Start by marking “Evil Grows & Other Thrilling Tales” as Want to Read:
Evil Grows & Other Thrilling Tales

Evil Grows & Other Thrilling Tales

Loren D. Estleman has been writing and publishing books and novels since 1976. His fiction includes westerns, mysteries, thrillers, and historical thrillers. Along the way, he's written a number of crime stories. Stories about the darker side of life, broken hearts, swindles, double-dealing and just plain evil men and women who define the title of this collection. No ...more
Published May 22nd 2012 by Crossroad Press

To ask other readers questions about Evil Grows & Other Thrilling Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evil Grows & Other Thrilling Tales

A. Sines
Mar 24, 2016 A. Sines rated it really liked it
**I received this book in exchange for an honest review.**

Evil Grows & Other Thrilling Tales is a delightfully dark noir glimpse into the worlds of the criminal underbelly. Less a gruesome, blood-spattered attempt at gore, more an in depth peek into the minds of those who kill in a kill-or-be-killed criminal underbelly.

The writing is tight and dynamic, not wasting words even in intense descriptions that draw you in like quicksand.

Imagine yourself strolling along, glancing around and somethin
Daphne
Nov 02, 2015 Daphne rated it really liked it
Shelves: quest
I have never read/listened to anything from Loren D. Estleman, but this collection has made me want to search out another full length book to see if I really like him. The narrator was also great, and I plan on going through his other narrated titles to see if I want to pick any up. Disclaimer: I received this audio book for free from audiobookblast in exchange for an honest review.

There is no way I would have enjoyed the book as much if I had tried the print version. For me, I can never really
Cassandra Wilson-Sparks
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
I really enjoy horror books of almost every type, but for some reason, this book just did not resonate with me. The narration was good and I didn't run into a problem with the writing or anything, but it just didn't click for me. I need to have my books grab a hold of me and not let go...and this one just didn't do it for me. I even tried skipping to a different tale (since it's a set of stories), and it didn't fit for me. That being said...
Annie
Jul 09, 2015 Annie rated it it was amazing
** I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review **

This was a great collection of short mystery/thriller stories and is very well narrated! I listened to it all in one day and enjoyed it very much...if you like thrillers, and unexpected twists...this will keep you entertained for hours....I recommend!!!!

Brian Mcclain
Jun 28, 2015 Brian Mcclain rated it it was amazing
A great collection of crime short stories with varied characters that are as realistic as they are doomed by the existences they lead. The expected twists are fantastic, and I found myself awaiting the next thing that was going to befall the protagonists. Greatly recommend, I received the audible code for this for free in exchange for an honest review.
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2015
Dennis
Dennis rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2015
Thom Haneline
Thom Haneline marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Kk
Kk marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 02, 2016
Paula
Paula is currently reading it
Nov 08, 2016
Loren D. Estleman is an American writer of detective and Western fiction. He writes with a manual typewriter.

Estleman is most famous for his novels about P.I. Amos Walker. Other series characters include Old West marshal Page Murdock and hitman Peter Macklin. He has also written a series of novels about the history of crime in Detroit (also the setting of his Walker books.) His non-series works in
More about Loren D. Estleman...