Summer Games

Summer Games

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  765 ratings  ·  13 reviews
As Raine Smith heads to the Olympic Games for the equestrian event, little does she realize that she's about to face her greatest peril in the arms of Cord Elliot, a man trained to protect her from sudden gunfire. Yet, from the moment Raine meets Cord's ice-blue glance, she knows he's more hazardous to her heart than a sniper's bullet.
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Intimate Moments, #57, 251 pages
Published July 1984 by Silhouette Books

M—
I recently read Beautiful Dreamer and loved it, so I tried this book. I wasn't overly impressed. Elizabeth Lowell improved a lot in 20 years between Remember Summer and Beautiful Dreamer. Summer wasn't a bad book it just wasn't good either. The love at first tackle (hehe) scenario was over done and not believable, but the rest of the love story was better. The theme of a "rambling man" meets special woman and changes his ways to stay with her, was done amazingly in Beautiful Dreamer, but doesn't...more
Angela
In the last of my Elizabeth Lowell Summer 2009 Marathon, I'm jumping out of the historicals and into a contemporary, Remember Summer. I was hoping that I'd get closer in general flavor to the sorts of suspense novels Lowell's been writing for much of her recent career, and at least in some ways, that's what I got; it was easy to see the progression from her historicals to this novel and on up to her later work. Still, this one's got its feet planted way more on the romance side of the fence than...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
May 05, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Seriously? Talk about seductin at warp speed! You gotta read it to understand, but...okay...I might just need to read (instead of listen to) chapters one and two again 'cause I obviously missed SOMETHING.

No, she was an unwilling victim (yet really willing) to be seduced by a man who had just knocked the wind out of her thinking her a terrorist.

Okay. Sure.

I so wanted to finsh this book, that I found myself actually skipping over some of the more detailed riding passages! Call me impatient. I was...more
boemum
I read this book when I was young and I must have liked it because I kept it. I found it on audio and was excited. I was confused less then an hour in. I picked up the book to see if the audio book missed a few chapters, but nope, there was no mistake. It baffles me that this book made it to the shelves. In less then ten pages the two main characters meet, lust after each other, and fall madly in love. I felt like I was being punked and there was a hidden camera and soon I'd find out it was not...more
Amanda
Audio Book #6 of 2009

I first read this book back in HS. Picked up, no doubt, because of the equestrian theme. I've read it twice, I believe, and enjoyed it this time. So when I was looking for an Audio book to listen to when we went to Buffalo, and I remembered this, I tought, why not? We've listened to two other Elizabeth Lowell audio books this year, so I though it would be tolerated.

What I didn't remember about the book was how little action took place. Most of the book seemed to be about the...more
C K
This is an author that I have read a lot of and have added her books to my 'keeper' book shelf. Most I have read at least twice and some even more than that. Always in depth characters that anyone can identify with on some level.
Julie
I enjoyed the parts about the Olympic equestrian competitions however the story was supposed to have some suspense/intrigue which it lacked. The background on the assassin was also missing. The end felt very rushed.
Lori Baldi
I enjoyed this book about the equestrian events more than the other parts of the story. I learned so much that helped me to follow the International Games held here in the US in 2010. Very exciting!
Amanda
Good story, "Cord" seems a little too good to be true. Ah, if only men did talk like that.
Christine US
the fact that I survived the book is a miracle - dear god, how bad
Kaye Gacho
my first Elizabeth Lowell book..
Michelle
Love the horses!
PWRL
Mar 29, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Diane Schmidt
Diane Schmidt marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Kanza
Kanza marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Jul 09, 2014
  • The Diamond Tiger
  • The Mackenzie Family (Mackenzie Family, #3-4)
  • Hot Pursuit (SEAL and Code Name, #4)
  • Shadow Dance
  • Deep Waters
  • Prince of Time (Chalice Trilogy, #3)
  • Prince of Shadows (Val Cache, #3)
  • Betrayed (Clan MacKenzie #3)
  • Legends Lake (Irish Castlelough Trilogy, #3)
  • The Prisoner (Orphan, #1)
  • On Wings of Magic
  • Infamous
  • Heart Of A Warrior (Ly-San-Ter, #3)
  • Seventh Heaven
  • His Captive Bride (Stolen Brides, #3)
  • The Ultimatum (Rystani #3)
  • My Reckless Heart (Thorne Brothers, #2)
  • Reckless Angel
19051
Individually and with co-author/husband Evan, Ann Maxwell has written over 60 novels and one non-fiction book. There are 30 million copies of these books in print, as well as reprints in 30 foreign languages. The novels range from science fiction to historical fiction, from romance to mystery to suspense.

In 1982, Ann began publishing as Elizabeth Lowell. Under that name she has received numerous p...more
More about Elizabeth Lowell...
Untamed (Medieval, #1) Amber Beach (Donovan, #1) Die in Plain Sight (Rarities Unlimited, #3) Enchanted (Medieval, #3) Jade Island (Donovan, #2)

“Some of us aren't meant to belong. Some of us have to turn the world upside down and shake the hell out of it until we make our own place in it.” 77 likes