Start by marking “Spider Silk” as Want to Read:

Spider Silk

A GLOBAL eBOOK AWARD NOMINEE. A suspicious death leads to a manhunt and the capture of the self-confessed killer. But when Sheriff Henry "Bud" Blair reads the autopsy report, he begins to suspect that someone other than his prisoner is the actual killer. Set in Oregon's High Desert country, Spider Silk introduces readers to a cast of characters unique to eastern Oregon and ...more
Published November 21st 2011 by Bright Works Press (first published April 28th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Spider Silk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider Silk

Michael
Dec 03, 2016 Michael rated it really liked it
Spider Silk...by Collins. I found the protagonist, Bud, to be a lovable character who admitted his faults and did not blame others when he came to grief in a stakeout. He's been burned with his wife, and perhaps his last job, and is hoping for a quiet life in the sticks. Unfortunately I haven't been to Oregon so I needed it painted a little bit more. However, there is plenty of action and love shown to a dog so it's a feel-good story, too. A good mystery with a bit of romance thrown in.
Kathleen
Nov 26, 2016 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Spider Silk

A very well written story. The characters are well developed and easy to relate with. The story is set in a beautiful area of America. An area I would love to visit someday. A mystery with many twists and turns, it kept me wondering until the end. I would recommend it to all lovers of a good mystery and beautiful locations. There is also good clean romance and humor. Enjoy.
Chrisl
Apr 19, 2014 Chrisl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oregon, 2000s, mys-cop
Far exceeded my expectations. Tempted to award 5-stars for holding my attention so firmly. Started and finished it in a few hours and look forward with pleasure to reading next in series. Would like to see it available in libraries.

Collins clearly depicted a little known area of Oregon using a cast created from realistic characters. I rate Collins up with my favorite authors of crime fiction. As a bonus, some of the facts and settings were pleasantly new to me. For instance, a quote from page 56
Mark Brailsford
Mark Brailsford rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Lori Watson koenig
Decent mystery but the real draw is that it is set in my home area of Lakeview, Oregon.
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2012
Leda
Leda rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Rene McColl
Rene McColl rated it it was ok
Nov 28, 2016
Krista Brockwood
Krista Brockwood marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Nicole Gauss
Nicole Gauss marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Erica
Erica added it
Nov 20, 2016
Louise purfield-coak
Louise purfield-coak marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2016