Start by marking “Organic Chemistry I for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Organic Chemistry I for Dummies

Organic Chemistry I for Dummies

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A plain-English guide to one of the toughest science courses around Organic chemistry is rated among the most difficult courses that students take and is frequently the cause of washout among pre-med, medical, and nursing students. This book is an easy-to-understand and fun reference to this challenging subject. It explains the principles of organic chemistry in simple ter ...more
Published July 8th 2005 by For Dummies

To ask other readers questions about Organic Chemistry I for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Organic Chemistry I for Dummies

Ryan R
Jan 30, 2010 Ryan R rated it 4 of 5 stars
This Book=Hard=Big Confusing Words=I like turtles. If anyone is reading this,i have a question. Is the (Something) 4 dummies books mostly for college students and High School Students or for all ages (kinda). I LIKE TURTLES.
I'm a big fans of the For Dummies series. I can't say that I much like the titles themselves, since I think Organic Chemistry I Made Simple would appeal to me more. That said, generally the content is well designed to stand alone and give the reader a basic working knowledge of the material covered.

I'm afraid this particular book is an exception to that.

Organic Chem I emphasizes the need to work problems to truly understand the material. That's fine, but there are only two or three problems incl
Gut strukturiertes Ergänzungswerk zu meiner OC-Vorlesung. Verständliche Erklärungen mit guten Bespielen.
Dec 10, 2013 -uht! marked it as to-read
The weakest part of my science knowledge is the marriage of chemistry to biology. I figured this would be an okay place to start, but I'd rather have a non-textbook... Anybody got any recommendations?
Kristina Wolfe
I made it half way before I stopped trying to understand it and just finished reading it. Looks like I'll be having to pay very close attention to my homework.
Jun 15, 2009 Joelle added it
Shelves: wine, reference
I am reading this so I can understand my wine chemistry class. It's been years since I have tortured my brain with chemistry.

I'm a little ashamed.
Kate Wu
I would give it a 3.5. It does help somewhat breakdown some complicated terms to the basics but does not go deep into the subject
Chole Allyson
Very Helpful in learning the basics of Organic Chemistry. Recommended
Got me an A!
to read
Sara is currently reading it
Nov 25, 2015
Rex is currently reading it
Nov 20, 2015
Tyler marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Jamshaid Iqbal
Jamshaid Iqbal marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Maegen Wagner
Maegen Wagner marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Commando25393 marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Frank added it
Oct 22, 2015
Siham marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Regina M
Regina M marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Dylan Taylor
Dylan Taylor is currently reading it
Sep 26, 2015
Alana marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Adam Abou Soukkar
Adam Abou Soukkar marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
ABDELBAGI marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Sandycandy marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Biochemistry for Dummies
  • Genetics For Dummies
  • The New Sotheby's Wine Encyclopedia
  • Gary Vaynerchuk's 101 Wines: Guaranteed to Inspire, Delight, and Bring Thunder to Your World
  • Memoirs of a Medieval Woman: the Life and Times of Margery Kempe
  • Bacchus and Me: Adventures in the Wine Cellar
  • Nature's Nether Regions: What the Sex Lives of Bugs, Birds, and Beasts Tell Us About Evolution, Biodiversity, and Ourselves
  • Organic Chemistry
  • Organic Chemistry I as a Second Language
  • CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
  • General Chemistry
  • Adventures on the Wine Route: A Wine Buyer’s Tour of France
  • Calculus for Dummies
  • The Complete Guide to the Baby-Sitters Club
  • Logic For Dummies (For Dummies (Math & Science))
  • Biology for Dummies