Pooh's Pumpkin (Winnie the Pooh First Readers, #3)

Pooh's Pumpkin (Winnie the Pooh First Readers #3)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  4 reviews
When Pooh decides to grow a pumpkin, he knows it will need special care. So he tends to it carefully, and watches it grow from a tiny seed into a big beautiful pumpkin. This original tale will delight young readers as they discover the wonders of nature right along with Pooh.
Published August 1st 1998 by Disney Press (first published January 1st 1998)

Mandy
Rabbit gives Pooh pumpkin seeds to plant and grow his very own pumpkin. But as time passes and changes occur, Pooh worries his seeds will not grow a pumpkin!

Great book to teach the life cycle of a pumpkin!
Anna Johnson
The book is great for discussing life cycles, we use picture cards to sequence the story and the life cycle of the pumpkin. We also discuss things that a plant need for survival, soil, sun and water.
Trista
I appreciate the way this children's book approaches the questions kids raise about what is growing in their gardens. Gaines makes observations about the world surrounding Pooh as well as what is appearing in and around the plant as we follow a pumpkin seed through planing, germination, vines, flowering and finally a growing ball that changes colors when it ripens. Since I love nature, I was delighted to read this to the kiddos I nanny. We talked at great length about the growth cycle of plants,...more
Petrie Serrano
I liked it because I like Pooh, but I rate the picture books by what my son thinks.

He thinks Pooh is the "diaper bear" because of his appearance on Huggies and wasn't interested in hearing about a bear named Poopy even if he was growing a pumpkin. It took a few tries to get through it, then he slipped it into the back-to-library-bag when I went to the kitchen.
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 20, 2013
Prafull Agarwal
Prafull Agarwal marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Eandx
Eandx added it
Mar 29, 2013
Pooh Gets Stuck (Winnie the Pooh First Reader, #1) Pooh's Honey Tree (Winnie the Pooh First Reader, #5) Pooh's Halloween Parade (Winnie the Pooh First Readers, #15) Pooh's Halloween Pumpkin (Step into Reading) The Giving Bear (Winnie the Pooh First Reader, #9)