Start by marking “Dying to Kill (Angel Delaney Mysteries, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dying to Kill (Angel Delaney Mysteries, #2)

Dying to Kill (Angel Delaney Mysteries #2)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  480 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Even though Angel Delaney is on leave from the police force, she finds herself playing detective in the middle of a multiple murder investigation. Shunning the advice of local law enforcement and her almost-boyfriend, Callen, Angel becomes a private eye and exposes secrets and suspects. As she tries to guess who the next victim might be, another man is killed, with all the ...more
Published January 10th 2004 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Dying to Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dying to Kill

Linda
Mar 03, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
This is book #2 in the Angel Delaney mystery series. I loved every book that I've ever read by Patricia Rushford and this series is no exception. I really like the main character, Angel, as she struggles with her decision to be a cop or not. In this book she's on leave from the force and after getting involved with a serial killer of abusive husbands she takes on the job as P.I. Of course this puts her right in the middle of all the danger. She also struggles with the approval of her father, a d ...more
Tamara Tilley
Jan 27, 2016 Tamara Tilley rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I just finished, AS GOOD AS DEAD, the third book in the Angel Delaney Mysteries by Patricia Rushford. What a great read! I thoroughly enjoyed all three books. The action, suspense, twists and turns, it had it all. Add that with a little romance and you have yourself a wonderful book filled with intriguing characters and fascinating plot lines.

Book one, DEADLY AIM, follows Angel Delaney as she struggles to deal with the death of a kid that she's shot in a gang related robbery, she begins to quest
Ms M
Nov 08, 2015 Ms M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Too good to put down

A good rainy day, favorite quilt, hot tea, comfortable perch, kind of book. I read the first and loved it, was not disappointed with this, the second, and look forward to the third. Rushford treats strong characters gently without over the top quirkiness and their lives, families, and decimals with respect. The conflicts--mysteries--are based on real problems of communities big and small.
Carolyn E
Nov 04, 2014 Carolyn E rated it it was amazing
Great story!! I could not put it down. I am looking forward to reading the third book in this series, As Good as Dead
Rhonda
Jul 04, 2014 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another winner from Patricia Rushford

I really love the suspense in this series. The characters the author has created are so likeable and real. I love the twisted ending. I thought I knew who done it, but I was surprised. On to book #3.
Clifford F Blaze
Oct 01, 2015 Clifford F Blaze rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was hard to like the book,

But I DID. ONCE I got beyond the man and father hating it was an interesting and different mystery. Undecided as to the next one, given what I mentioned.
jean buck
Sep 23, 2015 jean buck rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Mystery

A good mystery . A real page Turner. Needs more romance. I liked the interaction between characters. Looking forward to this author's next book.
Sandra
Nov 18, 2014 Sandra rated it liked it
I liked the first book in this series better than this one but it was still a good read. I particularly liked the take on the Bible verses about wives submitting to their husbands,
Andrea
Aug 30, 2015 Andrea rated it really liked it
not my usual thing but I really enjoyed these murder mysteries by a Christian author. I had a hard time putting them down!
Sheila
Aug 13, 2015 Sheila rated it liked it
Shelves: wom-2015
There seems to be a serial killer targeting men that are known abusers. Angel is on the case.
Carol Preston
Aug 05, 2014 Carol Preston rated it liked it
Three and a half stars for this murder mystery. A different kind of read for me, and I found it enjoyable, but a bit repetitive in parts as Angel Delaney, cop turned private investigator, kept speculating about the murderer, as the investigation proceeded. I thought too much information was offered to the reader, which may or may not have been guessed, but which was unnecessarily laid out numerous times. This is part of a series of mystery novels, and I can see that readers could become attached ...more
Tess
Dec 21, 2014 Tess rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
This is the second book in the Angel series and it was just as enjoyable as the first book. Ms Rushford does an excellent job leaving hints, yet supplying a slight twist here and there. Though I guess who the killer was, there was enough plot twists through the book, including the resolution, to keep me from being bored by a formulatic approach. I will be looking for a copy of the third book to read.
Catherine  Matsubu
Good reading

not often that I read an entire series, but. looks like this will be one of them. Nice not to get bored with character repetition.
Samantha
Jan 22, 2009 Samantha rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
I don't know what to think about this book. I read it in two afternoons, and it was a nice, frivolous read. Despite it's page-turning qualities, it was riddled with blatant mistakes (not typos, I'm talking really poor editing...) and whole sequences that I found to be completely pointless. It was predictable, but I found the ending to be somewhat contrived and unbelievable. I could go on, but I would just be critisizing the poor book to death. It's just a fun read, nothing to be taken too seriou ...more
Leanne
Sep 12, 2012 Leanne rated it liked it
This book was better than the first one. Ms. Rushford has done a better job of syncing her characters' spiritual life with the flow of the book. It feels less preachy and more natural. The story-line was well thought-out and made me care about the characters. I will read book 3 because I want to know what happens to the characters and because I am curious to see if the author continues to mature as a writer.
Katy
Apr 25, 2014 Katy rated it liked it
Helps fill in the back story of the third book, which I accidentally read first. Not as good of a story as the first book but better than the third book.
Maranda
Jan 08, 2014 Maranda rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Rushford series about Angel Delaney. Crime mystery with twists. Second in the series.
Kate
May 07, 2015 Kate rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading 'the next chapter' in Angel's life, even though it came with its fair share of heartache. The mystery portion was well done, and I had no idea 'whodunit' until it was revealed at the end! Definitely looking forward to the next Angel Delaney mystery!
Beauty Transforming
Oct 29, 2007 Beauty Transforming rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Christian Fiction
It was a pretty good book. Wasn't a page turner like some, although is was not dull by any means. It really picked up abut half-way through. Ending was semi-predictable. WIll be reading lots more of her books. Overall I did enjoy it =)
Eydie
Jun 18, 2013 Eydie rated it really liked it
Shelves: character-series
I like this character series, and I like the author, Patricia Rushford. Who-Done-It is not so easy to figure out (for a change). Good series and very good progression of the main character.
Karen Chow
Jul 24, 2008 Karen Chow rated it liked it
Shelves: christianfiction
So far, I am a big fan of this series. It is far better than her Helen Bradley mysteries. The whodunit is always a fun/thrilling guessing game.
Michele
Dec 05, 2012 Michele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rushford kept me on my toes! Good suspense, lot's of suspects and she surprised me. I like that!!
Norisrivera4yahoo.com Rivera
Jan 27, 2013 Norisrivera4yahoo.com Rivera rated it really liked it
was good
Janet
Jun 25, 2013 Janet rated it it was amazing
Real Good
Hannah
Hannah rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
CJ Dordan
CJ Dordan rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Brianna
Brianna rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Patrica Hanson
Patrica Hanson rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
  • Undertow (The Julesburg Mysteries #3)
  • Fair Warning (Hideaway, #5)
  • Storm Surge (The Storm Series #3)
  • Vital Signs (The Baxter Series #3)
  • Fatal Harvest (Haven #1)
  • Footsteps
  • The Final Crumpet (A Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery #2)
  • Blood Evidence (NCIS, #2)
  • Web of Lies (Hidden Faces, #4)
  • Expect the Sunrise (Team Hope, #3)
  • Deep Blue
  • Head Game
  • And Then There Were Two (Dani Ross Mystery #2)
  • Dark to Mortal Eyes
  • A Quarter for a Kiss (The Million Dollar Mysteries, #4)
  • Presumption of Guilt (Sun Coast Chronicles, #4)
Patricia H. Rushford, a long time author and speaker, has extensive experience in writing and has authored fifty books, both fiction and non-fiction with sales of over a million copies. In addition to having a nursing degree and masters in counseling, she is also an artist and quilter.

The Jennie McGrady Mysteries for young adults have sold well over 500,000 copies. Silent Witness won the Silver An
More about Patricia H. Rushford...

Angel Delaney Mysteries (3 books)
  • Deadly Aim
  • As Good as Dead

“He shook his head. “I don’t believe I know the name.” “She’s new in town.” Angel shifted the strap of her bag higher on her shoulder. “I’m investigating Phillip’s death. Actually, I came down here to talk to Greg Johansson, but no one was at his office.” “I imagine Greg’s” 0 likes
“that” 0 likes