Start by marking “Organic Chemistry I for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Organic Chemistry I for Dummies

Organic Chemistry I for Dummies

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A plain-English guide to one of the toughest science courses around Organic chemistry is rated among the most difficult courses that students take and is frequently the cause of washout among pre-med, medical, and nursing students. This book is an easy-to-understand and fun reference to this challenging subject. It explains the principles of organic chemistry in simple ter ...more
Published July 8th 2005 by For Dummies

To ask other readers questions about Organic Chemistry I for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Organic Chemistry I for Dummies

Miles
I'm a big fans of the For Dummies series. I can't say that I much like the titles themselves, since I think Organic Chemistry I Made Simple would appeal to me more. That said, generally the content is well designed to stand alone and give the reader a basic working knowledge of the material covered.

I'm afraid this particular book is an exception to that.

Organic Chem I emphasizes the need to work problems to truly understand the material. That's fine, but there are only two or three problems incl
Ryan R
This Book=Hard=Big Confusing Words=I like turtles. If anyone is reading this,i have a question. Is the (Something) 4 dummies books mostly for college students and High School Students or for all ages (kinda). I LIKE TURTLES.
-uht!
Dec 10, 2013 -uht! marked it as to-read
The weakest part of my science knowledge is the marriage of chemistry to biology. I figured this would be an okay place to start, but I'd rather have a non-textbook... Anybody got any recommendations?
Kristina Wolfe
I made it half way before I stopped trying to understand it and just finished reading it. Looks like I'll be having to pay very close attention to my homework.
Joelle
Jun 15, 2009 Joelle added it
Shelves: wine, reference
I am reading this so I can understand my wine chemistry class. It's been years since I have tortured my brain with chemistry.

I'm a little ashamed.
Kate Wu
I would give it a 3.5. It does help somewhat breakdown some complicated terms to the basics but does not go deep into the subject
Chole Allyson
Very Helpful in learning the basics of Organic Chemistry. Recommended
Nashan
Got me an A!
Sxrmafia
to read
Gerry
Gerry marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Jeydien Justiniano
Jeydien Justiniano marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Lexa Crooks
Lexa Crooks marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Rana
Rana marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Hieutam
Hieutam marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Samsam
Samsam marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Glenda
Glenda marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Christiana Okere
Christiana Okere marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Kofi
Kofi marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Jess
Jess added it
Sep 16, 2014
Latoya Douglas
Latoya Douglas marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Biochemistry for Dummies
  • General Chemistry
  • Nature's Nether Regions: What the Sex Lives of Bugs, Birds, and Beasts Tell Us About Evolution, Biodiversity, and Ourselves
  • Physical Chemistry: A Molecular Approach
  • Organic Chemistry
  • Physics for Dummies
  • Gary Vaynerchuk's 101 Wines: Guaranteed to Inspire, Delight, and Bring Thunder to Your World
  • Organic Chemistry
  • The Bible with Sources Revealed
  • Memoirs of a Medieval Woman: the Life and Times of Margery Kempe
  • The American Girls Handy Book: How to Amuse Yourself and Others (Nonpareil Books)
  • Animal Behavior: An Evolutionary Approach
  • Organic Chemistry I as a Second Language
  • Seeds of Hope: Wisdom and Wonder from the World of Plants
  • Bacchus and Me: Adventures in the Wine Cellar
  • The Bible for Dummies
  • Adventures on the Wine Route: A Wine Buyer's Tour of France
  • Knitting For Dummies
Build Your Brain Power: The Latest Techniques to Preserve, Restore, and Improve Your Brain's Potential Brain Workout: Easy Ways to Power Up Your Memory, Sensory Perception, and Intelligence Organic Chemistry I Workbook for Dummies Organic Chemistry I For Dummies® Smart Food: Diet and Nutrition for Maximum Brain Power