Start by marking “Organic Chemistry I for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Organic Chemistry I for Dummies

Organic Chemistry I for Dummies

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A plain-English guide to one of the toughest science courses around Organic chemistry is rated among the most difficult courses that students take and is frequently the cause of washout among pre-med, medical, and nursing students. This book is an easy-to-understand and fun reference to this challenging subject. It explains the principles of organic chemistry in simple ter ...more
Published July 8th 2005 by For Dummies

To ask other readers questions about Organic Chemistry I for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Organic Chemistry I for Dummies

Ryan R
This Book=Hard=Big Confusing Words=I like turtles. If anyone is reading this,i have a question. Is the (Something) 4 dummies books mostly for college students and High School Students or for all ages (kinda). I LIKE TURTLES.
Miles
I'm a big fans of the For Dummies series. I can't say that I much like the titles themselves, since I think Organic Chemistry I Made Simple would appeal to me more. That said, generally the content is well designed to stand alone and give the reader a basic working knowledge of the material covered.

I'm afraid this particular book is an exception to that.

Organic Chem I emphasizes the need to work problems to truly understand the material. That's fine, but there are only two or three problems incl
-uht!
Dec 10, 2013 -uht! marked it as to-read
The weakest part of my science knowledge is the marriage of chemistry to biology. I figured this would be an okay place to start, but I'd rather have a non-textbook... Anybody got any recommendations?
Kristina Wolfe
I made it half way before I stopped trying to understand it and just finished reading it. Looks like I'll be having to pay very close attention to my homework.
Joelle
Jun 15, 2009 Joelle added it
Shelves: wine, reference
I am reading this so I can understand my wine chemistry class. It's been years since I have tortured my brain with chemistry.

I'm a little ashamed.
Kate Wu
I would give it a 3.5. It does help somewhat breakdown some complicated terms to the basics but does not go deep into the subject
Chole Allyson
Very Helpful in learning the basics of Organic Chemistry. Recommended
Nashan
Got me an A!
Sxrmafia
to read
Russell Edwards
Russell Edwards is currently reading it
Jun 20, 2015
Dinda Noviandini
Dinda Noviandini marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Rodney Hartman
Rodney Hartman marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Zafar Qureshi
Zafar Qureshi marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Leiannasaur
Leiannasaur marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Hoshy Mina
Hoshy Mina marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
ZeGingerQueen
ZeGingerQueen marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Shivam Sharma
Shivam Sharma marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Sean Slattery
Sean Slattery marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Lukas
Lukas added it
Apr 23, 2015
Kalpatron
Kalpatron marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
David Zysk
David Zysk marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Eric Fleming
Eric Fleming marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
  • Biochemistry for Dummies
  • Nature's Nether Regions: What the Sex Lives of Bugs, Birds, and Beasts Tell Us About Evolution, Biodiversity, and Ourselves
  • General Chemistry
  • Chemistry: The Molecular Nature of Matter and Change
  • Concepts of Genetics
  • Genetics For Dummies
  • Gary Vaynerchuk's 101 Wines: Guaranteed to Inspire, Delight, and Bring Thunder to Your World
  • The New Sotheby's Wine Encyclopedia
  • Physics for Dummies
  • Organic Chemistry
  • The American Girls Handy Book: How to Amuse Yourself and Others (Nonpareil Books)
  • Animal Behavior: An Evolutionary Approach
  • Memoirs of a Medieval Woman: the Life and Times of Margery Kempe
  • Organic Chemistry
  • Seeds of Hope: Wisdom and Wonder from the World of Plants
  • Organic Chemistry I as a Second Language
  • The Bible with Sources Revealed
  • Bacchus and Me: Adventures in the Wine Cellar
Organic Chemistry I Workbook for Dummies Build Your Brain Power: The Latest Techniques to Preserve, Restore, and Improve Your Brain's Potential Brain Workout: Easy Ways to Power Up Your Memory, Sensory Perception, and Intelligence Organic Chemistry I For Dummies® Smart Food: Diet and Nutrition for Maximum Brain Power