Start by marking “The Right Hand of God (Fire of Heaven, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Right Hand of God (Fire of Heaven, #3)

The Right Hand of God (Fire of Heaven #3)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  531 ratings  ·  31 reviews
The company has been scattered far and wide in its mission to prepare Faltha for war - now the armies of the Destroyer are near and invasion is imminent.

Leith has returned to the city of Instruere. Bearing with him the legendary JugomArk, thousands flock to him to fight for Faltha in the coming battle. But Leith struggles to accept their faith in him, and his role as custo
Mass Market Paperback, 665 pages
Published March 1st 2008 by Orbit (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Right Hand of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Right Hand of God

Maria
The ending! A great read that pulls everything together nicely. I have ended up really liking this book. This is not my favorite fantasy series, but I found it thoroughly enjoyable. I am also writing this way after I read the book. I have decided it is time to quit denying my love of the fantasy genre. My name is Maria, and I love Fantasty!
Rachel
Incredibly hard to read through, this one is definitely the worst in the series. From the incredibly cliched Children of The Mist (any NZer will know who these people are supposed to be), to the ridiculous romance (why are the two characters paired? Because they're of opposite genders, there's no other reason), this was rubbish. The preaching reaches new heights of annoyance in this one, to the point where it is actually hard to tell if the author is telling a story or trying to recruit people t ...more
Kevin
Kirkpatrick's convoluted trilogy ends with a whimper. Like the second in the series, this is a mix of unconvincing theology and haphazard characterization. Only read if you have the momentum from the first two.
Paige Belfield
This isn't a series I would actively recommend to anyone, but it is still a series I mostly enjoyed. The first two dragged for a large portion of their weight, the second one suffering excessively so, however the third one was at the very least an easier read. I started the series doubting the worth of the main character Leith, and unfortunately by the end of The Right Hand of God I still felt that he lacked substance. All the other characters had great potential but very few had that potential ...more
Douglas
May 19, 2014 Douglas rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who read the first two and are suckers for completion.
So I'm done. It's over. It's sort of over, that is. Actually, there's loose threads here and there but for the most part I'm done. In all I don't regret reading this trilogy, but the ending puts a somewhat lackluster ending on an average series at best.

This book itself is paradoxically too long and not long enough. With the regards to the minor plots, there just isn't enough time put into their development. There are threads that are partially developed and seemingly completed with little narrat
Joel LeBlanc
An impossibly good read by a Kiwi author I had never heard of till just recently. Amazed how sad I feel now this trilogy is over. I want MORE!
Sarah Sunday
I knew what was going to happen since I read the subsequent trilogy, but I still found myself mildly frustrated with what happened. I don't like the character that became glorified in the end. But I really like what happened to Stella, the heroine of the novel. Her development takes the crown in this installment.
Peter Smith
While some may like this, I found this 3rd book in this series somewhat of a chore. I found myself asking again and again, when does it end? The story continues from book 2, and elements of action are there, but most of the book is filled with the main characters personal turmoils rather than the store I wanted to read.

Some may like that, and i may have to a degree as well, but I found it dragged on without resolution far too long leaving the main story plodding.

I still give it 3 stars, I have r
Brian Hagedorn
Just like the previous book, this feels like more of a first draft than a completed final draft. While it didn't have the bizarre randomness that plagued the previous book, there were still too many contrived moments that fall under the "Ha-Ha, I tricked you again" category. Too many times the author tries to be clever while badly telegraphing what would happen next. And dropping a few big words here and there doesn't add intelligence that's already horribly lacking.

Overall, this series can be s
Ruth
c2005. I kind of lost heart in this series of book after the 2nd which seemed way more christian fundamentalist than the first book. However, the story piqued my interest enough to get the 3rd book to find out what was really going on. I think that I feel rather disappointed witht they way that some of the "mysteries" were resolved and were not thrashed out enough to give a credible wind up to the trilogy. That said, some parts of the story were excellent but weighted down in the main by some ve ...more
Mick
This is the conclusion of the Fire of Heaven Series. While I still recommend it, especially if you read the first two, I have to say it is the least enjoyable of the three. I'd like to explain why this is but I can't do it in any detail without giving away plot points. Lets just say it wasn't as rewarding as I would have hoped. It is still a great read full of intrigue and fast pacing with perhaps the most action of the three novels.
Aisha Mahmoud
Really good. Not as good as the first two but still I could not put it down. Loved it. Some Christianity in it but not extremely so. Very exciting and interesting with many surprises. Loved it. My only frustration is my library does not have his second series. Eventually I will have to buy it. I am loving his writing.
Daniel Taylor
Characters that had been signposted as having a bigger role got sidelined. Shame, because the first book, scene-by-scene was perfect. The publishers forced him to produce books 2 and 3 a year apart; the first took 13 years to write. You have to hate publishers who kill the goose thinking they'll get the golden eggs.
Brennetta
I didn't think this was a terrific series but I enjoyed it. This third and last one was definitely the hardest to get through and at times I almost put down to never pick up again. About 2/3 into the book I felt like it finally got started and I didn't want to put it down at all. That was how each book was.
Sue
Really well done epic fantasy trilogy. The world-building excellent and believable, and the character development is solid. The story is mostly interesting, although slows a bit in book 2 and the latter part of book 3. Still, one of the better representations for this genre.
Nathan
A good, if somewhat deus ex machina ending, to a good epic fantasy trilogy. If you liked the first book, it's worth continuing through to the end to watch the characters grow and develop, and to further explore a very interesting world.
Fred
Classic fantasy that follows one of the classic formulas - Group from remote mountain village finds out that they have a destiny and are part of a prophecy to fight the forces of evil etc etc lol. Hey, run with what works right?
Chris Cicmanec
i am actually angry that i wasted my time and money on these three books. the characters are all useless and the plot makes no sense. I would have actually preferred or the antagonist to win and put everyone to a painful death.
Aeklipse
It was interesting at first but alot of questions were left unanswered it seemed. It was a little of a struggle to finish. The story was ok but some characters were not fully developed. More or less it wad an OK read
Lbd
Aug 30, 2008 Lbd rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: fantasy
An ending to the trilogy, with expected and unexpected turns of events. Great character development and not your usual end of the trilogy ending. Not quite Tolkienesque, but worthy of attention.
Jena
I was a little disapointed in the ending of this trilogy. i am still glad that I read it but I wasn't quite satisfied.
Todd
I enjoyed the climax and action in this one. The characters and plot are pretty predictable though.
Mel Gapper
Good finish not what you would expect. Kept going very well gripped to the very end.
Trevor
This was a great ending to a series that in my opinion is one of the best of the genre.
Greg
A very good book. I really enjoyed the plot twist in how the conflict ended...
Russell Huntley
Good book...ok ending. Finished the trilogy.
Orbit
Orbit,fall07,fantasy,epic,
Felicity
My mother gave me this series of books to read. There are a lot of descriptive battle scenes and an underlying religious message. Most books take me about a 3 days (if not busy) to a week to read. Each one of these took me a month. It was good enough to keep reading but it didn't hold my attention for long periods of time. I like to be swept away by fiction. Unfortunately that did not happen with these books.
Andrew
Oct 19, 2008 Andrew added it
Recommends it for: No one
Wow, this was lousy. Of course I thought the previous 2 in the series were bad too, but I had hope that the author would learn to write as he went. I was wrong.

I saw there is a new related book. I will not read that next book.
Alan
Sep 12, 2012 Alan added it
a bit tedious
  • The Final Sacrifice (The Chronicles of Josan, #3)
  • Orcs: Army of Shadows (Orcs Bad Blood #2)
  • The Map of All Things (Terra Incognita, #2)
  • The Granite Shield (Branion, #3)
  • The Curse on the Chosen (The Song of the Tears, #2)
  • The Stealer of Souls
  • Full Circle (Castings, #3)
  • Witches Incorporated (Rogue Agent, #2)
  • Legends of the Dragonrealm
  • Hammer of God (Godspeaker Trilogy, #3)
  • The Twisted Citadel (DarkGlass Mountain, #2)
  • The Silver Call
  • Land of the Burning Sands (Griffin Mage, #2)
  • Dragon Mage
  • The Shining City (Rhiannon's Ride #2)
Russell Kirkpatrick was born in 1961 in Christchurch, New Zealand, where he lived until 2000. He is a geography PhD graduate of the University of Canterbury, and currently lectures at the University of Waikato in Hamilton. During the 1990s he was fortunate enough to work on two major atlas projects, as Deputy Editor of the New Zealand Historical Atlas (Readers Choice winner, Montana Book Awards, 1 ...more
More about Russell Kirkpatrick...

Fire of Heaven (3 books)
  • Across the Face of the World (Fire of Heaven, #1)
  • In the Earth Abides the Flame (Fire of Heaven, #2)
Across the Face of the World (Fire of Heaven, #1) In the Earth Abides the Flame (Fire of Heaven, #2) Path of Revenge (Broken Man, #1) Dark Heart (Broken Man, #2) Beyond the Wall of Time (The Broken Man, #3)