Start by marking “Consuming Fire” as Want to Read:
Consuming Fire

Consuming Fire (Scottish Highland #2)

Set in the Scottish Highlands in 1694, this epic novel tells the gripping story of one woman's struggle to find true freedom and love. Deceived by her father and betrayed by the man she loved, Maggie Robertson must turn to God for refuge. With the help of neighboring clan chief Adam Campbell, Maggie must work against the odds and ultimately find that true love, peace, and ...more
Published October 1st 2003 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Consuming Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Consuming Fire

Sheri Salatin
Forgiveness. Forgiveness was but an opening of one's heart to another so that compassion and understanding could flow in. Only then could one forgive in the truest sense of the word. The journey to that destination, however, asked as much of oneself as it did of the one who had injured you. Indeed it asked far more.

This is what Maggie Robertson learns. What she must fight her nature with every breath to embrace. Maggie finds herself used as a pawn in the hands of an unloving father and cruel sui
Anajoy-rusticgirl
Takes Place: 1694
Reading Level: High school
Content Level: Adult (It could be high school, however it was just meant to be for adults)
Violence: There are mentions of family feuds, several characters are poisoned, one of the main characters is shot, and someone dies when he falls off a cliff.
Swearing: None
Sexual Content: Kissing. One character (the villain) tries to 'take' a girl so she would be shamed into marrying him. (However, this does not TAKE place in the book)

Without looking at the title
Jeni Enjaian
While I enjoyed this book almost as much the first in the series, the inadequacies of Kathleen Morgan's writing as a bit more obvious in this one. It's still a guilty pleasure so I'll hold on to it. However, it is not the best example of the genre.

For example, the male protagonist, Adam Campbell, comes across as very feminine, at least in the way he thinks about emotional things. Don't confuse my meaning. I'm not saying that he comes across as effeminante, definitely not. What I am saying is tha
Pam Carroll
This book was good and bad all at the same time. The plot was intricately woven, and there was good character development of more than just the two main characters which I appreciated. However, her writing doesn't flow as easily as it should to me and the main character, Maggie, is unlikeable, which makes the book really frustrating throughout. There were also a couple missed opportunities in my mind to show their building relationship instead of just telling me that it happened. I.e., the trip ...more
Krystal  Read
Nov 09, 2015 Krystal Read rated it liked it
To start, I actually enjoyed this book more than the previous one in the series until near the end. The main character's personality really began to rub me the wrong way by then. At first, I understood her fears, doubts, and struggles.. However, in a story, when there is conflict resolved you usually anticipate it to stay that way and either the story ends or there are remaining conflicts. When the main character lapsed back in to doubt for the third, fourth, hundredth? time, I found myself irri ...more
Arlet Leno
Disappointed

This was a hard read to get into. It seemed to go on forever and was a bit repetitive. Maggie was not the smartest heroin in a book. One minute they were in love forever and the next they were next to hating each other. I would of liked to read more of their love and less of her hate. I really can't recommend this book.
Anastasia
Feb 02, 2013 Anastasia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good love story and this was by far one of my favorites. I actually went into the book expecting not to like it but goodness was I completely surprised. Excellent story with wonderful lessons.
Lindsey
Apr 28, 2014 Lindsey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Can Maggie get any more irritating? I get she's had a tough past, but come on. It wS like the author just wanted to drag.....it...out and couldn't think do any thing else to write about. Really disappointing.
Catherine
Jan 16, 2014 Catherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maggie has been betrayed her entire life by her parents, finally she leaves to fulfill her dream of becoming a nun. She is fulfilling God's calling for her life... or is she? This was well written and I was surprised by a number of plot twists.
Aerykah
This is a good book, though not as good as the first book in the series. It took me a bit to get into the book and several parts seemed to be really slow going. But, it was still interesting and I thought it ended pretty well.

Thanks for the loan, Elizabeth! :)
Carman
Feb 11, 2016 Carman rated it it was amazing
Very good ending to the series, even though Maggie could be extremely frustrating sometimes. :)
Solana Peterson
Nov 26, 2012 Solana Peterson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Anne
Jul 19, 2010 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maggie has been betrayed by her own father and the man she loves. Will she be able to find peace with Adam Campbell as she searches for peach with knowing God and the man she has married.
Mackenzie
Mar 05, 2014 Mackenzie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 of 2
Tara
Jan 18, 2015 Tara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ebook contained a lot of editing errors, including editor comments. Not an endearing main character... she's terribly immature and inconsistent.
Court
Mar 23, 2010 Court rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, but i just think it didn't quite deserve five stars. It was interesting, but i thought it did drag a little bit at parts.
Marleah
This was okay. I got really frustrated with Maggie though. She seemed to change her mind so frequently that she just annoyed me. The ending was too rushed as well. 2.5 stars.
Virna
Apr 16, 2011 Virna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great book
Jan 15, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good. I liked the part where Maggie was taking care of her friend after he had arrived in the nunnery infirmary.
Savannah Kagz
Jun 02, 2013 Savannah Kagz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a very interesting book and it was exciting. It was definitley a page-turner I would definitely encourge others to read it. It was done by Katherine Morgan ab amazing author!
Melissa Mobley
Melissa Mobley rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2014
Joyce Woods
Joyce Woods rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2015
Katelyn Pauls
Katelyn Pauls rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Brenda Dockery
Brenda Dockery rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
Chel ♪
Chel ♪ rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2007
BookLover
BookLover rated it did not like it
Sep 06, 2013
Regina
Regina rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2010
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2011
Jennifer Krebs
Jennifer Krebs rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2014
  • Highland Legacy: Four Generations of Love Are Rooted in Scotland
  • The Price of Freedom (Scottish Crown, #2)
  • The Duchess and the Dragon
  • Castles: Kingdom Divided / Alas My Love / If Only / Five Geese Flying
  • Rebel (The Brides of Alba #3)
  • Virginia
  • Beloved Captive (Fairweather Keys #2)
  • Awaken My Heart
  • Highland Crossings (Romancing America)
  • Unbridled Dreams
  • Patterns of Love (Coming to America, #2)
  • Hearts in the Highlands
  • Highland Sanctuary (Highlands #2)
  • Three Weddings and a Giggle
  • Bette (Women of Ivy Manor, #2)
  • Honor in the Dust (Winslow Breed, #1)
  • Courting Emma (Little Hickman Creek #3)
  • Lions of the Desert (Egypt Trilogy #2)

Kathleen began her career writing contemporary romances and soon moved to historical and futuristic romances. She sold her first book, a futuristic romance, in April 1990 while stationed in Korea as an Army nurse. Additional romances soon followed, until she had sold a total of fifteen books in the general mark
More about Kathleen Morgan...

Scottish Highland (2 books)
  • Embrace the Dawn (Scottish Highland, #1)