in Newton, a suburb of Boston, Massachusetts, where she raised in a family of lawyers. Her mother died of breast cancer, when she was eight, it was the defining event of a childhood that was otherwise ordinary. She took piano lessons and flute lessons. She took ballroom dancing lessons. She went to summer camp t
More about Bonnie Drake...