Start by marking “Following My Toes” as Want to Read:

Even if nobody believes her, Faith Emerson knows she's psychic. After all, she totally saw it coming when Peter, her boyfriend of two years, dumped her for her best friend. Heartbroken, Faith needs a fresh start. So when her good friend Carolyn suggests she move from Duluth to Minneapolis, Faith takes the plunge and embarks on a new adventure. However, Faith soon learns th ...more
Published April 23rd 2006 by Preventive Measures (first published April 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Following My Toes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Following My Toes

Sibel Hodge
Jul 12, 2011 Sibel Hodge rated it really liked it

When Faith's boyfriend leaves her for her best friend, she decides she needs to take drastic action with her life. So she moves to a new city and starts a new job that ends in a journey of self-discovery.

Following my Toes has got a mixture of everything in it - women's fiction, mystery, romance, but above all it's about learning to forgive and get on with our lives following a break-up.

An all-round great read that will keep you wanting more!
Cathryn
Nov 15, 2011 Cathryn rated it really liked it
This is a great book about love, betrayal, forgiveness, and the balance between obligations to ourselves and others. This book seamlessly integrates many sub-plots which each showcase a very stark emotion through a relationship between the main character and one of the other characters. It does this while maintaining a very realistic feel. I hope there is a sequel!
L_manning
Apr 11, 2011 L_manning rated it really liked it
Following My Toes is the story of Faith, a maybe psychic who loves to follow her feelings. The story actually starts with Faith and two others being abducted, and then we get a giant flashback to see how they got to that point. I find the term "chick lit" gets a bad rap amongst many readers, but this was chick lit in the best senses of the word. It was fun. There were break-ups, make-ups, friendships, and entirely new lives. The cast of characters was hilarious. I think I'd have a hard time pick ...more
Jenn Andrew
Jul 24, 2008 Jenn Andrew rated it really liked it
Following My Toes is an amusing story of a young woman who follows her heart
in search of love and happiness. Faith Emerson finds herself in the most
humorous situations which she has to get herself out of.
At the very beginning of the story, the reader is plunged into the character’s
predicament and is taken on a ride to see how she overcomes her dilemma.
The title is rather interesting as it seems to tell you that the story is about a
journey. Following My Toes takes us through Faith’s journey of se
Alexis DeSousa
Apr 21, 2011 Alexis DeSousa rated it liked it
Shelves: indie-authors
I won this book in a giveaway.

For me, the book started out a bit slow, but as I kept reading, I became more engrossed and the story and the characters. I think that the beginning was a bit confusing, but it all makes sense in the end.

Faith is a young teacher who is dumped by her boyfriend for her best-friend. Despite her "psychic" abilities, she didn't see this one coming. I would have loved to see more of this psychic idea, but I felt it was very secondary to Faith's character. I liked the tit
Tami
Apr 15, 2008 Tami rated it it was amazing
Faith needs a life change. She had thought her life was going pretty good. After college, she had found a teaching job back in her home town of Duluth. She had a great boyfriend, whom she had been dating for two years.

Then, everything fell apart. The boyfriend gave her the "it's not you speech" and Faith soon realizes that he's been seeing her best friend behind her back. It gets worse when the two decide to get engaged, so much for him not being the marrying type.

Faith decides that a change i
Birgit
Jul 14, 2011 Birgit rated it liked it
I guess Laurel Osterkamp's novel can be best described as chick-lit with a serious undertone. Girl (who gets itchy toes when something good's about to happen) gets dumped just to find out her guy fell in love with her best friend. What sounds like a run-of-the-mill plot is actually an engaging journey of self-discovery, learning to let go and learning forgiveness. What I liked the most about this novel was that it was not only entertaining to read but how, despite of the genres tendency to give ...more
Kitty Honeycutt
Apr 20, 2011 Kitty Honeycutt rated it really liked it
I have to say I am not one to read this type of story often. I believe todays society calls books like this chick lit. Though after reading this book I can honestly say that I loved it.

This story was a whirlwind! It was fun, exciting, and real containing all the emotions every woman has experienced at least once in their lives. I would definitely recommend this book to women who love this type of genre and even ones who have yet to embark upon the journey.

The characters are bright, vivid, and ba
Ciara
Jan 28, 2012 Ciara rated it really liked it
Any book about a woman's self discovery is a winner in my book :) Faith, which is ironic because she has none, has just found out that her bf of two years has left her for her best friend of 20 years!! After supporting him and being emotionally neglected by him she decides the only way to move on is to literally move on! An old friend convinces her to move from her small town of Duluth to Minneapolis. There she embarks on a road of self discovery as she falls for a guy even more emotionally held ...more
Virginia
Apr 22, 2011 Virginia rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I received this book through the Member Giveaway on Library Thing.

Laurel Osterkamp is a great story-teller. In Following My Toes, we get to know Faith Emerson, an English teacher who can predict when bad or good things are going to happen to her (her skin would hurt if something is bad, and her toes would itch if it's a good thing).

When she is dumped by her boyfriend for her best friend (and since she doesn't know what to do), she decides to move to Minneapolis where one of her friends says sh
Charlie
Apr 09, 2011 Charlie rated it liked it
Following My Toes is a great quick read. It starts out with the main character –Faith Emerson- in a…predicament, and through out the story it was fun trying to figure out the how she managed to get herself in it.

Faith moves to a whole new place after getting dumped by her boyfriend for her best friend. From then on she meets very interesting people, including herself. For parts of it, it wasn’t easy to fell the supporting characters. But you really get to know Faith, and maybe the author did it
Venise Webb
Feb 11, 2013 Venise Webb rated it it was amazing
Following My Toes is a fun read told from the perspective of the main character, Faith Emerson. The story starts off with Faith being kidnapped and I was instantly pulled in, and couldn't stop reading until I found out why and by whom. What I found was a delightful story with an entertaining lead. Not to mention all of the funny predicaments she finds herself and the amusing cast of supporting characters. The only thing missing was the time of year that I read this. This is just the type of book ...more
Katherine
Apr 27, 2012 Katherine rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-ebooks
An average read. I would have given it three stars, but the lessons learned by Faith, the heroine, were just too one-sided that I had to deduct one star from my rating. Every character in the book accuses her of being selfish, and she believed it herself, but I couldn't see it. In my eyes, it was everyone else who was selfish. There were some good points in the book--some of Faith's sense of humor made me chuckle a little bit, and the one truly moving scene where Faith and her ex finally talked ...more
Alicia Prevost
Dec 28, 2012 Alicia Prevost rated it really liked it
Really really cute and quirky book. I wasn't entirely sure it would work and yet somehow it completely did and made for a fun, and yet at sometimes, serious read. The lead character wasn't always the most likeable person and yet I couldn't help but feel for her. And the ending wasn't at all what I would have hoped for but in this book it worked perfectly.

So in short it was a book that shouldn't have worked for me...but it really did. Definitely a fan of this writer now.
Bianca
Dec 09, 2011 Bianca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I definitely did not expect to like this book as much as I did. In fact, by the time I was done, I loved it. I needed something cute and entertaining to read as I procrastinated studying for finals. I started reading Following My Toes and absolutely could not put it down. Spent the entire day and night reading until I was completely done. Great job, Lauren Osterkamp. This was a very entertaining book.
Lenore Kosinski
I went between loving it and being confused by it...I think I can't like it more than a 3 star b/c I have a hard time with adulterers being human....which they are...but wouldn't it be easier if they were evil?? Obviously this is not a fault of the book, but a fault of me. Faith was an interesting character, and I didn't always get where the author was going with her (with all the being accused of being self-involved). I guess it went over my head. *shrugs*
Shannon Hertz
Sep 22, 2012 Shannon Hertz rated it liked it
I was exhausted by Faith and the storyline about halfway through. It wasn't a bad story but Faith's life just wore me out. The back of the book had questions asking how it would compare to books of the same genre, like Something Blue. I loved Something Blue and this was nowhere near as good as it. It was okay read but I'm not anxious to know what happens to Faith. I'm just glad I can put her story to rest finally!
Rhonda
Apr 12, 2011 Rhonda rated it really liked it
breaks up with her because he has been sleeping with her best friend. Faith decides to move to bigger city where collage roommate is living. She meets Eathen car mancanic as she hits town. She meets Bill where she lives. met max. she is trying to get over the anger and hurt. Trying to find herself. Its a good story kept me up reading. I liked the book club questions at the end. I think it would be a nice book club bFaith is a high school teacher teaching english. Her boyfriend book.
Bree
Sep 25, 2011 Bree rated it it was ok
I didn't hate the book, but I didn't love it either. Aspects were to complicated or to simplistic. There was no balance and the ending fell flat considering I hung in there for the entire ride! I hate to badmouth books because I personally know how hard it is to write. I do have to say the authors style and wit were impressive.
Stephanie Lindsay Hagen
May 08, 2011 Stephanie Lindsay Hagen rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, ebook
Laurel Osterkamp is a captivating author. She digs deep and nails it. The self-doubt and self-analysis of the main character made my head spin. All this agony eventually led to self-discovery and forgiveness. The people closest to you can and do hurt you the deepest. A little bit of psychic itching always helps.
Paula
May 03, 2014 Paula rated it liked it
I am somewhat unsure of how I felt about this book. I finished it, but was frustrated with Faith's lack of confidence in herself. However, I realize the book is about self- discovery and the writing style was fun. I plan on checking out other books by this author.
Girl on a shelf
May 02, 2012 Girl on a shelf rated it really liked it
A fun story about growing up and learning whether or not to trust your instincts. Faith may or may not be psychic, but she definitely experiences the ups and downs of life while she looks for her answers.
Lisa
Aug 04, 2011 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished this one... a pretty decent beach bag read.
Emily
Jan 22, 2012 Emily rated it liked it
Pretty good for a fluffy little read...but the end left me wanting something different.
pcb
Aug 10, 2011 pcb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
a Kindle freebie...
Michele Padua
Jan 08, 2012 Michele Padua rated it it was ok
This book kept me interested but I feel like the ending needed work.
Shauna O'brien
Cute story, easy to read... All about following your feelings!
Tracey
Jul 26, 2012 Tracey rated it liked it
This is a book about learning to forgive others as well as yourself.It is an easy read.
Rosely
Apr 16, 2011 Rosely rated it liked it
It was a good read. A bit slow, and the heroine was a bit difficult to root for as were her friends, but I think that was the author's intention.
Tammi Whitcomb
Jan 17, 2012 Tammi Whitcomb rated it liked it
Pretty good book for a fluffy, light read. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. This is one that I got from amazon for just $0.99 so I wasn't expecting much and was happily surprised.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Too Near The Edge (Cleo & Tyler Mysteries, #1)
  • Memoirs of an Antihero
  • No Alibi (Doucette, #1)
  • We Interrupt This Date
  • Vestal Virgin
  • Love.com
  • Crossroads Road
  • A Hint of Murder (A Hint of Murder #1-3)
  • Buffalo Gals
  • The Story of THE RAG! (St. Mary's Today Newspaper)
  • Evil Genius
  • Don't Look Before You Leap
  • Boy Meets Girl, The End
  • Heart Stealer
  • Construct A Couple (Serenity Holland, #2)
  • The Merry-Go-Round