Start by marking “Desire in Disguise” as Want to Read:
Desire in Disguise

Desire in Disguise

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  224 ratings  ·  10 reviews
They called her the crimson witch, Genevieva Saint-Georges, former belle of Paris until the French Revolution sent her fleeing into her new life of piracy. She was only matched by the man they called the black Mephisto, notorious spy, master of disguise and black-masked bandit of the seas.
=================================================================They lived a dangero
Published February 1st 1989 by Warner Books (NY) (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Desire in Disguise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desire in Disguise

Gentle Rogue by Johanna LindseyRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanCaptive of My Desires by Johanna LindseyBound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Gift by Julie Garwood
Historical Pirate Romance Books
42nd out of 167 books — 365 voters
The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska OrczyThe Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre DumasThe Princess Bride by William GoldmanThe Raider by Jude DeverauxThe Mark of Zorro by Johnston McCulley
Double identity ( hero/heroine)
8th out of 67 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Regan Walker
Superb French Revolution Romance!

I have become a huge Rebecca Brandewyne fan and find many of her well woven, complex love stories absolutely captivating...they are so different than the fast past but shallow stuff we so often get today in romance. It's worth shopping for a good used copy of Brandewyne's historical novels on Amazon and curling up for a great read. Desire in Disguise is such a romance.

Like many of Brandewyne's romances (see my other reviews), it is divided into "books"--in this c
Cyraen
This is the book I read as a kid which made me really love romance. It is probably my number one romance of all time because of its complexity. I might not feel the same way as an adult, and I've read different books I might find more intellectually stimulating, but at fifteen, I was blown away.
Jaime Winchester
Taffey Champion
I'll simply say that this was a good read which made me think of a male and female "Zorro" duo. They are a married couple through convenience. However, they fall "head over heels" in love with one another while they're assuming their respective alter ego identities.
Sheena Westerman
I loved the setup of this book and the varying "scenes" in this book ! I stayed up until 3 am to finish this I just couldn't put it down !
Kate
This was one of those books which were waiting on my Moms bookshelve, waiting to be discovered by me.
I loved it right from the start, even while being a bit too young for the sex scenes in it. But the topic of pirates, a female pirate to get revenge for the things she lost, and the characters intrigued me.

I read it over and over again, but then, sadly, it kind of vanished during moving houses :(
I still ave my hopes up that it is somewhere upstairs in a bookbox, waiting to be discovered again ;)
Lynda
The identities of the Crimson Witch and the Black Mephisto were revealed. Both characters were passionate and very skilled in fencing, schooner sailing, disguises, and distaste for France. Their paths crossed between the pages and it was passionate and dramatic. The writing was sensual in nature and exquisitely detailed capturing the scenery and emotions for the reader to easy visualize.
Arlene Kellas
My favorite romance. Maybe because it was one of my first, but I love the crazy little poems mixed through the book. I also love how all of her books have the story outlined in her poems at the beginning along with her 'cast'.
Sara
This was my number one romance novel for a long time. I read it when I was fifteen so my tastes have probably changed, but this book will always be a benchmark for me when it comes to romance and masks.
Renee
A recommendation from my misspent youth. Purple prose, big misunderstandings, disguises, and that cover! My 14 year old self re-read this one a dozen times.
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Blacky *Romance Addict* marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Heather Fay
Heather Fay marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Blue Falcon
Blue Falcon marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
  • The Spanish Rose
  • Lovesong (Song, #1)
  • A Pirate's Pleasure (Cameron Family Saga #2)
  • Sea Fire (Pirates, #2)
  • Fire & Ice
  • Captain's Bride
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
  • Surrender to Love
  • Captive Passions (Captive, #1)
20965
Born in Knoxville, Tennessee, Rebecca lived in Knoxville and then, later, Chattanooga for the first few years of her life. After that, she and her family moved to Kansas, where she grew up, spending her summers in Alabama, visiting both sets of her grandparents. She says she's just a country girl with a dash of big city sprinkled in for spice. But having traveled extensively in the United States, ...more
More about Rebecca Brandewyne...
Love, Cherish Me Forever My Love No Gentle Love Upon a Moon-Dark Moor Rose of Rapture