Start by marking “Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On” as Want to Read:
Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On

Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On

Do you ever wonder how you can get where you need to go in life and move into the purpose God has for you? During those times when the road ahead seems uncertain, learn to take God's hand and let Him lead you to places you can't get to without Him. Discover how when you walk in His light you can:

-overcome fear and doubt in difficult situations
-learn to see things from God
Published January 15th 1999 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On

Joy Longcop
Apr 08, 2009 Joy Longcop rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who are struggling with life decisions
Major lessons I learned from "Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On"

1.That if a person has Jesus in his/her heart, he/she will never be in complete darkness, no matter how dark he/she conceives himself/herself to be in, like what Revelations 21:23 says, “And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light.” Same thing with Christians, we don’t need any other light, because the Light of world Himself is right inside our hearts. And that L
Michelle
Jan 19, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I've had this book for years. Although it is great for reading chapter to chapter, it's also a sort of "reference" for different situations you may find yourself in throughout your life. I've picked it up, read a single chapter and been so refreshed. It contains solid Scriptural truths, and encouragement for trusting God in times when you're just not sure what or where the next step is in His perfect plan for you.
Tasha enderby
Mar 05, 2013 Tasha enderby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Do you ever have a book suggestion from a friend that hits just the right spot? That was this book for me and to be honest I have had it for months and have read it slower then most books it took months but no matter when I cracked open the book it hit the spot where I was. I loved it and it spans so many topic's that it could fit most people and if it doesn't skip on to the next chapter it's for you too.
Jaclyn
Feb 13, 2014 Jaclyn rated it it was amazing
Here is my exact review that I posted on Amazon (thought I would share here also):
Well, Stormie Omartian is my favorite author so of course I am going to say that you can't go wrong w/ her books because I haven't read one yet that didn't speak to my heart and help me to examine and grow my relationship w/ both God and others. This book, especially, gives the reader inspiration to keep pushing forward while learning to depend on God for every step you take because He, ultimately, is our Heavenly
Amy
Jan 16, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
If you have been reading my blog lately you may have noticed I have been going through some struggles. Hence dusting this book off. The uncertainty of our future at times feels crushing. But I am finding {again} God is still there. God is still in control. Above all God is Good. All the Time.

This book stated over and over and over-- How God is there. Guiding, leading, wanting to direct my steps. He wants and has good things for us.

I love that each chapter ends with a prayer and scripture {Footli
Toots Mama
Mar 30, 2011 Toots Mama rated it it was amazing
So far...I am loving this book. It's exactly what I am needing to get me through this struggle & make me look to & trust & hold onto God. The study guide in the back is amazing & really has made me think. Can't wait to see how this is going to bring me closer to God & strengthen my relationship with Him!!
Julie
Mar 11, 2008 Julie rated it it was amazing
This is a book I keep on hand and have read several times. I read it all the way through, intially, and I have read it in parts off-and-on since the first read. I have also given it and lent it out to friends who are in need of encouragement and reassurance of faith.
Julie De la fuente
I read this book while my 9 year old niece spent almost 5 months in a hospital, waiting for a heart transplant. Incredibly well written, and exactly what I needed at the time.
Judy
Mar 28, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing
Given to me by my daughter Stephanie Singley as I was facing breast cancer and the accompanying chemotherapy. I gave me strength to continue. That was 2001.
Mary Jo
Aug 21, 2012 Mary Jo is currently reading it
Any book written by Stormie Omartian I pick up to read lifts me up, inspires me, ignites my prayer life and my faith!
Shari
Jun 03, 2012 Shari rated it really liked it
Still reading but fantastic so far!!!!!!!
Misti
Mar 03, 2015 Misti rated it it was amazing
A book to be read again and again...
Jessica
Feb 10, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Similar to a lot of reviewers of this book, I too found this book in the exact moment that I needed it. In all actuality this book found me, as a good friend/co-worker passed it along - in knowing knowledge that it would help. And because of that gesture I am thankful to have this book, meet me in the step that I am on....

I really liked how the author set up the book with/ a chapter, a "prayer light" and ending in "foot lights". Chapter's & Passages that stood out to me:

Chapter 10- Knowing
Karen
Feb 05, 2016 Karen rated it liked it
I didn't agree with all the theological ideas in this book, but there were parts that were quite encouraging, exactly when I needed that particular piece of encouragement. For that reason, I'm so glad this has been an on-going read for the last few months.
Chandra Perkins
Jun 10, 2015 Chandra Perkins rated it it was amazing
If you are seeking God for an emotional healing, this book is a great guide. Supported by scriptures and real life experiences, I am hopeful and expecting my healing as I am prepared by God for the step I'm on.
Leala
Dec 26, 2014 Leala rated it really liked it
loved this book - her prays are perfect and i will read it again and again.
Penny Clark
Jan 26, 2014 Penny Clark rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Absolutely
Love everything Stormie has ever written! This book is no exception! This book will help build your faith and help you to see things from God's perspective.
Donna Hoyack
Sep 11, 2014 Donna Hoyack rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All time favorite devotional in difficult times.
Leighanne Paige
Feb 13, 2015 Leighanne Paige rated it really liked it
Haven't started it yet can't wait
Brooke
Oct 21, 2012 Brooke rated it liked it
I'm not a huge fan of this author's writing style, but as the book pressed on I did find some chapters helpful and applicable to my current situation. I found her use of life examples to be distracting. Less an explanation of what she meant (as I'm sure was her intent) and more of a "look at how perfect my life has become."

While I know many find them helpful, prewritten prayers always seem fake to me. I struggled to find my authenticity when reading/praying them at the end of each chapter.
Rachel Carrington
Nov 01, 2013 Rachel Carrington rated it it was amazing
I originally bought this book for a friend but found myself drawn to it after I started flipping through the pages. I read the first seventy pages in one sitting. The author has an easy, conversational tone as though she's simply having a discussion with you. And you find yourself learning as she talks. It's a wonderful way to encourage the hearts and minds of believers.

I'll be giving this book to my friend, but I'll be buying another copy for myself!
John
Nov 02, 2014 John rated it it was amazing
This a great book for people who are going through a long period a life challenge. My hearing has been nonexisting since mid August. This book help stop and think about God and trust in him daily.
Amanda
Jun 25, 2010 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Stormie Omartian is a truly gifted writer--and she gets her gifts from the Holy Spirit. She uses examples from her own life to illustrate points that can be difficult to grasp. I love the way she breaks down the necessity of having faith in God's plan, into bite size chunks. The chapters are short and end with wonderful prayers. What I like about her books is that each chapter stands on its own. Fantastic read!
Kim
Dec 07, 2011 Kim rated it it was amazing
This book has been such an inspiration on a very spiritual journey. For anyone doubting God's word or presence in their lives should read this. With each new chapter, questions were answered and confirmed for me. It is all scripture based with specific prayers at the end of each chapter. Life changing indeed
Zoe
Jul 13, 2013 Zoe rated it liked it
I think that book has a lot of good information. Definitely worth my time to read, it certainly change my perspective on some topics. However I only found some chapters useful and others not so much. Perhaps, if I were to read the book again at a later time, things would be different.
Joanna Coleman
Mar 12, 2014 Joanna Coleman rated it it was amazing
I loved the book....I love all of Stormie's books. This one met me right where I was and encouraged my heart when I needed it. I saw through Stormie's eyes the Trust we all need to have in Jesus Christ for every step we take...even when the path before us is dim or even dark.
DeAnn
Sep 02, 2008 DeAnn rated it really liked it
Repetitive theme of how God only sheds only enough light on your life and his plan for you to get you through. So far, it's a great read to strenghten your faith during uncertainties and that God is in charge no matter if we can't see the end of our issues or the stair above us.
Rebecca Prince sherfey
May 10, 2014 Rebecca Prince sherfey rated it it was amazing
This book is an amazing book. It shows how sometimes we may not always see the entire path that God has laid out before us, but sometimes he just gives us little glimpses so that we may have to trust him to see the next step.
Mandy
Mar 27, 2012 Mandy rated it liked it
Shelves: didn-t_finish
Couldn't finish this one. Repetitive vague statements about how God will always be there for you. From the title, I thought it was more about trusting God for your daily bread, and knowing that all things come in his time.
Lori Boyd
Jan 24, 2014 Lori Boyd rated it it was amazing
Exactly what I needed at the exact time I needed it! :) I plan on going back and reading it again to not only refresh but to see if there is anything different I can get out of it now during a new season of my life!!
  • Falling in Love with Jesus: Abandoning Yourself to the Greatest Romance of Your Life
  • How to Succeed at Being Yourself: Finding the Confidence to Fulfill Your Destiny
  • Max on Life: Answers and Insights to Your Most Important Questions
  • The Will of God as a Way of Life: How to Make Every Decision with Peace and Confidence
  • How to Study the Bible for Yourself
  • A Beautiful Offering: Returning God's Love with Your Life
  • Life Interrupted
  • Finding Peace: God's Promise of a Life Free from Regret, Anxiety, and Fear
  • Red-Hot Monogamy: Making Your Marriage Sizzle
Stormie Omartian is an award-winning bestselling author and speaker who personally connects with readers and listeners by sharing her experiences and illustrating how God transforms lives when we learn to trust in Him.

The strength and transparency of Stormie’s message has driven her books to the top of the bestsellers list. More than 26 million copies have been sold worldwide of her "Power of Pray
More about Stormie Omartian...

“Walking through each day without a clear guide, an accurate map, and a consistent light source is hazardous to your well-being. Fortunately, God’s Word provides us with the tools and help that we need.” 1 likes
“Hunger for God’s Word like food. Thirst for it like water. Soak in it like a jacuzzi. Put it on like a garment. Weave it into your soul so that it becomes part of the fabric of your life. When you do, you won’t just be trudging up the trail. You will be dancing in the footlights.” 1 likes