Start by marking “The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)

The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  420,464 ratings  ·  10,474 reviews
Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears on campus, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to worse.
In this fourth installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half
Published March 6th 2008 by Hyperion Books for Children

To ask other readers questions about The Battle of the Labyrinth, please sign up.

Luke J. Schelvan Oh my gosh!!!!! That's only two days after my my birthday!!!!!! I hope I will get it for a late birthday present!!!!!
Serena You can either buy this book or borrow from your local/school library. Rick is always writing a book a year - 'The Blood of Olympus', the last of five…moreYou can either buy this book or borrow from your local/school library. Rick is always writing a book a year - 'The Blood of Olympus', the last of five books in the 'The Heroes of Olympus' will be out Oct. 7th 2014. Next year in October his new series 'Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard' will be out. (less)
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
16th out of 20,872 books — 56,104 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeTwilight by Stephenie MeyerPride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Best Books Ever
183rd out of 39,804 books — 148,408 voters

More lists with this book...

Cara
Why did I wait so long to read these? I have no good explanation and if you ask me I'll just give you the shifty eyes and mumble something incoherent because I don't have a good reason. What counts though is that I am reading them now right? On the upside I don't have to agonize for the long wait for new books to come out, but still... if I had just known!

So as expected Percy's summer is going to be filled with another quest and yet another colossal problem that brings him closer to the prophecy
Namratha
After a week of some truly disappointing reads, I am thoroughly glad to say that Percy Jackson and The Battle of The Labyrinth lived up to my expectations and was utterly engaging.

...............................
Half-boy, half-God Percy Jackson starts off the new school year by battling a pair of ‘ Empousai ’ and blowing up his school. Again. He also runs into Rachel Elizabeth Dare, the mysterious mortal girl who can see through the mist.

It’s time to head back to Camp Half-Blood, because troub
Chloe
This series gets better with each book!
Mario
Boy, did I enjoy this book. I have yet to read The Last Olympian, but I'm pretty sure this one is best one in the series.
Roxanne Hsu Feldman
I can't tell whether this is my favorite of the existing Percy Jackson stories. After a while, it has become just a story that I must read because it's in the series and there is no way that I can stop now! But it is definitely highly entertaining and I especially appreciate the fact that Riordan manages to make the young characters grow up convincingly as modern teens. I have a fascination with mazes and labyrinths so anything with this setting tends to make me happy, although I did not quite " ...more
Ademilson Moraes
The fourth novel in the Percy Jackson series was rather polarizing for me. On the one hand, it represented an aggressive move from the usually harmless adventures of the young teens, to a darker and bloodier novel. I welcome the change, especially since I have complained in some of the novels that there was a definite lack of permanence and actual stakes.

The book is packed with nicely written and powerful scenes and, as a coherent whole, I felt very in tune with Battle of the Labyrinth. The titu
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Well, now I've read this for the third time––and it was still fantastic, of course. This one has always been one of my favorites (I'm not sure whether this one or the fifth one is my favorite, so I guess I'll consider them tied). Part of what I love about it is that the old gang is back together (Percy, Annabeth, and Grover that is) so it's more reminiscent of the first book. And Tyson and Rachel are awesome, too.

I also love that Annabeth leads the quest in this one (about time, pfft) because sh
Cait Grace
CAN I JUST SAY THAT I HAVE WARMED UP TO ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE BOOKS?!! I started rather dubious with 3-star ratings, but they've quickly climbed to 4. I'm sucked in. I'm a worm on a hook. Just staaahp everything and let me keep reading. (I literally read 3 books in one week.) Although they still haven't quite hit the pinnacle of "absolute awesome" for me. Maybe the last book?! omg! I'm nearly finished this first series!

So I loved the plot of this one a lot more. It felt more varied. It's still t
Valerie
Already I can't wait to start reading The Last Olympian, just have to wait for nine other people to read it first at the library. That's no time at all right? I'm trying to reassure myself.

This is my favorite of the series so far. It was slightly less funny in this ones but its totally made up for by all the action and gods and characters. I mean gosh, there are a lot more gods, monsters, and heroes than I gave mythology credit for.

We see Percy come out and act like a real true blue hero thoug
Zoë (readbyzoe)
WOW. This series is getting so intense and I can't wait to see how the final book plays out! Although I enjoyed this book, it was a little repetitive at times and my interest wavered. However, I will definitely be picking up the last book soon!
Laz

This is just so fun and I love how this one takes more dramatic turns than the previews novel. This book is an introduction to how dangerous it really is and we come to think of them not only as adventures and as heroes but as people who can die just as easily as a human being. They are mortal, our heroes, not immortal.

Like I said, this series just gets more and mature and I think I love this
Bookwraiths
The Battle of the Labyrinth is the fourth of Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, following after The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, and The Titan's Curse. For those readers who have been off the grid for years, Percy Jackson is the half-mortal son of Poseidon, Greek God of the Sea, who has been training at Camp Half-Blood for years to confront the ominous Kronos and his Titans; a group of divine beings determined to avenge their ancient defeat and destroy the Olympian g ...more
JoLee
I could not wait for the 91 people who are ahead of me in the queue at the library. I bought this book, and I am going to buy the others in the series as well. I think I'll want to reread these stories.

I really powered through the last couple books in this series. This time around, I wanted to slow down a bit. So, I alternated between this book and a collection of Greek mythology. I was happy I did because in The Battle of the Labyrinth Percy, Annabeth, Tyson, and Grover have to deal with sever
Jonathan

I have a kind of unconditional love relationship with this series. By which I mean I love it regardless of what anyone else might say. And this book, The Battle of the Labyrinth was a favourite in the series when I read it. That said I don't want to merely write a review that indicates my emotional reaction to this series but also my thoughtful philosophical reaction.

I am on record as having said that I can't appreciate a book unless there's something for me to take out of it. No doubt there wou
Candy Hartley
It's always a good time to re-read PJ :)
Ashley
Really enjoyed this one. Glad to be moving more in the YA direction. I'm just feeling so disconnected from Middle Grade anymore.
Alejandra "Allie"
Jun 04, 2008 Alejandra "Allie" rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fantasy, mythology, and YA book lovers
Shelves: fantasy
. . . that I can enjoy a book series as much as Harry Potter!

I really love Percy Jackson and the Olympians, probably even more than the kids. As I have said before, they are even better read-a-louds, to my elementary age children, than the Potter series. The dialogue is rich (work on your many voices) and just about any page is a great stopping point because there are so many cliff hanging action moments. Nothing is ever slow in this series.

Probably the best thing about Percy Jackson in the Oly
April
Jan 31, 2015 April rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own

I've noticed that every single book in this series outlines the same way:

- Percy begins at yet another school.
- Monster at school that Percy doesn't notice until they/it try to kill him.
- Grover, Annabeth or another half blood arrives.
- "We need to go on another quest!"
- Percy, Annabeth and/or Grover go back to Camp Half-Blood.
- Approach Mr. D about going on previously said quest.
- Mr. D says no.
- All sulk for a chapter.
- WE MUST GO ON QUEST. NO MATTER WHAT.
- Quest begins.
Aisha
The Battle of the Labyrinth is the 4th book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series. Normally around the third book of a series, I start to lose interest in the story and characters and find myself struggling to complete the series. However, like the HP series, this book keeps me wanting more and continues to capture my attention.

I will not write much about the plot while attempt to write a spoiler free review. I will say that I still love the fact that I learn so much about Greek mythology
Andre
The Battle of the Labyrinth was a huge disappointment to me. It did not get good until halfway through. The first half of the book was action-packed like the first three books of the series, but the action was, for lack of a better term, dumb. At the start of the series, Percy Jackson was twelve. Throughout The Battle of the Labyrinth, he was fourteen. The book was written as if there was no mental development or personal growth during those two years. Percy behaves as if he had learned nothing. ...more
TL
Will do proper review of the whole series once I listen to book five audiobook hopefully sometime next month or later this month.

(movie sucked but I love this gif)

Another great re-visit to my book family :) When can I go on a quest with Percy? Pretty please? Haha

In the third one, I loved Nico but this book is when he became one of my favorites. If I were at Camp Half Blood, I'd be his friend... his powers are pretty awesome and slightly scary sometimes,a few times I wanted to give him a hug and
Janie Johnson
Another great installment to the Percy Jackson series! I am really enjoying the series a lot especially since I did not think I would like it all that much, but it has been a treat reading it and I will be sad when the series is over.

In this book Percy and his comrades must explore the interior of the Labyrinth created many many years ago by Daedalus to prevent an attack on Camp half blood. What secret will be revealed, who will survive and who will not?

Wow the world and imagery that Riordan has
Renz
”A section of wall. A boulder. A doorway. A sewer entrance. But it would have the mark of Daedalus on it. A Greek Δ, glowing in blue."

The mark of Daedalus is a mark that represents the entrance to the Labyrinth. Daedalus was a skillful craftsman and artisan. He was also an inventor, architect and a genius who created the Labyrinth, a maze built for King Minos and it traps the Minotaur. Daedalus is one of the major characters in this book and his Labyrinth served as the central plot element.

The
 ᴍɪᴄs * en proceso de recuperación....*
Percy & Rachel

Percy & Annabeth

Grover & Juniper
description

Percy & Calypso, El laberinto, Clarisse y Chris, Luke, Dédalo, Mrs. O' Leary, Paul & Sally, Nico.

¿Que puedo decir? Adoro esta saga.
midnightfaerie
Much like the first three books, but better with each one. The story line has lots of fun action, that keeps you involved and engaged and wanting to turn the page. And my favorite aspect again, is the educational value this book has. I had forgotten just how much there was to the mythology behind the stories. Not something I'd ever read again as an adult, unless I was reading it to my kids, which very well may happen. But a great series for middle school age or maybe even a little younger, depen ...more
Clau R.
At first I was going to rate it 4.5 stars, but that ending made me smile so much and I think that was what I've been looking for in this saga. I wanted a PJO book to end leaving me with a warm feeling in my heart and I didn't get it until this book <3. I love Nico so much. Also, I really like Poseidon :').

So 5 stars!
Juliana Zapata
Que puedo decir de estos libros que no haya dicho ya? Son maravillosos, increíbles, magníficos! Amo a Percy, a Poseidon y a Rick Riordan!

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2014/1...
Video-Reseña: http://youtu.be/g_TPfcC58ZI
Dawn McAlterego
Aw man, this book was amazing! I'm so excited about the last book!
Pao Lerman
You shall delve in the darkness of the endless maze,

The dead, the traitor, and the lost one raise.

You shall rise or fall by the ghost king's hand,

The Child of Athena's final stand.

Destroy with a hero's final breath,

And lose a love to worse than death.

When demonic cheerleaders invade his high school, Percy Jackson hurries to Camp Half Blood, from whence he and his demigod friends set out on a quest through the Labyrinth, while the war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws

ANYONE READ ANY GOOD BOOKS? 12 70 Aug 20, 2015 05:00PM
Book Ramblings: Percy Jackson: The Battle of the Labyrinth 9 9 Jul 20, 2015 02:20PM
DumbleDORKS: The Battle of The Labyrinth (#4) 13 69 Jul 01, 2015 12:45PM
A Million More Pages: 4 - The Battle Of The Labyrinth (PJ and the O): Jun 1 21 24 Jun 21, 2015 09:02AM
ƑƛƝƓƖƦԼƖƝƓ ƠƔЄƦ Є...: The Battle of the Labyrinth 1 2 Jun 05, 2015 02:58PM
Word Game!(my fav game,plz post) 881 397 May 21, 2015 03:26PM
  • Magic and Other Misdemeanors (The Sisters Grimm, #5)
  • Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)
  • The Siege of Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice, #6)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)
  • Peter and the Shadow Thieves (Peter and the Starcatchers, #2)
  • In Too Deep (The 39 Clues, #6)
  • Leven Thumps and the Ruins of Alder (Leven Thumps, #5)
  • Physik (Septimus Heap, #3)
  • Mines of the Minotaur (The Companions Quartet, #3)
  • The Pilgrims of Rayne (Pendragon, #8)
  • Dragon Flight (Dragon Slippers, #2)
  • The Immortal Fire (Cronus Chronicles, #3)
  • Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus (Theodosia Throckmorton, #3)
  • Disney at Dawn (Kingdom Keepers, #2)
  • The Dragon Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #3)
  • Once Upon a Marigold (Upon a Marigold, #1)
  • The Opal Deception  (Artemis Fowl, #4)

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)

“Be careful of love. It'll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong.” 4360 likes
“People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a person, he can't be fixed.” 3184 likes