Start by marking “The Mole Family's Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Mole Family's Christmas

The Mole Family's Christmas

When the Mole family finds out about Christmas and the fat man in the red suit, they ask for a telescope to help them see the stars.
Published September 1st 1980 by Four Winds (first published 1969)

To ask other readers questions about The Mole Family's Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mole Family's Christmas

A Christmas Carol by Charles DickensHow the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. SeussThe Night Before Christmas by Clement C. MooreThe Polar Express by Chris Van AllsburgThe Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
Favorite Christmas Books
289th out of 796 books — 1,109 voters
How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. SeussThe Polar Express by Chris Van AllsburgThe Night Before Christmas by Clement C. MooreBear Stays Up for Christmas by Karma WilsonThe Snowman by Raymond Briggs
Favorite Christmas Picture Books
300th out of 322 books — 127 voters

More lists with this book...

Melanie
Feb 07, 2010 Melanie rated it really liked it
This is one of those stories from my childhood that never fail to get me in the mood for Christmas. As a child I never thought there was anything strange about this story of the moles who want a telescope from the Fat Man in the Red Suit and risk death to wait for him. Maybe I related to their glasses, having worn them since I was 3 years old. The illustrations are so cute that you'll find yourself saying, "Hey, even moles deserve a Christmas present!"
Cindy
Sep 14, 2007 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
One of my favorite books from when I was a child. We read this every Christmas. Delver is a mole who likes to daydream. One day he hears about Christmas and he suddenly wants to know more about life besides just digging tunnels. Just great.
C.
Feb 07, 2014 C. rated it it was amazing
Le Premier Nöel De La Famille LaTaupe” is one of those very special finds, in a giveaway box outside a used bookstore. Numerous times, boxes contained titles that moved me. Russell & Lillian Hobans’ 1969 animal Christmas story is such a one. I thought it might be Canadian and like a few French selections on-hand. It’s a translation of English authors but I love it. Animals follow typical roles separately from humans but speak, most of them read, and are cognisant of human activities. Moles ...more
Jeremy
Nov 27, 2015 Jeremy rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Funny stuff. I love how the mole dad does "straight mole work". A nice holiday gem lost to the sands of time. They just don't make Christmas books like they used to!
Suzanne Costigan
Dec 01, 2014 Suzanne Costigan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books-ever
Near and dear to my heart, I have loved this book since I was a little girl. I still treasure my original copy.
Shawn Thrasher
Dec 23, 2013 Shawn Thrasher rated it it was ok
Not anywhere as charming as Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas; which I would recommend over this one. Not going to stuffing any stockings at my house.
Sally Sugarman
Dec 24, 2013 Sally Sugarman rated it it was amazing
Our family has been reading this book every Christmas since we got it back in 1969. It is a treasured tradition that has continued through children and grandchildren. Clearly, we love this book.
Karin
Dec 21, 2010 Karin rated it it was amazing
Super sweet Christmas story. Not too sappy, not a tear-jerker, but thought-provoking, cute, funny and kind. Who could go wrong with moles with telescopes?
Kristi
Dec 15, 2011 Kristi rated it it was amazing
I love this author. Discovered him through the "Frances" books. This is a great Christmas book. So witty!
Luke Herson
Luke Herson marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Jack
Jack marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Grace Hampton
Grace Hampton marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
April
April marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Dawn
Dawn added it
Jan 21, 2016
Monica
Monica rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Gwyn P
Gwyn P rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Chris Jensen
Chris Jensen marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Brody
Brody rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
Gmr
Gmr added it
Dec 22, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Bonny
Bonny rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2015
Kamae
Kamae marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Zzj
Zzj marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Breanna
Breanna rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2015