Start by marking “Our Cheating Hearts: Love and Loyalty, Lust and Lies” as Want to Read:
Our Cheating Hearts: Love and Loyalty, Lust and Lies

Our Cheating Hearts: Love and Loyalty, Lust and Lies

Most of us manage to be monogamous, most of the time. But most of us also know that adultery is the 'crime' we could imagine ourselves committing.

But does being 'faithful' mean the same to everyone? Why DO people have affairs?

Using real-life testimony from those who have 'cheated' and those who have been cheated on, alongside the most up to date research, this book looks
Published May 6th 2013 by Virago

To ask other readers questions about Our Cheating Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Cheating Hearts

May Goh
Jan 28, 2015 May Goh rated it it was amazing
There is a lot of things to unpack from this book. I like how Feges narrated this book and the its relation to me (except for the marriage part, at least I'm pretty sure cohabitation is a much more favorable option for me).

Monogamy and infidelity. The former is pictured as a happily ever after while the latter is deem as a sexual betrayal. Modern society has become so disapproving of all sexual infidelity that we find it hard to feel tolerance when a person strays.

"Sexual boredom is inevitable.
Mary Karpel-Jergic
Nov 15, 2014 Mary Karpel-Jergic rated it really liked it
Shelves: relationships
I liked Figes analysis here. She pulls together a lot of data and assembles it in a sensitive manner. Relationships are precarious and can be the catalyst for both positive and negative experiences. Monogamy has become a feature of modern day marital commitment which is seemingly at odds with modern lifestyles. This paradox is explored well in this book and although offers not clear cut solutions for the avoidance of heartache it does provide lots of food for sensible thoughts around what we can ...more
Tonya
Nov 21, 2015 Tonya rated it liked it
I really liked the underlying message of hope in the last chapter. I will take that with me as I try to heal from my husband's betrayal.
Felicia
Felicia rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Grant Blundell
Grant Blundell rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2015
Husain Al-Awadh
Husain Al-Awadh rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Nano Alrais
Nano Alrais rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2014
Nicky
Nicky rated it did not like it
Dec 13, 2015
Emily Foster
Emily Foster rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Shawn
Shawn rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2015
amane el rhafour
amane el rhafour rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2015
Barbara Biro
Barbara Biro is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2014
Κατερίνα
Κατερίνα marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Janna Beck
Janna Beck marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Mehwish
Mehwish marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Athur Danun
Athur Danun marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2016