Start by marking “Mariah Delany Lending Library Disaster” as Want to Read:
Mariah Delany Lending Library Disaster

Mariah Delany Lending Library Disaster

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  6 reviews
By the time Mariah Delany reaches the sixth grade, she's started to come up with all kinds of moneymaking schemes. To her book-loving parents' dismay, she is much more interested in business than books. In a desperate effort to show Mariah the joys of reading, her mother brings her to the library. Mariah gets hooked on books, but not quite in the way her mother had intende ...more
Published April 1st 2000 by Turtleback Books (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about Mariah Delany Lending Library Disaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mariah Delany Lending Library Disaster

Sarah Sammis
Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides
This is something I read when I was a wee thing, in the fourth grade or so? Still remember the climactic moment when the main character's father realizes that she's been lending out his book collection was what led me to track this one down again. Not as interesting to re-read, as it seems like it proselytizes for reading a bit. (Not that I have anything against that, just ... it's not necessarily entertaining when you notice it in a story, you know?)
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
I loved this story of a young girl who tries to create a lending library using her father's books (without his permission!). All kinds of disasters follow as she realizes she hasn't completely thought through how the library will work. It's too bad this one is out of print.
Unlike some of these old books I've been reading, I actually remember this one quite well. Maybe it's because it's a book about books or because it's about a kid who has no interest in reading then suddenly finds love for it at the end. I still really like it :) I feel that I'm a bit like Mariah's parents, without the thick rimmed glasses and I would be just as disappointed as them if my child had no interest in reading. Nothing winds me up more than when people say " I don't like books" WHAT!? ...more
Kristin Boldon
A blast from my past as I tried to get my son to read one I remembered, and that was really fun. Mariah is surrounded by a family of readers, and all she wants to do is come up with business ideas and make money. Alas, the girl name in the title and on the cover made this a non-starter for my 8yo boy.
Katherinejudge marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Qamar Jahan
Qamar Jahan marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Kim R
Kim R added it
Mar 13, 2014
Sandra Nagbe
Sandra Nagbe marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013