La foire aux immortels (Nikopol, #1)

La foire aux immortels (Nikopol #1)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  235 ratings  ·  8 reviews
It's the year 2023 and Alcide Nikopol has been revived from a state of suspended animation after 30 years orbiting Earth. In the meantime, the planet has suffered two nuclear wars, and France is ruled by the ruthless dictator J.F. Choublanc. The immortal gods of Egyptian antiquity have also reawakened to revive their rule over humanity, and they now hover above the crumbli...more
Hardcover, Fourth Edition, 54 pages
Published August 2005 by Casterman (first published 1980)

Yannis V.
The first I've ever read from Bilal and I can say he blew my mind!! The sensations this graphic novel creates are unique. I know that the stories and the plot is really strange but I love it the way it is, mystique and futuristic in a destructed-world way. Enki Bilal was one of my best and inspiring artists in adolescence and I still admire him with the same way.
Julio
Otra re-lectura, rescatada de ese tesoro de BDs/Comic que es Issuee. Issuee es como el YouTube de los Comics. Con un buscador menos brillante, quizá, pero con un poco de paciencia puedes desenterrar perlas raras y maravillosas, como esta. Imposible, creo, encontrar nada de Enki Bilal en mi país. Son lejanos recuerdos de mi juventud universitaria que explotaron al encontrar y reconocer la tapa de esta BD. Me encantó re-leerla. Los ecos de la magia del dibujo exquisito y onírico de Bilal siguen in...more
Zana
A edição que li não é esta, mas uma que inclui «A Feira dos Imortais» (d'A Trilogia Nikopol) e «O Sono do Monstro» (primeiro acto), Colecção Grandes Autores de Banda Desenhada, Co-Edição Asa Editores e Público, Fev 2008

1. Mental note: rever o filme «Immortel, Ad Vitam» (2004), de Bilal, depois de lida A Trilogia Nikopol completa.

2. «O Sono do Monstro» tem continuação, facto do qual não fui avisada. Um escândalo.

3. Em «O Sono do Monstro», a narrativa não é linear, o que é particularmente trágico...more
Keely
There's something so indulgent about French stories, which is at the same time their strength and their downfall. They lilt along, laughing and provoking, never shying away, but there is also a lack of self-editing there that tends to leave them a bit silly and unfocused.

Sometimes, I think it's a problem of translation, and this translation is so unusually literal from the French, as if it were meant for primary English readers who understand the French language and culture, but who are unable t...more
Mathieu
Je viens de relire "La Foire aux immortels", ayant eu envie suite à l'exposition sur Bilal au musée des Arts et métiers, de me replonger dans son univers si particulier.

Même si de très nombreux éléments sont très bons, deux choses m'empêchent d'adhérer totalement à cette première grande trilogie de Bilal : 1) le dessin de ce premier tome est encore quelque peu engoncé et manque de fluidité et 2) le ton parfois trop désabusé des personnages produit une sorte de trivialisation des enjeux que Bilal...more
MsMemberger
It’s been ages since I red this graphic novel, but when I stumble over the amazing novel "Saga" it made me think about Bilal and the Nikopol trilogy.

And it still is rather good :D
Whitelady3
I don't know what I was expecting but it felt like something was lacking. Maybe depth to the story or I'm missing something there. I did like the art, the gods, the way history repeats itself, but it could've gone further and deeper into some themes, I think.
Timo
Olinpa kokonaan unohtanu, kuin pirun hyvä tämä oli.
Ja sen, että mulla on tuossa mestartin itsensä signeeraus.
Dino Sedic
Dino Sedic marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Caliph
Caliph marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Stormytiggs
Stormytiggs marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Winston
Winston marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Maru Kun
Maru Kun marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
2tetheredhorses marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Corto Maltese: La ballade de la mer salée
  • Adèle et la bête (Adèle Blanc-Sec, #1)
  • Moebius 2: Arzach & Other Fantasy Stories (The Collected Fantasies of Jean Giraud, #2)
  • Le Maître des Montagnes (Thorgal, #15)
  • Arctic-Nation (Blacksad, #2)
  • Le Chat du Rabbin, Tome 1: La Bar Mitsva
  • Les Quantités négligeables (Le combat ordinaire, #2)
  • Persepolis, Volume 2 (Persepolis, #2)
  • Click
The Nikopol Trilogy: The Carnival of Immortals / The Woman Trap / Equator Cold The Dormant Beast (Le Sommeil du monstre, #1) 32 Décembre (Le Sommeil du monstre, #2) The Hunting Party Rendez-vous à Paris (Le Sommeil du monstre, #3)