Flame of Recca, Vol. 01 (Flame of Recca, #1)

Flame of Recca, Vol. 01 (Flame of Recca #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  398 ratings  ·  18 reviews
With skills like fire control at his fingertips, teen ninja Recca can vanquish school bullies while protecting pretty classmate Yanagi Sakoshita. But now he comes face to face with his most formidable foe yet famed water swordsman Mikagami. Will water douse the flame of Recca, or will the young ninja burn brighter than ever?
Published July 30th 2003 by VIZ Media LLC

Sami C
Flame of Recca is my first favorite anime TV show, so I will always be fond of anything that has to do with this series. I do feel bad that I never thought to read the manga until now. It's not as well-drawn as the anime, but the imaginative story surely makes up for it. So I am reading this as I watch the anime.

(view spoiler)...more
Ana
Flamme of Recca is not the best drawn manga out there, but the story and especially the characters made up for that.
Besides, later on, the art on this manga evolves so much it's even hard to tell it's from the same artist.
I loved this manga!
Corinne
I think teen boys will enjoy this series, but a cyclone that blows a girl's clothes off caused some eye rolling on my part.

Recca will only become master to one who can beat him in a fight, until he decides to make a pretty girl at school who has secret healing powers his master solely because her character makes her worth serving. The tomboy rival who has a crush on Recca and the thug who has a crush on the tomboy are our side characters, as well as a woman who cannot kill herself no matter how...more
Grace Zhen
Gita Savitri Putri
This is the first serious ninja manga I've ever read, beside comedy ninja story like Ninja Hattori :))

I collected this series when I was in the 4th grade of elementary school. Far away behind Naruto series first released 3 years later, I already knew "Hokage" thing. Not like Kishimoto who made "Hokage" as a title of the Konoha Gakure's Leader, this book made "Hokage" as a name of the greatest Ninja Clan in Japan history. The leader of Hokage clan always the only one in every generation, who has...more
Ubalstecha
Interesting manga about a young man (Recca) who wants to be a ninja. In this volume, he finds his princess, fellow student Yanagi Sakoshita, to whom he pledges his undying loyalty. This irks his fellow classmates, because Recca has always said he would be the slave of the first person who could beat him in combat. Particularly upset are lifelong friend Fuko Kirisawa, who has fought with Recca since they were children, and classmate Domon Ishijima, who is jealous of the attention that Fuko lavish...more
Rylan Perrott
I watched the anime of Flame of Recca many years ago and been looking forward to reading the manga.

just like the anime at the start the story is fairly juvenile and simple. But the story and especially the characters should quickly evolve!
Despair Speaking
This is the first ninja material I've ever read! Despite some of its cliché moments and jerky art, it was enjoyable and its ability system was cool. I love Recca's dragons and, back when I was a kid, memorized a few of them and the hand gestures needed to summon them. Now I only remember Setsuna. Oh well. It's a nice blast from the past.
Jenna
While the drawing style in the beginning wasn't my favorite, I love the characters as well as the evolution of the drawing style throughout the entire series. The anime really doesn't have anything on the manga. And, likewise, Naruto always was a second rate ninja (to me) in comparison.
Mayday
When I listen to Laruku's old songs, my mind will always go to this manga, I remember my grade went downhill because I read this while having exam. Oh my pre-teen manga (シ_ _)シ
Emmy Lou
Honestly, I was going to give this 2 stars until about the last 1/4 of the book. Then it became pretty good! Now if only the rest of the book was like that...
Davendra
A good series, very lengthy and keeps you gripped. Adventure and action series. Like many graphic Novels, not a very challenging series, easy to read.
Ethan Clark
I'm unimpressed by how this volume turned out. Regardless of whether the series gets better, I believe that I won't be reading it for a while.
Jesse
I'm not going to add all of these books, but know that this is probably the best manga anyone is going to read, ever.
Tara
it told me a year to read this
because I keeped putting it off

got show
Rebecca
Aug 18, 2008 Rebecca rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like to read manga
Recommended to Rebecca by: No one... it was just callin ma name
Shelves: magic
I like it... It is an old manga but it was good...
Nick
Nov 09, 2007 Nick rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: manga lovers
Shelves: already-read
Great book Read 1-14 highly recomended
Alexandria
Very cool story...own the anime, but want to get more out of the story
Miliana
Miliana marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Julian Patton
Julian Patton marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
  • Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 01
  • Peacemaker Kurogane Volume 1
  • Full Metal Panic!, Vol. 1 (Full Metal Panic!, #1)
  • Kekkaishi, Vol. 01 (Kekkaishi, #1)
  • Air Gear, Vol. 1 (Air Gear, #1)
  • Yakitate!! Japan, Volume 1
  • Beelzebub, Vol. 01: I Picked Up the Demon Lord (Beelzebub, #1)
  • Jing: King of Bandits Volume 1
  • Zombie Powder: The Man With the Black Hand (Zombie Powder, #1)
  • tactics, Volume 1
  • Someday's Dreamers, Vol. 01
  • Tegami Bachi, Vol. 2: Letter Bee/The Letter to Jiggy Pepper
  • The Record of a Fallen Vampire, Volume 1
  • Trigun Maximum Volume 3: His Life As A ...
  • Rin-Ne 1 (Rin-Ne, #1)
  • GetBackers, Volume 1
  • Alichino (Alichino, #1)
  • Zatch Bell!, Vol. 1 (Zatch Bell, #1)
Nobuyuki Anzai (安西 信行 Anzai Nobuyuki?, born August 19, 1972) is a Japanese manga artist. He was an assistant of Kazuhiro Fujita.
More about Nobuyuki Anzai...
MAR, Vol. 1 (Marchen Awakens Romance, #1) Flame of Recca, Vol. 02 (Flame of Recca, #2) Mar: Volume 2 Flame of Recca, Vol. 03 (Flame of Recca, #3) Flame of Recca, Vol. 04 (Flame of Recca, #4)