Start by marking “Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 16: Deadpool” as Want to Read:
Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 16: Deadpool

Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 16: Deadpool (Ultimate Spider-Man #16)

3.71  ·  Rating Details ·  1,172 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
In Deadpool, Spider-Man teams up with his new girlfriend, X-Men's Kitty Pryde, who gets a new super-hero identity for when she's not hanging around with her mutant mates!

Collecting: Ultimate Spider-Man 91-96, Annual 2
Published September 13th 2006 by Marvel (first published August 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 16, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 16

Nikki
Dec 06, 2013 Nikki rated it really liked it
The team-up with the X-men here is pretty cool, and I do still enjoy Peter's relationship with Kitty Pryde. It's -- so far -- sweet, and much less emotionally roller-coastery than his relationship with Mary Jane. Of course, that's because he loves Mary Jane, and he doesn't love Kitty, so I don't know how long this is going to last.

But yeah, sorry Lisa-love, I like the X-men (the Ultimate X-men, at least) quite a bit. Ororo looks so cool. Looking forward to getting those TPBs...

Deadpool, meh, I'm
Sesana
Jul 17, 2013 Sesana rated it really liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
The bulk of this collection is taken up with Spidey teaming up with the X-Men (and, incidentally, girlfriend Kitty Pryde) to take on the Ultimate version of Deadpool. Who is, appropriately, incredibly creepy and intimidating. Despite being almost entirely action, it's still a pretty good story, and I really do like the Kitty/Peter relationship that anchors it. The last two issues are very different: vampires, guest starring Morbius and (very briefly) Blade. Supernatural stuff always seems like a ...more
Jordan Lahn
Pretty standard Spidey/x-men team up. Not a fan of what they did with Deadpool though. Not enough there of what makes the original character so great...
Daryl
Mar 11, 2013 Daryl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Another great volume in this series. Volume 16 covers three story arcs. The first four issues/chapters contain the Deadpool story that gives the trade its title. Deadpool is possibly the worst character in the history of Marvel comics. Fortunately, his Ultimate version is very little like the regular Marvel U version. These four issues are more of an Ultimate X-Men arc, with Spidey as a guest star. I’m really enjoying Peter’s relationship with the X-Men’s Kitty Pryde, however, so it was good to ...more
Lloyd
This series continues to be great fun to read, even after sixteen volumes. Bends continues to write a heartfelt story of what struggles are like for a high school superhero, while ramping up the humor in this one. I caught myself cracking up several times aloud while reading this.

The art by Mark Bagley and Co. is spot on. A perfect style for the fun and action this book so often brings.

I've mentioned it in prior reviews, but as I read this series this time through, it's part of a sort of brush
John
Feb 11, 2011 John rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Bad news, this one. Thin. And Deadpool is boring and shallow.
robert sutherland
Nov 01, 2016 robert sutherland rated it really liked it
The thing about Ultimate SM is that it's filled with teenage angst. I'm guessing if you've made it as far as Vol 16 that you already get that. Love the cute relationship that's springing up between Peter and Kitty. Not sure about the way Deadpool was portrayed in this short encounter but it was only brief anyway (considering that "Deadpool" is the title on the front cover). The get together between Spider-man and The X-men was a lot of fun. Loved the way Peter freaked out about his aunt ...more
Iowa City Public Library
Marvel’s various Ultimate series began as retellings of classic Marvel comics, simplifying decades of back-story for readers who would otherwise never catch up. The Ultimate versions can have interesting differences with “real” versions. In “real” life for instance, the Fantastic Four was the first big Marvel hit, but in the Ultimate universe, the Ultimates (Avengers) are more established, and the FF recent additions. Even more confusing is the central role of Nick Fury, who’s now a Black man in ...more
Holden Attradies
I had pretty mixed feelings about this volume. I liked that Kitty Pryde got to be center stage and that Spider-man once again got sucked into the X-men's lives. I didn't much care for ultimate Deadpool and felt pretty darn lost about what was going on in Genosha in the Ultimate Universe. As much as I liked the inter-play between Kitty and Peter during that story arc, and enjoyed how it effected their relationship via the media attention it got, I almost felt like it was too much X-men and maybe ...more
Anthony
Aug 07, 2012 Anthony rated it it was ok
Shelves: ultimate, spider-man
This paperback is called 'Deadpool' and its worth noting that the Deadpool parts are not very good at all . I'm not a big fan of '616' Deadpool, but at least he's written as a quippy, comic relief character most of the time. Here, Bendis throws that out of the window. Also, he makes him a shape shifter. Sure, it's later mentioned that it might just be his costume or alteration to his facial muscles that allows him to do this, which doesn't make much sense either (comics, everybody). But Ultim ...more
Lissa
Dec 11, 2014 Lissa rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, read-in-2012
Now that Peter is officially dating Kitty Pryde, Ultimate Spider-Man has finally gotten more interesting for me to read. The X-Men keep popping in, which is fine by me, and Peter doesn't seem like such a snot-nosed kid.

There are three separate stories collected in this trade. In the first, Peter is accidentally kidnapped, along with the rest of the X-Men, and dumped onto an island full of enraged psychopath mutant-haters, led by none other than "Wadey Wilson," aka Deadpool. I don't care for the
J.
Aug 08, 2012 J. rated it really liked it
This book has a 4-part Deadpool storyline, crossing over with Ultimate X-Men, and a 2-part Morbius storyline. This is a very good volume. The relationship between Peter and Kitty is a really nice twist on the classic stories, and Bendis really brings out the characters and plays them against each other well. The complicated matter of public vs. private identities works to bring a sever complication, and watching them deal with it is a lot of fun.

The Deadpool story arc is good--the design of the
Wing Kee
Sep 03, 2016 Wing Kee rated it did not like it
Terrible.

This was just terrible pointless filler except for the annual and the beginning with Kitty.

World: Art is fine but not a fan. The world building is okay it does expand the MUU but the pieces and how it was displayed was fairly wonky and janky.

Story: The only good thing is the start of the Kitty story and the Annual the test is pure garbage. Krakoa was pointless and dumb and lacked teeth. For a hunting show no one dying was fairly stupid, mindless action. The Vampire story, also stupid
Craig
Sep 17, 2011 Craig rated it it was ok
I read this out of sequence, but even so, these stories seemed of very little consequence to the overall larger story being told in the series. It's like Bendis feels he has to throw Deadpool in--not so much that he has a good story to tell involving Deadpool, but since he's the hot character right now, there's got to be a way to involve him with Spider-Man. And the whole introduction of Morbius and Blade is even less compelling--blink, and they're gone. Poof! The clone saga, the ...more
Kate McDevitt
Mar 12, 2016 Kate McDevitt rated it liked it
Hrm. I expected to like this one more. Deadpool is such an interesting character, but all we get from "Wadey Wilson" in this volume is him trying to kill Spidey and my X-Men. Nothing but hate and badguy-ness. Not cool, Mr. Pool. I did enjoy how Spider-man went after Kitty and threw down with the X-Men. And more tension forms between Peter and MJ when she sees televised footage of Spider-Man and Kitty Pride kissing (poor MJ). But the other stories in this collection were disjointed. The spy that ...more
Stacey
Sep 09, 2008 Stacey rated it liked it
What happens when superheroes date? According to Deadpool they get kidnapped and forced to star in reality television.

There's actually a lot of team-ups in Ultimate Spider-Man. This one has him with the X-men, Moebius (the vampire) and Daredevil. Some of them are treading the same ground, especially the Daredevil/Punisher/Moon Knight story but the X-Men arc that starts the volume is fun. I sort of wish Bendis spent more time writing Peter and Kitty dating rather than Spider-Man and Shadowcat fig
Todd
Jan 01, 2015 Todd rated it really liked it
I'm a bit glad that Bendis really altered Deadpool for his appearance in the Ultimate U. I love 616 'Pool (when he's written correctly). Krakatoa comes back and we get an X-men arc in the Spider-man title.

Moribund shows up for a brief storyline which is good because Bendis has never really written a horror arc that I can recall and he's usually better with the more realistic things.

The annual shows more of Moon Knight. Love him. Daredevil gets his plans going. I love his intense angry Ultimate v
Edward Cheer
Mar 01, 2015 Edward Cheer rated it liked it
A very strange entry to the series. This one has a lot of insane stretches in logic (Like Peter being taken to Krakoa Island, and getting off Scot-free with his aunt). Also vampires are brought into the series and then just dropped. Morbius doesn't come back. What's up with that? But I suppose that Annual #2 is good enough material. It ended that whole corrupted-cop side-plot and it had a nice ironic twist on the ending for Kingpin.
Iain
Jul 20, 2015 Iain rated it liked it
Rated as a graphic novel. Bendis writing Deadpool seemed like a match made in heaven, but his rather odd portrayal falls flat. Peter Parker is great but most of the supporting cast is mediocre at best. It's the final story in the set saves the day. As with most of my favorite Bendis scripts we have a very human villain in a tight tale that closes with a punch. Appearances by Daredevil and the Punisher didn't hurt either.
Mason Jones
Feb 20, 2015 Mason Jones rated it liked it
I had a really hard time deciding what score to give this book. It had things going for it and things that disappointed me. I like that he fleshed out more of peter and kitty, the art was awesome ( it had so much going on), and I liked the additional extra comics art style change. What I didn't like was it felt very separate from the arch in a way. It also is a big collection of what feels like 3 different stories in one vol. I didn't enjoy that very much.
Jedhua
Aug 31, 2016 Jedhua rated it liked it
Book Info: This collection contains Ultimate Spider-Man issues #91-96 and Ultimate Spider-Man annual #2.

description
Shaun
Feb 28, 2012 Shaun rated it liked it
This volume introduces the Ultimate universe Mojo and Deadpool. Peter is dating Kitty Pryde of the X-Men and gets caught up in Mojo's machinations against the X-Men. This volume uses a lot of Bendis' trademark billion panel television layouts which are a bit difficult to follow. But the developing relationship between Kitty and Peter great fun.
Jeff Raymond
I do like me some Spider-Man. The Dead Pool arc was ridiculous, and the whole Clone thing could have been put aside, but I’m still along and nearly caught up, and it’s worth my time and I like it. So there.
Sophie D
Jan 07, 2015 Sophie D rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. It was fun exciting and had a lot of fast moments. I loved the relationships and the conflicts in this volume of spider man. I'm so excited to get into comics and graphic novels more because they are so much fun.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Oct 07, 2013 Amanda [Novel Addiction] rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, marvel
Just picked this one up because Deadpool was in it, though he wasn't his usual hilarious self. As funny as he wasn't, Spiderman was pretty witty.. Maybe I don't dislike Spidey as much as I thought I did.

Bonus - Daredevil. And the ending panels were pretty powerful.
Frank
Jul 10, 2010 Frank rated it liked it
Re-read this now in sequence. Works even better in context. A lot going on here. Guest star packed collection including Kitty Pryde and the X-Men, Deadpool, Blade, Morbius, Daredevil, and The Punisher.
Karlis
May 11, 2014 Karlis rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Love the setting and the new deadpool is very interesting. Peters new relationship is enjoyable to follow and I loked the artwork that suited the story, reminiscent of some of his powers art.
Angela
Jun 15, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it
The Xmen team up is a lot of fun, the other stories are darker. Lots of nice character stuff with MJ and Kitty.
Michael
Jan 12, 2009 Michael rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Spidey and Kitty Pryde make a great pair, but even superheros have relationship drama. This is the most interesting part of this volume.
Dan
Nov 07, 2013 Dan rated it really liked it
So many ultimate characters in one volume. This was a nice run that Marvel never should have changed.
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 5: Ultimate War
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 11: The Most Dangerous Game
  • Ultimate Fantastic Four, Volume 3: N-Zone
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 17: Sentinels
  • Ultimatum: Requiem
  • Ultimate Iron Man, Volume 1
  • The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 6: Happy Birthday

More about Brian Michael Bendis...

Ultimate Spider-Man (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 1: Power and Responsibility